PDA

View Full Version : Travel agent Quotes?

lilyv
08-27-2007, 08:21 AM
Is it possible to get quotes from two travel agents? I prefer comparison shopping. Booking Disney is so different than other vacations, and I do understand about the courtesy hold. I would love to know what both Dreams Unlimited and Small World would quote, but don't exactly know how to go about this...and if it's not considered proper, I won't. If it's ok, then do I used different dates/same dates/???

jlewisinsyr
08-27-2007, 11:22 AM
Unless you have a discount code, AAA or something like that, all the prices you will get back will be the same.

mrmagicmph
08-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Unless you have a discount code, AAA or something like that, all the prices you will get back will be the same.

This isn't always the case. In some cases, some travel agencies will have booked some rooms under the Group Rates which will be a separate discount from AAA, PIN Code, etc. MOST of the time, MOST of the agents will have the same price, but, not always.

LilTinks
08-27-2007, 10:51 PM
My feeling has always been that the quotation process is done for comparison purposes...if you stopped at your first quote, what would be the good in that (particularly if it happened to be the highest one)?

However, having done this for our upcoming trip, I found all of the quotes to be the same to the penny (unless mrmagicmph's scenario is the case for your particular agent). The only thing that changed were the incentives for going with any one agent (mine offers all the same Disney World incentives that you'd receive by booking online, plus a few add'l things).

Looking back, I wish I'd simply booked online on my own...I didn't save any money by going with a travel agent, and because the reservation is technically "owned" by my agent, I was unable to make calls to find out about discounts that might apply to my package (instead, I had to get my TA to do the calling even though I was the one who sought out the discount codes and did the research). It made me feel like I was not in control of my own ressie, and that I had to depend on someone else to make the attempt at saving me money (which isn't really in her best interest since the lower the pkg price, the less her commission). Next time, I'm going solo...

Good luck, and quote away as much as you like :)

ScrappinGran
08-28-2007, 01:30 AM
For my Sept.2008 trip, I got quotes from Dreams Unlimited, Disney and AAA.
I booked with AAA and saved $911.00.

jenseib
08-28-2007, 07:51 AM
I checked with several places for our last trip in March. I got the same quoate from eveyone to the penny. AAA was the only discounted one I could find then. I went with them and even buying a member saved us money. Plus we got a few "extras" with them. But one thing that would make me mad was I asked for POP and soem would give me a quote on ASSports. I did not want to go there, and was ticked that they didn't do as I asked, knowing full well that pop was availble. With a few of the places I said Pop, or AS Music or Movies, but NOT Sports, and still one gave me a quote for ONLY sports.

I am looking to book for Dec and I went online and aske for Movies or Pop quote from AAA and the guy gave me a pop quote and a Sports quote. So I will not go with that guy becuase he didn't listen to me. If he can't do that for me, where else will he mess up. :confused3 And the quotes were for the exact same days and preferred rooms and dining, and the two hotels were 300 dollars difference, which I don't get. Online at Disney it wasn't like that. So not sure what he did.
But anyways.... Yo ucan check around, but most likely you will get the same from everyone unless you find a special PIN or code.