PDA

View Full Version : lobster at Cap N Jack on DDP

savannahjean85
08-29-2007, 01:57 AM
I see twin tail lobster on the menu for Cap N Jack but I just wanted to double check if anyone knows if it is something DBF can get on DDP? It is pretty much the only reason I made this ADR (for DBF). It will be under the 07 DDP.

beroh2253
08-29-2007, 05:40 AM
I see twin tail lobster on the menu for Cap N Jack but I just wanted to double check if anyone knows if it is something DBF can get on DDP? It is pretty much the only reason I made this ADR (for DBF). It will be under the 07 DDP.

ME and DW will be heading to Cap't Jacks Sept. 23 and we are both going for the twin lobsters. Everyone says this is part of the DDP and that is the main reason we are going to CJs. 23 days and counting till we arrive at POP for our 9 night trip.:hippie: :cool1:

jazz0007
08-29-2007, 07:33 AM
We did the lobster at CJ's on the DDP last September. So unless it's changed...yes it is!

Credit Man
08-29-2007, 03:10 PM
My whole family did the twin tails this July, no problem. Going back again in December.

Paulieuk1969
08-29-2007, 04:59 PM
You can also add a lobster tail to any other entree (except the twin lobster tails) on the dining plan.

Seahunt
08-29-2007, 11:40 PM
You can also add a lobster tail to any other entree (except the twin lobster tails) on the dining plan.

The twin tails are still on the DDP, but you might want to check on the "add an additional tail for $12" as it's pretty confusing :scared: I've read some posts by "Paddydax" (who is a server at CJ's), and he says that you can no longer add a lobster tail to any entree as of April '07 but then right after that I read another poster who says you can order another for $12 even though it's not on the menu :confused3 :

Like this: CM who works at CJ's, and he said the lobster tail add on had been eliminated, but twin lobster tails still remained. To be clear, the lobster tail add-on is no longer offered at Cap'n Jack's -- it's not that it is excluded from the Dining Plan, but you cannot even order it separately for cash any longer either.

Then the other poster: it sounds like CJ's still offers the add-a-tail, just doesn't list it on the menu, and anyone can pay $12 (or whatever the current price is) OOP for it.

Paddydax added this copy of the menu:

NON-ALCOHOLIC SPECIALTY
(A dessert on the DDP)
Berried Treasure Smoothie
A non-alcoholic frozen blend of Strawberry,
Raspberry and Low-fat Yogurt
APPETIZERS
Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail with Cocktail Sauce 10.99
Spinach and Artichoke Dip served with Tortilla Chips 7.49
New England clam chowder 5.49
Manhattan clam chowder 5.49
Crab Cakes with Cajun-Horseradish Sauce and Napa Slaw 9.49
Caesar Salad 6.99
Mixed Greens Salad choice of Ranch Dressing or Papaya Vinaigrette 5.49
ENTREES
Add a Steamed Lobster Tail to your Entree for 12.00
(Ends April 15 2007)
Seared Salmon "Shank"
with Caper-White Wine Sauce, Rice Pilaf, and seasonal Vegetables 23.99
Twin Lobster Tails
with Drawn Butter, Rice Pilaf, and seasonal Vegetables 31.99
Roast Chicken Breast
with Creamed Mushroom Sauce, Mashed Potatoes, and seasonal Vegetables 16.99
Shrimp and Penne Pasta
in a creamy Lobster Sauce 18.99
Old-Fashioned Beef Pot Roast
with Red Skin Mashed Potatoes and seasonal Vegetables 16.49
Penne Pasta Alfredo 14.99
Add Grilled Chicken Breast 17.99
DESSERTS
Double Chocolate Cake with Ice Cream 5.99
White Chocolate, Raspberry Cheesecake 5.49
Key Lime Pie 5.49

Here's a picture of the twin tails on the DDP posted by Hopperfan to get your mouth ready!
Ate lobster at CJ last year on DDP and returning this year. Agree the crab cakes are equally delicious !

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f306/bmozmumy/2006_1001DisneySept060067.jpg

CinderMelly
09-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Ok, that picture is making me drool.

Can it be Halloween now?!

8 more weeks! 8 MORE WEEKS!

english rose 47
09-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Anyone know if you can substitute the rice for potatoes with the twin tails??

brymolmom
09-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Anyone know if you can substitute the rice for potatoes with the twin tails??

I just had the lobster on the DDP on Saturday (9/1/07) and I did ask for a substitute - I didn't end up substituting but I believe my waitress basically said there were 3 sides (rice, green beans, and some sort of potato - I believe mashed since I don't eat mashed and that's why I didn't substitute) and I could get any 2. I bet it greatly depends on your server tho.

MBELSANTI
09-04-2007, 08:28 PM
We just ate there twice this past week and let me tell you, they are every bit as good as they look.:thumbsup2 I have eaten lobsters at many different restaurants from upscale to Red Lobster and these were as good if not better. Also, try the crabcakes appetizer as it is to die for!!!:goodvibes

Poohbear67
09-04-2007, 09:50 PM
this is awesome and I can't wait to eat here. We have ressies on Sat so WOW those twin lobster tails look fantastic!!! Thats what I will be having.:thumbsup2

scramez
09-05-2007, 01:13 AM
Can't wait. I will have to add this to my dining options.

HopperFan
09-05-2007, 01:51 PM
HEY, there is my lobster dinner up there :cool1:

Last year DS got potatoes instead of rice and they were so yummy I am requesting them as well............next week :thumbsup2

Folklore
09-05-2007, 02:01 PM
DH had these on our last trip and said they were awesome. I don't care for seafood but was able to get a lobster tail with my chicken breast for free on the DDP so DH had three instead of two. :thumbsup2 DH was in heaven. :cloud9: For our trip in February the first place he requested we eat at was Cap N Jack's. I am guessing he is dreaming of three lobster tails again. :rolleyes1

MBELSANTI
09-05-2007, 02:26 PM
DH had these on our last trip and said they were awesome. I don't care for seafood but was able to get a lobster tail with my chicken breast for free on the DDP so DH had three instead of two. :thumbsup2 DH was in heaven. :cloud9: For our trip in February the first place he requested we eat at was Cap N Jack's. I am guessing he is dreaming of three lobster tails again. :rolleyes1

I am sorry to say that they do not have the add a tail to any entree anymore.:sad2: I wanted to do that last week with DS, but was unable to. :sad1:

Folklore
09-05-2007, 03:11 PM
I am sorry to say that they do not have the add a tail to any entree anymore.:sad2: I wanted to do that last week with DS, but was unable to. :sad1:

Oh no! DH will be crushed. :scared: Thanks for the heads up. I will need to find a way to break it to him. :idea: