PDA

View Full Version : if any person at the table uses DDP credits...

StrollPatrolMom
08-28-2007, 05:14 PM
for their meal, do they add 18% to the entire bill? even for those paying OOP?

We usually tip more than 18% anyways...but I'd hate to be held to that paying OOP at the off chance we get bad service if we are just having one person using a DDP credit (this is mainly an issue since a couple meals we'll use child credits for my DD and pay OOP for ourselves) TIA!

kaytieeldr
08-28-2007, 08:51 PM
Yes, if any person or persons pay for their meal/s using DDP credits, any items ordered at that table for which the Guests are paying out of pocket incur an 18% gratuity/service charge. If you have legitimate issues with the service, discuss them with a manager before paying the bill (while the problem is occuring is even better). If you want to tip more, feel free.

beroh2253
08-28-2007, 09:05 PM
for their meal, do they add 18% to the entire bill? even for those paying OOP?

We usually tip more than 18% anyways...but I'd hate to be held to that paying OOP at the off chance we get bad service if we are just having one person using a DDP credit (this is mainly an issue since a couple meals we'll use child credits for my DD and pay OOP for ourselves) TIA!

ME and DW went for a week in Sept. last year and we were on the DDP. My DW's brother and wife (they live in Daytona and have AP) joined us for 2 different dinner meals at LeCellier and also at Kona. 2 different checks were made out, ours was no charge on the DDP and they paid OOP for their meal and left a tip % of choice. This year we are to meet again in Sept. for 3 different meals and assume the same will happen. Don't know if this is the same situation but hope the information helps. Have a great trip. Me and DW can't wait till Sept. 21 for our next visit to the MAgic Kingdom. :hippie: :cool1:

JimMIA
08-29-2007, 07:12 AM
Yes, if any person or persons pay for their meal/s using DDP credits, any items ordered at that table for which the Guests are paying out of pocket incur an 18% gratuity/service charge. If you have legitimate issues with the service, discuss them with a manager before paying the bill (while the problem is occuring is even better). If you want to tip more, feel free.
Yes, this is correct. A lot of times, those dining with people on DDP don't notice the tip being included in the OOP check, so it's a good idea to give your friends a heads-up when the check comes.

That policy applies both to non-DDP items like adult beverages, and also to anyone paying OOP. If there is one DDP customer at the table, the whole table is paying 18%.

In addition, of course, if your party is six or more -- no matter how you pay -- you will also be charged 18%.

Lewisc
08-29-2007, 07:55 AM
I thought the "automatic tip",for larger parties, wasn't going to drop from 8 to 6 until 1/1/08. Did that change?

In addition, of course, if your party is six or more -- no matter how you pay -- you will also be charged 18%.

JimMIA
08-29-2007, 09:31 AM
I thought the "automatic tip",for larger parties, wasn't going to drop from 8 to 6 until 1/1/08. Did that change?
No -- you're right. Thanks for catching that.

For some reason, I assumed OP was talking about '08, but they're not, of course. You know what happens when we assume!