PDA

View Full Version : meeting someone at Dolphin for beverage

yankeepenny
08-27-2007, 07:19 AM
we will be at the Dolphin starting this Sunday:banana:

we are meeting with a former co-worker of DH who is retired in the Orlando area.

we asked them to meet us for afternoon beverage at the Dolphin.

can you suggest a place? coffee/tea/whatever?

Thanks! :goodvibes

DisneyFans4
08-27-2007, 07:23 AM
we will be at the Dolphin starting this Sunday:banana:

we are meeting with a former co-worker of DH who is retired in the Orlando area.

we asked them to meet us for afternoon beverage at the Dolphin.

can you suggest a place? coffee/tea/whatever?

Thanks! :goodvibes

Upstairs in the lobby lounge is very nice but it can be loud so I don't know whether you prefer being someplace quiet. What time of day are you meeting?

yankeepenny
08-27-2007, 07:28 AM
3 pm on a weekday

NancyIL
08-27-2007, 07:45 AM
Your friend's beverage will cost an additional $9 to park at the Dolphin. I usually stay at the Swan or Dolphin, but I don't often eat there. I would have your friend park at the Boardwalk and meet you at ESPN CLub. If you're hungry - have the friend park at the Beach Club and eat burgers and shakes at Beaches and Cream.

DisneyFans4
08-27-2007, 10:23 AM
Good point Nancy! Yes, the Swan/Dolphin charge $9.00 a day to park so definitely have your friend park at one of the Disney resorts unless he picks you up and your drive somewhere. We just got back and we visited with our friends but we met him outside the main entrance at the Swan and he just drove up and we got in their car so there was no charge.

I would have suggested Big River Grille on the BW but they just closed for renovations. They are still serving but in the Dance Hall on the BW. The BW is a great place to just sit, drink and talk so you could even go up to the Spoodles take out window and order something and sit outside.