PDA

View Full Version : sub in salad for appetizer; possible?

savannahjean85
08-29-2007, 02:10 AM
I was looking at the menus for all the placed I have ADRs for and there isn't anything as an appetizer that looks good to me (At any restuant really ). I also noticed they have the salad menu separated from appetizers. I was wondering if the restuants would let men sub in a garden salad instead of an appetizer. The salad runs cheaper than the appetizer, but then again policy is policy. Anyone know?

bicker
08-29-2007, 05:59 AM
Generally, salads are appetizer options. The only exceptions are entree salads.

Dopey Sharon
08-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Unless things have changed since last November, yes, you can get a garden salad instead of an "appetizer" because I did that at quite a few restaurants we ate at on the DDP.

As a matter of fact, at LeCellier, I was able to get a child's garden salad instead of the caesar salad listed on the menu.

DCDisney
08-29-2007, 09:18 PM
For dinner we could get salads no problem but at lunch salads are considered an entree even if they are only $5 and the other apps are close to $10. It seemed silly to us that they were making us get more expensive stuff ;)

Yvonne

BCV23
08-30-2007, 09:16 AM
For dinner we could get salads no problem but at lunch salads are considered an entree even if they are only $5 and the other apps are close to $10. It seemed silly to us that they were making us get more expensive stuff ;)

Yvonne

Was this QS or TS? If TS, do you remember where? At a TS restaurant, that would seem very unreasonable.

DCDisney
09-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Was this QS or TS? If TS, do you remember where? At a TS restaurant, that would seem very unreasonable.

I very specifically remember this at Le Cellier because of 4 people who wanted cheap salads and couldn't have them all ordered the $10 mussels instead ;) They all liked those BTW. But my stepmother tried for anothernon entree salad for a lunch app and couldn't get it at I believe Coral Reef.

Yvonne

BCV23
09-16-2007, 09:41 AM
I very specifically remember this at Le Cellier because of 4 people who wanted cheap salads and couldn't have them all ordered the $10 mussels instead ;) They all liked those BTW. But my stepmother tried for anothernon entree salad for a lunch app and couldn't get it at I believe Coral Reef.

Yvonne

I can understand the situation at Coral Reef since it was trying to order an entree in place of an appetizer. But the situation at LeCellier seems ludicrous. I wonder if your server was new? At any rate, I'm glad everyone liked the mussels.

SnowWhite2
09-16-2007, 10:08 PM
We just returned and were allowed to order a salad as an appetizer at the TS restaurants as long as the salad was not an entree salad.

DCDisney
09-22-2007, 08:15 PM
I can understand the situation at Coral Reef since it was trying to order an entree in place of an appetizer.

It was a non-entree salad. The problem is at lunch all the salads are grouped together so you weren't allowed to order the little $4 salad as I guess it counted as an entree at lunch.

Yvonne