PDA

View Full Version : Did you do the plan...do you

moaddi
08-28-2007, 03:37 PM
recommend it or not? Is it too much food? I know you save a lot of money but I feel like it's so much food!

KatMark
08-28-2007, 03:54 PM
I think it is worth it. It is a lot of food. What my husband and I are going to do this year is: On the counter service meal, he will get breakfast and we will split it; I will get lunch or dinner (depending on which we have table service for) and we will split that. That way, when we have our table service meal we will not be overstuffed. Last year, I couldn't always eat my dessert or appetizer because I was so full.

Mickiethepooh
08-28-2007, 04:00 PM
I don't understand the It's a lot of food thing. Order less food. I am used to eating three sit down meals a day when I travel. so for me it is not enough food, the new delux plan next year is more to my liking.
If you are saving money on the current plan over what you would just order and pay for then what difference does it make how much food it is? if you would order and pay for less food then do that if it would be cheaper.

PrincessTiffany
08-29-2007, 03:55 PM
I don't understand the It's a lot of food thing. Order less food. I am used to eating three sit down meals a day when I travel. so for me it is not enough food, the new delux plan next year is more to my liking.
If you are saving money on the current plan over what you would just order and pay for then what difference does it make how much food it is? if you would order and pay for less food then do that if it would be cheaper.
I don't understand the "too much food" thing either. We thought it was great! We love the DDP. Some lunches my two youngest girls would split a meal. We later used those extra credits towards breakfast at the resort one morning. As for dinner, if you feel like it's too much food, just skip the appetizer or the dessert. You don't have to order a food item if you don't want it.

mkross
08-29-2007, 08:42 PM
and we LOVED it. It was my DD14 and I and we paid for it. It was SO worth it. We shared lunch a couple of times and split a breakfast another. Sometimes we wanted our own lunch and did that too. We also shared a snack or two each day. Yes, dinner was large with all the courses, however, we would not eat all the entree or dessert - or- we would take dessert to go. Too much food? Not really. We had one counter service left at the end of our trip. We stopped at the Bakery in MK and got a sandwich, banana loaf and coffee. i drank the coffee and we shared the food the next day on the plane ride home. Oh, did I mention that we LOVED the DDP? I can't understand why anyone would not. It would have made my cringe spending that kind of money on counter service everyday. JMHO. Also, we used most of our snack credits to buy fun yummies to bring home, which was great!

pta-mom
08-29-2007, 09:59 PM
We did the plan last year & loved it too!! But yes, it was a lot of food...at least for us!

We would use the CS credits around 11; snack mid-afternoon sometime & than the TS late...like 7:30 or so. What we found was that usually, on both our CS & TS meals, we would be too full to do dessert so we would take something to go & bring it back to our room. We would than use these as late night snacks or depending on what it was, a small "breakfast".

When I say it was a lot of food, I am referring mostly to the dinners. At the time, our sons were 7 & 9 & for every meal, we could order four appetizers & four main courses & than four desserts. Sometimes, the appetizers were so big that we would be almost full before the main course!!

But, you learn to pick what you want to eat & let the rest go. It really was great & I recommend it!!

Amber74
08-30-2007, 11:19 AM
I added up what we spent on DDP and then checked out counter service menus and added up what we would have spent just having counter service meals for lunch and dinner everyday. It was around the same price but we got to have a great experience trying out all the restaurants Disney has to offer that I never would have booked without the dining plan. We are about to do it all over again in 9 days.:banana: :banana: