PDA

View Full Version : All Star Music FAQ thread and tips

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

cstooge462
08-26-2007, 09:27 PM
Okay so I have noticied a lot of threads about Disney resorts, but there is non dedicated to All Star Music, so I decided to start one. I will be there in Sept for 10 nights and I would love to know some tips and what are your favorite things about this resort.
Thanks

jonna30
08-26-2007, 09:38 PM
Thank you!!! I feel like the ASMu is "ignored" by everyone but "Linda" on theses boards. We also are eagerly anticipating our stay in Sept. HOWEVER, I wish that I knew way more about what to expect.

minnie61650
08-26-2007, 10:22 PM
Okay so I have noticied a lot of threads about Disney resorts, but there is non dedicated to All Star Music, so I decided to start one. I will be there in Sept for 10 nights and I would love to know some tips and what are your favorite things about this resort.
Thanks

Congrats on starting a All Star Music FAQ thread:

All Star Music has a rose garden near the broadway section.
It is very nice place to sit and relax.

Music has added games and contests by the pool in the afternoon and has movies by the pool at 9 PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
From this website:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=wd070618mg

As we noted on last week's MousePlanetWatch news podcast, We've gotten a couple of reports about the "something special" that we were told to keep our eyes out for at All-Star Music and Yacht & Beach Club. At All-Star Music, we've heard that folks have found karaoke sessions for dance parties near the pools, a nightly movie by the Calypso pool and in increase of staff to make it easier for guests to find assistance. ......

Music has added games and contests by the pool in the afternoon and has movies by the pool at 9 PM.

Here is a review thread about the Family Suites and it also tells about the activities and buses at All Star Music:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1545385

And a review of All Star Music from this thread:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1551973&page=2

I've stayed at all of the All Stars as well as Pop Century, with my most recent stay being at All Stars Music. I just returned home 3 days ago. I had stayed there before for one night and didn't even look at the resort, I drove straight to my room and stayed there until it was time to leave the next day. So I decided to try it for a longer stay this time and I'm so glad I did! This is the sweetest little resort!

I liked all of them but I think this one is now my favorite and if I had kids, well, there is tons for them to do here! Every day is full of activities. When you check in they give you a sheet listing all of them for the week. It seemed that most took place at the Calypso pool. Some of them were a nightly movie, daily bingo games (cost 1.00 per card), one day I came back in the afternoon and they were line dancing at the pool, they also had nightly dance parties before the movie, one day they had karaoke, there was a jump rope contest and a treasure hunt just to name a few.

I also fell in love with the theming at this resort. Calypso definitely has a Caribbean flare to it, this section is kind of noisy because of the pool but it is closest to the main building. Jazz has a tranquil New Orleans Square feel with it's beautiful fountain and wrought iron. Broadway transports you to the streets of New York (literally, Wall Street & Broadway) and has a Central Park inspired area as well. Rock Inn is loud as far as decor goes but it's got the 50's vibe down pat. Country Fair seemed the quietest to me, it was all the way in the back of the resort and had a large, wooden fenced in area with picnic tables. Loved the giant cowgirl boots on the buildings here. Other than the Calypso area though the whole place was pretty tranquil.

For those who have kids that are easily distracted during meals, the food court here has a large tv set up in the very back of the seating area that shows cartoons that might help keep them focused while you are eating.

The newly remodeled rooms are great too! The decor is a lot less cartoony than it used to be. I love that they've added curved shower rods to the bathrooms and they also give you soap and shampoo/conditioner now, which the values never did before. That doesn't really matter to me but it does to some.

I was treated very well at this resort, I'm not going to say everyone will get this but when I got to my room there was a Mickey head towel "animal" on one of the beds for me. When I arrived back that night from the parks I had a call from the gentleman who checked me in saying that if there was anything he could do to make my stay more enjoyable to please let him know. When I came back to my room the next afternoon I had a call waiting from the manager of the resort telling me he hoped I enjoyed my stay and if I needed anything to let him know. There was also a little card on my pillow from the housekeeping staff that said a little birdie told them I was leaving and they hoped that all my dreams came true. All of that really made a good impression on me, never got anything close to that at any other resort I've stayed in, not even the deluxes. Like I said, that might not happen for everyone but it was really nice.

:)

It seems to me that All Star Music is trying harder.

----------------------------------------------------------

All Star Music is my favorite resort. It tends to be the quietest of all the values.

All Star Music just underwent a refurbishment of all of the rooms and was completed in June 2007.

Here is a website with photos of the newly refurbished rooms at All Star Music.

Look at the Jazz Inn section with new posted:

http://allearsnet.com/acc/g_asmu.htm

Please see my info thread For the resons why I enjoy All Star Music so much.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=18641909#post18641909

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

Family Fun Mom
08-26-2007, 11:06 PM
Thanks for starting this thread! I have three top contenders for my trip next year, two rooms at POP, SOG, or ASMu family suites. As of right now, ASMu is in the lead. This thread may be just what I need to clinch it :goodvibes

disneymath
08-26-2007, 11:20 PM
Thanks for starting this thread. My family and I are looking at ASMu Family Suites for December! Hopefully there are many DISers out there who can help supplement "Linda's" info! :goodvibes

Family Fun Mom
08-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Is it true that there are never any pins, codes, or discounts offered for the family suites? Even during times like the Wonderful Weeks of Disney?

safetymom
08-27-2007, 05:22 AM
The last several times Disney offered codes there were discounts on the family suites.

winterman
08-27-2007, 07:54 AM
I'm going to keep an eye on this thread. After two stays at POP, we are looking to try some place different. Linda has me just about convinced but I want to see what other people have to say too. I would especially like to here more about the food court ( and how it compares to POP's.)

Our next trip will be late April, early May. I would love to stay at POFQ (we loved our one visit there.) But DH has problems with the cost, so I'm looking at ASMu as a cheaper, but pleasant alternative.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

cstooge462
08-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Thank you alll so much for posting. :goodvibes I agree that All Star has been ignored so lets hope to put an end to that. I have a laundry question and hoping that someone will have the answer. I will be at ASMU for 10 days and will probably need to do some laundry during one of our afternoon breaks. Can anyone tell me how much does it cost to wash and dry and are the laundry areas busy mid afternoon?

Also "Linda" if you are out there we would love to hear some of your tips.:thumbsup2

bugsbuni70
08-27-2007, 04:13 PM
I stayed at Pop in May. Im staying At All Star Music for the first time. Thanks for the info. Are the games and movies my 5yr would be able do?:banana:

10_Kyle_10
08-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Cant wait till Oct! First time staying @ Music...Does anyone know if the movies will continue running at 9pm? or was this a summer peak thing?

minnie61650
08-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Also "Linda" if you are out there we would love to hear some of your tips.:thumbsup2

I'm here.:wave2:

Tips to reduce room noise at your resort

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Tips:

I stay at the values quite often and have never had an issue with noise.

The noise issues come with :

1. The main pool is located very close to some of the value rooms.

The themed pools at the mods and deluxes are set away from the rooms.

Tip: Ask for a room facing away or located a ways from the main pool.

2. Turbo toilets

The Values are newer and have the turbo toilets.
* Note: AKL,OKW and SSR also have the turbo toilets.

Tip: Close your bathroom door at night because noise travels through the plumbing.

3. Connecting rooms

About 50% of the value rooms have connecting doors.

Noise will travel under the connecting doors in a room.

Tip: If you have noisy neighbors open your connecting door and place a rolled up bath towel on the floor between then close and lock your connecting door.

Some Guests have found that using a fan or white noise machigan helps them sleep better.

These tips should help you get a restful sleep wherever you choose to stay.

disneymath
08-27-2007, 09:51 PM
The towel trick between the connecting doors is one I never would have thought of.

Disneyholic
08-27-2007, 10:08 PM
The last several times Disney offered codes there were discounts on the family suites.

Were the codes just for packages or room only? I have a room only family suite booked for the end of October and couldn't get a AAA rate for it but didn't have any codes to book with when I booked it. Were they AP, General Public or Disney VISA?
It would really be nice to get a discount on the room since DD & her DH are going with us on a budget trip and we would all like to save a little money on the room to spend elsewhere in the World.:thumbsup2

kath1210
08-27-2007, 10:27 PM
This thread is a great idea!

We just returned from a trip to ASMu, our first since October 2005, when I fell in love with this resort. The renovated rooms are just gorgeous! The beds are comfortable, the new carpet is so cute with Mickey heads all over, and the wood furnishings are very beautiful.

We really like the food court and the pools, and the landscaping is so lush. In fact, after "remembering" why we fell in love with ASMu, we changed our Christmas reservations from one room at the Beach Club to two rooms at ASMu. Saved a lot of money, and we'll have two TVs, two bathrooms, and 4 beds! We always rent a car, and drive almost everywhere, so proximity to a theme park is not such a big deal for us.

Here are some pictures of the renovated rooms:

New bedspreads

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9959/img0880tm0.jpg

Towel Mickey head

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/3013/img0885jq6.jpg

New table and chairs

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/9830/img0883as3.jpg

Close-up of table with Mickey heads

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/6199/img0884oo4.jpg

New armoire

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/4889/img0882is6.jpg

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/1420/img0889ik4.jpg

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/594/img0888vl1.jpg

New bathroom curtain with bowed rod

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/8207/img0887cx7.jpg

New toiletries - soap and shampoo/conditioner combo (smelled great)

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/570/img0890et8.jpg

New headboard and lights

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/6227/img0881ha8.jpg

Rack to hang coats, etc.

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/2148/img0886xh3.jpg
By kath1210 (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/kath1210)

Family Fun Mom
08-27-2007, 11:51 PM

:cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :cheer2: :dance3:

That's great news! I'll have to keep close watch on that.

JAA'smom
08-28-2007, 06:51 AM
I have a couple of questions. Do they have the frozen cokes like at POP? Also, what kind of movies do they show? Just cartoons or is it a mix? Thanks this is my families first stay here and we are really excited.:banana:

Babboo
08-28-2007, 08:30 AM
Is it true that there are never any pins, codes, or discounts offered for the family suites? Even during times like the Wonderful Weeks of Disney?

Not at all. We just used the Visa codes but found it less expensive to get two adjoining rooms than a single family suite - even after adding the fridge. I can't find my notes but IIRC the difference was more than $400 between the two.

Those codes were just recently released for the Disney Visas.

Patti_C
08-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Can you move the bed against the wall? If they do move I thought it might give me more room.

P&L@WDW
08-28-2007, 11:24 AM
I can't wait. I stayed at AS Music for my last trip, and I'm returning for my next one. 7 days today, at this time, we'll be landing in Orlando and heading to the resort to check in! I can't wait. I love the Music!

kath1210
08-28-2007, 12:20 PM
I have a couple of questions. Do they have the frozen cokes like at POP? Also, what kind of movies do they show? Just cartoons or is it a mix? Thanks this is my families first stay here and we are really excited.:banana:

I did not see frozen Cokes in the food court. The movies at the pool were popular Disney movies, like Finding Nemo, National Treasure, etc.

Have a great trip!!

kath1210
08-28-2007, 12:24 PM
Can you move the bed against the wall? If they do move I thought it might give me more room.

We were in a standard room on our last trip and we could move the bed nearest the door, but could not move the bed nearest to the bathroom. I am not sure if all of the rooms are the same way, though.

We moved the bed to put an aerobed (twin-size) between the beds. A twin-size air mattress will fit elsewhere in the room, but DD wanted to be able to see the TV. :goodvibes

Family Fun Mom
08-28-2007, 01:41 PM
My friend just left me a voice mail, she's at the World right now. She is staying at ASMo after two previous stays at moderates (POFQ and CSR). She said that after staying at the mods, values were a bit of a let down. I do worry about this because we really, really loved POR. Have any of you stayed at moderates before your All Star Music stay? How do you compare it?

Busymom85
08-28-2007, 01:56 PM
I'm so glad to hear the positive reviews. We had reservations for the POP and changed to Music to get the discount in Dec. I'm getting excited now.
Thanks.

momomonster
08-28-2007, 02:39 PM
We'll be staying there in less than a month- woohoo! - and I'll be sure to post a review upon my return. We've stayed in the moderates before and I stay in 4star places on business, but I figured we wouldn't be in the room much this vacation and I wanted to stretch our dollars as much as possible. Moderate doesn't seem TWICE as nice. . .but I could be wrong.

minnie61650
08-29-2007, 09:24 PM
....Also, what kind of movies do they show? Just cartoons or is it a mix? Thanks this is my families first stay here and we are really excited.:banana:

All Star Music has started a new pilot program.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
From this website:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=wd070618mg

As we noted on last week's MousePlanetWatch news podcast, We've gotten a couple of reports about the "something special" that we were told to keep our eyes out for at All-Star Music and Yacht & Beach Club. At All-Star Music, we've heard that folks have found karaoke sessions for dance parties near the pools, a nightly movie by the Calypso pool and in increase of staff to make it easier for guests to find assistance. ......

----------------------------------------------------

I called All Star Music today. I did call the All Star Music resort # which is 407-939-6000. Of course that # really goes to the switchboard. After explaining I was coming to All Star Music in September and I had read about the pilot program and I wanted more info on the activities and movies she did switch me over to the front desk and the front desk CM switched me over to one of the mangers. Anyway I asked about the pilot program and I was informed it will only last through September but if All Star Music and YC&BC (which also has a similar program ) get enough positive feedback they may expand this program to all of the resorts! Yeah. So if anyone is going to All Star Music please fill out the surveys which are at the front desk. Please be honest but please fill them out.

There will also be CM's in the parks which ask guests to fill out surveys. They are usually in the parks from about 8-10 A.M. and each CM try to interview about 30 guests a day who will take the time to answer the surveys.

The manager I talked to today sent me a list of the activities they have planned for September.
Here it is:

Here is our daily activities at All Star Music as they will stand for the month of September:

Sunday
1-2 Free Arcade game in noteable arcade
2-3 pool party (hula hoops, musical chairs, music trivia)
3-330 Dance party
430-530 4 square
6-7 Bingo
8-830 Disney trivia
8:30-9:00 Dance Party
9:00 Movie Finding Nemo
Monday
1-2Free Arcade game
2-3 pool party (twister scram, water baloon toss)
3-3:30 dance party
4:30-5:30 Pool Volleyball
6-7 bingo
8-830 Monday night dance fever (dance competition)
8:30-9:00 dance party
9 mystery movie night (we have the guests vote on movies....could be Sky high, Hannah Montana, Bridge to Teribithia, Incredibles, Little Mermaid, etc)

Tuesday
1-2 free arcade game
2-3 pool Party (hula hoop competition, water balloon toss)
3-330 dance party
4:30-5:30 Chalk Art
6-7 Bingo
8-8:30 Poolside Jam Session
830-9:00 Dance party
9:00 Movie Monsters inc

Wednesday
1-2 Free Arcade game
2-3 Pool Party (pitchburst (dunk booth sorta))
3-330 dance party
4:30-530 Pool Basketball
6-7 Bingo
8-830 karaoke
830-9 dance party
9 movie Toy Story 2

Thursday
1-2 Free arcade game
2-3 pool party (hula hoops, musical chairs, music trivia)
3-330 Dance party
430-530 Pool activities
6-7 Bingo
8-830 Double Dutch Jump Rope
8:30-9:00 Dance Party
9:00 Movie Jump in

Friday
1-2 Free Arcade game
2-3 pool party (twister scram, water baloon toss)
4:30-5:30 Pool Basketball
6-7 Bingo
8-830 Friday night dance fever (dance competition)
9:00 Movie Cars

Saturday
1-2 Free Arcade game
2-3 pool party (Hula Hoop and Waterballoon Toss)
4:30-5:30 Pitchburst
6-7 Bingo
8-830 Treasure Hunt (scavenger hunt)
9:00 Movie National Treasure

If anyone wishes to contact Disney the addresses are:

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

The All Star Music phone # is 407-939-6000

Let's let Disney know we like this new program and we want it to continue and expand to the other resorts as well!

Thanks ........And......

emh1129
08-29-2007, 09:34 PM
Thanks to everyone for posting info and pictures :) We are so excited to stay here!

cstooge462
08-29-2007, 09:49 PM
"Linda" that you so much for thr information about the activities. I am looking forward to it.:banana:

Family Fun Mom
08-30-2007, 12:16 AM
If anyone wishes to contact Disney the addresses are:

PO Box 10040

The All Star Music phone # is 407-939-6000

Let's let Disney know we like this new program and we want it to continue and expand to the other resorts as well!

Thanks ........And......

I just did! :goodvibes

minnie61650
08-30-2007, 12:24 PM
I just did! :goodvibes

Thank you for helping to support the pilot program.

----------------------------------------------------------

The pilot program is not just about the games and movies but it is really about better guest service.
Having more staff available at check in so guests can check in a more timely manner.
Having clean rooms ready at check in so guests do not have to wait until the late afternoon for a clean room.
Having more staff on hand so a guest can have any questions or concerns taken care of right away.
And yes, also the calls so guests will feel that the CM's really do care.

I was told they are getting the results from those surveys the next morning and actions are immediately being taken to correct problems or congratulate success.

I was told that this program is ending the end of September but if they get lots of good feedback they may extend this type of service to the other resorts as well.

I am really hoping they get lots positive response to this program.
I was told that so far there has been quite a bit of positive response from guests at All Star Music but the BC & YC has not been getting many responses.

My guess is not very many guests know this is a pilot program so they do not respond.
-----------------------------------------------
Here are a couple of posts I came across the last 2 days.

From this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1565556

We just returned from ASMu last week, and I just assumed that this "pilot program" was what normally happened at a Disney Hotel. This was our very first trip as a family to Disney, and my first time staying on site, and we were thrilled with all of the poolside activities that they had planned. The dance competitions, karaoke and movies were wonderful! There was so much for all of the children to do - of all ages! My daughter is only 4, but she spent all of her time dancing at the pool, and we loved watching the movie on the big blow up screen. It was so relaxing to watch a movie -- IN THE POOL! :) So so nice. If this is a program that is new, I certainly hope that it stays because we really enjoyed it after a long day at the parks!

And from this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1565346

Just returned from a splt stay at Beach Club/Grand Floridian. Loved the Beach Club!!! (we were AKL refugees!!) Upgraded to a water view(we paid for standard at AKL) with full balcony, and our room was ready at 11am!!!! The water view overlooked the quiet pool. GF another story, we had to wait until about 4pm to get into our room. Terrible view overlooked the GF convention center and dumpsters:( Also, the noise from trucks with the backup beeps early in the morning stunk!!! After I complained they moved us to the newly redone Conch Key!!!! Much better room, flat screen tv, view of marina and no beeping trucks!!! Great pools at both resorts!!! Any questions???

---------------------------------------------------------

I was told that there is hope that with enough interest that they may be able to keep a lot of the great things happening at AS Music and YC & BC and be able to expand to other properties. I was also told that this pilot is all about trying to improve intent to return.

The manager I spoke with me that the best thing that guests can do is when they check out of the resort, they should take the survey and give feedback (honest feedback about anything good or bad they experienced).

If anyone else wishes to contact Disney the addresses are:

PO Box 10040

Thanks ........And......
Have fun at Disney!

Magalex
08-30-2007, 12:35 PM
I really hope they keep these activities. Because I would like to stay at Music on our next trip but this will be a reason to convince my 7 yr old DS he will enjoy Music. He enjoyed the small games at the CBR's pool this past summer.

DISCRAZYFAMILYOF6
08-30-2007, 01:25 PM
We are going to be staying at ASMu Sept. 10-19. There are 6 of us and I requested adjoined rooms, but should I call and confirm that I got them?

momof2sons
08-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Thanks for starting this new informative resort thread. We will be staying here in Oct our first trip at this resort. We have stayed at YC, POP, POR, and ASMo and we can't wait to try out the ASMu.

Anyone have more photos or experiences. Please post them the good the bad and the magical. We would love to read them.

Kimberly815
08-30-2007, 01:49 PM
Thanks for this thread! We are staying at the All Star Music Sept 22-30th and I have been having some trouble finding info on it! Thanks kath1210 for the photos! I will be sure to add my own review and photos to this thread when I get back!

GrumpyFamilyof5
08-30-2007, 02:39 PM
hello, we have been seriously thinking of another vacation to Disney the last week of Dec. I know I've been told it will be very hectic that week, but might be our last chance for awhile, so will just have to deal with the crowds!;)
We've stayed at ASMo and the POP, but have wanted to try ASMu, mainly because well we love music and our olderest DS has decided on music as his major, so thought it would be fun for all to give it a try next go around!
My question is, how comfortable are the suites. There would be 6 of us because we are taking DS(15) best friend with us. Do they allow 6 in the suites being that it is technically 2 rooms?? And will we have plenty of space?
Last question, in your opinion is it to cold to swim at the end of Dec., I know the pools are heated, but how heated?? The kids will bug me til I find out!
Thanks ahead of time!:)

diznyfanatic
08-30-2007, 03:00 PM
Thanks so much for starting this thread and a big thanks to Linda for sharing all of her ASMU knowledge. :)

We recently added a night at Music before our DVC stay for our upcoming F&W trip and are really excited to try this resort!

It sounds like the resort is pretty quiet no matter what section you end up in, but if a pool isn't a big need for us this trip (no kids this time), can anyone recommend a section?

The Broadway and Jazz sections sound nice, but would appreciate all suggestions! Thanks!

zipuzee
08-30-2007, 04:49 PM
I'm excited about our stay here in 50 or so days:banana: Does anyone know if they now have hair dryers in the rooms? TIA:goodvibes

pugluver31902
08-30-2007, 07:39 PM
hello, we have been seriously thinking of another vacation to Disney the last week of Dec. I know I've been told it will be very hectic that week, but might be our last chance for awhile, so will just have to deal with the crowds!;)
We've stayed at ASMo and the POP, but have wanted to try ASMu, mainly because well we love music and our olderest DS has decided on music as his major, so thought it would be fun for all to give it a try next go around!
My question is, how comfortable are the suites. There would be 6 of us because we are taking DS(15) best friend with us. Do they allow 6 in the suites being that it is technically 2 rooms?? And will we have plenty of space?
Last question, in your opinion is it to cold to swim at the end of Dec., I know the pools are heated, but how heated?? The kids will bug me til I find out!
Thanks ahead of time!:)

My husband and I tried to book for December, and all the values were booked. Was anyone else able to book music for December?

coastermom
08-30-2007, 07:57 PM
I just tried to book a suite for May the 1st till the 5th for a long weekend and can't get a family suite at all . I wonder why ?? Now the kids want to go to the hard rock hotel in universal but I figured I would try Disney too . This is for her sweet 16. I think the Hard rock it will be as I can't get a suite and the prices for other hotels are more then the hard rock. AHHH Kids :confused: they are making me nuts.

Iluvthemouse
08-30-2007, 08:20 PM
Thank you OP for this thread. We will be there in 13 days.:banana:

Sorry if this has been covered but have all the rooms been renovated?

kath1210
08-30-2007, 08:38 PM
I'm excited about our stay here in 50 or so days:banana: Does anyone know if they now have hair dryers in the rooms? TIA:goodvibes

Yes, a few weeks ago, we had a standard room in the Broadway building and we did have a hair dryer.

emh1129
08-30-2007, 09:02 PM
My husband and I tried to book for December, and all the values were booked. Was anyone else able to book music for December?

I think it just depends upon which week you're planning to visit.
We changed our trip from T-giving week to Dec.15-23rd and were able to get music with no problems. I would imagine the next few days and into the holidays would be full, though.

GrumpyFamilyof5
08-30-2007, 09:46 PM

It pops up a suite for me everytime. Maybe it's certain dates that are booked??:confused3

FoundNemoLostDori
08-30-2007, 11:23 PM
I just got back from All Star Music and first let me say......:sad2: Why oh why couldn't it have been longer?! My husband and I stayed there for a week and I just can't imagine another hotel being any better. The staff are super professional and very helpful. I adore the cafeteria and miss it already. Try their choco chip pancakes or mickey waffles for breakfast, their nachos or taco salad for lunch, and don't forget their pizza, hamburgers, and delectable chicken! Refills are available in the center of the room and I love the big screen tv in the back where they play Disney cartoons all day and a movie at night (if it's raining outside). My hubby and I watched the dance contests they had for the kids and couldn't believe how adorable they were. One evening they had dancing by the pool and this little 5 or 6 yr old boy was doing a solo dance and really getting with it. At the end the whole pool clapped for him and were whistling. They have activities going all the time and the pools are fantastic. We received a wonderful message from the manager at the end of our stay and the rooms were above board with being clean. Mousekeeping was wonderful and made towel animals for us. One evening we were shocked when we came back to the hotel to find that our stuffed animal on our bed had the remote control in her hands and was watching disney cartoons. I absolutely loved that the Mousekeepers had such a great sense of humor! After that we had a running joke with making Trixie, our stuffed dinosaur, do something new every day. The maids had fun with it and played along with it as well. We were celebrating my 30th birthday and everyone at the parks were great. I got a free sundae at the Rainforest cafe along with singing Happy Birthday. I also got a signed birthday card from all the crew at the Sci Fi Dine In Theatre along with another ice cream sundae ( I def. had enough ice cream this trip lol) So yes, I would definitely recommend the All Star Music Resort and seeing as we've stayed there 3 times already, we'll def. be back again!:thumbsup2

lisaluvsmickey2000
08-30-2007, 11:59 PM
We have booked the special deal for the week after Thanksgiving. Our friends will be staying 11/26-12/2 and we will be there 11/26-12/5! :banana: This is our first trip to ASMu, so I'm glad to see this thread and all the positive reviews :thumbsup2 Last year we stayed at POP and really enjoyed ourselves. We own at Westgate, but sell our weeks to afford to stay on property :rotfl: I'll be sure to post plenty of pics and reviews.

Any suggestions from the ASMu experts on what rooms to ask for? We are 2 couples w/o kids, wanting quiet. The POP room we had last year was in 50's facing the lake and we could see the fireworks each night from MK and EPCOT. Any rooms like this at ASMu?????

Babboo
08-31-2007, 05:44 AM
I just got back from All Star Music and first let me say......:sad2: Why oh why couldn't it have been longer?!

FNLD thanks very much for the positive report. SharkyGoddess and I will be there in just over a month (hoping these activities are still going...) and are very much looking forward to having a wonderful time.

To everyone who has contributed to this thread (and will in the future) thank you as well for all the great info!

DISNEYJAZZ
08-31-2007, 07:00 AM
i have an odd question...can you bring a toaster to the family suites? :confused3 we will be there for 6 nights/7 days and will have breakfast in the room and it would be nice for the grands to have toast with their oatmeal :love: ....too bad our ross store sold out of rhte disney toasters before i could get there...and they were only $9!!!! man i'd love soem toast with a slipper toasted on the side:love: ...heehee thansk for any info....:cloud9:

zipuzee
08-31-2007, 09:58 AM
Yes, a few weeks ago, we had a standard room in the Broadway building and we did have a hair dryer.

Thanks! one less thing to pack. I'll make sure to take lots of pics and post them when we get back..can't wait!!

cstooge462
09-01-2007, 10:52 AM
bump bump bump:jumping1:

emh1129
09-01-2007, 07:02 PM
FoundNemo- I'm so glad you had such a wonderful trip! Thanks for taking the time to post :) We have never stayed there before but we're excited to try it!

cstooge462
09-01-2007, 07:52 PM
okay for those who have stayed at All Star Music what did you think of the food court. Was it always crowded? Did it have a good selection to pick from? My dh is so worried that he will not be able to find something to eat when we are at the resort. THANKS!!!

bigbabyblues
09-01-2007, 09:37 PM
okay for those who have stayed at All Star Music what did you think of the food court. Was it always crowded? Did it have a good selection to pick from? My dh is so worried that he will not be able to find something to eat when we are at the resort. THANKS!!!

Here's a link to the food court's menu from allears:

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/men_asm2.htm

We stayed at ASMovies in 2004, granted 3 years ago, but still... We used Music's bus a few times, and when we were walking to our resort, we talked about how Music didn't seem as crowded. I don't know if it was just the right time or what, but when we returned from the park at night, there were plenty of seats in the food court, the pool bar, etc.

We're considering Music for our trip in 2008.

Cinders Mum
09-02-2007, 03:20 AM
Thank you alll so much for posting. :goodvibes I agree that All Star has been ignored so lets hope to put an end to that. I have a laundry question and hoping that someone will have the answer. I will be at ASMU for 10 days and will probably need to do some laundry during one of our afternoon breaks. Can anyone tell me how much does it cost to wash and dry and are the laundry areas busy mid afternoon?

not sure if I saw a reply to this question, if so sorry for repeating answer.

Washers are $2, dryers are $2, individual sachets of powder and downy are $1 each. There is a change machine in the laundry room, but if this is not working it is a short walk to the arcade for more machines.

If found mornings and early afternoons to be fine, as most others are in the parks.

I cannot wait to get back to Music again, starting to get the tummy butterflies....:cheer2: :cheer2:

Val
xx

cstooge462
09-02-2007, 08:49 AM
Thank you all so much for your answers, it clears up a lot of questions. Only a 12 more days until I am off to see Mickey:yay:

GaMsStella2
09-02-2007, 09:27 AM
Just wanting to join in here with all the other ASMU We will be checking in on the 17th Sept-23 we have stayed over at ASMO but never here before.
There will be 7 of us staying in 2 rooms. I can't think of a better place to stay with the grandkids. We will be decorating our windows and going to the MNSSHP on the 21st. I am sure you all have heard about the Bounce Back free dinning offer for 2008 if possible can some confirm that you got the offer while stay at ASMU if you get there before we do. I just can't wait and please feel free to say Hey if you see us:banana: :banana: :banana:

CharlieTuna
09-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Just got back from All Star Music. I was delighted to see DJ and Ellen there. I last saw them at the Grand Floridian working together and they seemed like a great team. Not sure what this new program is (from reading previous posts), but if those two are there, it must be great. They are phenomenal managers.

Other than that, it was clean, fun and cheap.

diznyfanatic
09-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Just got back from All Star Music. I was delighted to see DJ and Ellen there. I last saw them at the Grand Floridian working together and they seemed like a great team. Not sure what this new program is (from reading previous posts), but if those two are there, it must be great. They are phenomenal managers.

Other than that, it was clean, fun and cheap.

Is that the same DJ from Boardwalk? If so, that is great news and really makes me excited to stay at ASMU for the first time!

I heard DJ had been transferred to another property to act in some corporate training capacity and he certainly would be a huge asset in that type of position. The personal service we experienced on his watch at BWV was the best we've experienced on property.

I hope he is there when we check-in in October as I would love to say Hi!! :)

MegaWoman
09-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Hi
After reading all these posts, I'm positive we've chosen the right resort.

Can anyone tell me if ASMu is decorated well for Christmas? I've seen photos here of the Deluxe resorts decorated to the nines for Christmas - what are the values like?

Are there special food items at the resort just for Christmas (NOT fruitcake, yuck!)

Anything else I should know about Christmas time?

Peace
Stephanie

tinkerbell615
09-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Can't answer the question about Christmas time but I can tell you, we loved ASMu. We stayed at ASMu in June. It was amazing. We were in Broadway building 7 and thought is was wonderful. The Broadway sections is in the back but not really more that a 5 minute walk to the pool and food court. We did not mind the walk. We loved the greenery and the quite places to sit with nice little benches. I love the decor of the Broadway section. I felt like we were walking down the street to the theater every time we went back to our rooms.

DD took quite a fix pictures with her digital camera and if someone would kindly tell us how to post them, I will have her try tomorrow.

Have a great trip!

Chef
09-02-2007, 10:58 PM
So excited to be going to ASmu! Its my first solo trip in less than 6 days!:banana:
September 9-16 ASmu
September 16-21 BWV

Looking forward to meeting many Dis people.
Send me a note if you are going to be there the same time as me.

All the best,
Chef Scott

stitchypoo
09-03-2007, 07:17 AM
My sister and I discovered the wonders of WDW in 2005...came back in May 2007 and decided to come back again in the beginning of Oct for the Int Food & Wine Fest. However, this will be our first time staying on property. We will be staying at ASMu (we're so excited), and we were wondering when does Melody Hall open (we're early risers), and when the first busses come for parks? Thanks for any info you can give! :flower3:

Cinders Mum
09-03-2007, 07:22 AM
refill station and bakery goods from 0630hrs, the hot foods from 0700hrs,(being scottish, the time difference kills us to begin with so I tend to be up and around by 5am EST lol ) and the buses operate from 1 hour before park opening, but there are additional buses to MK for example for the 0800hrs onwards dining guests.

Val
xx

stitchypoo
09-03-2007, 07:37 AM
refill station and bakery goods from 0630hrs, the hot foods from 0700hrs,(being scottish, the time difference kills us to begin with so I tend to be up and around by 5am EST lol ) and the buses operate from 1 hour before park opening, but there are additional buses to MK for example for the 0800hrs onwards dining guests.

Val
xx

Thank you so much, Val!!! I know how you feel about being an early riser except I don't have the excuse of time differences. I'm from the EST zone and I almost always wake up at 5:30am with no help from an alarm clock. My family hates me, LOL! Thanks again!!!

Iluvthemouse
09-03-2007, 08:04 AM
10 more days until ASMu. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: We have been to POP, CSR, POR so this is a first time at AS. I love this thread and it makes me happy we chose to stay here.

Goofy22
09-03-2007, 08:25 AM
My friend just left me a voice mail, she's at the World right now. She is staying at ASMo after two previous stays at moderates (POFQ and CSR). She said that after staying at the mods, values were a bit of a let down. I do worry about this because we really, really loved POR. Have any of you stayed at moderates before your All Star Music stay? How do you compare it?

I stayed at DVC all the time before my Asmu stay and Pop stay! Of course the rooms do not compare but the rooms were very nice and clean and themeing was great! We loved both ASMU and POP! You cannot compare a value to a mod or deluxe thats why there are values mods and deluxes! If I had to pay I would stay at a value before a mod because the themeing is so fun and the kids love it! Actually in Feb we are staying at POR because it was cheaper than ASMU Suites but I am rethinking it and may call and change to ASMU suites! I loved it there! It's all about the themeing! :banana:

Goofy22
09-03-2007, 08:32 AM
I have some pics from our april stay at asmu if someone can tell me how to upload them on here I'll put them on all the time Ive been around here I never posted pics!

Goofy22
09-03-2007, 08:34 AM

No unfortunately no frozen coke at ASMU yet! It was only at Pop!

cstooge462
09-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Oh no the thread has ended up on page 5. We can't let this thread die. COME ON PEOPLE!!!!! :cheer2: Does anyone else have any great tips or hidden gems that they have discovered about All Star Music.

zipuzee
09-07-2007, 03:44 PM
bump:love:

bugsbuni70
09-07-2007, 05:31 PM
Im going to Disney for the second time this year. I haven't been to Mickeys Very Merry Christmas party before. Has anyone else been there? We will be there from Nov 28 th to Dec 4th. We are going to the party on the Nov 30 th.:banana: :cheer2:

Babboo
09-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Not a tip - but I have a question...

Is there a watering hole at the ASMu pool?

kath1210
09-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Not a tip - but I have a question...

Is there a watering hole at the ASMu pool?

Yes, it's by the main pool and the food court. I can't remember what it's called.:confused3

lisaluvsmickey2000
09-08-2007, 12:28 AM
:faint: Im going to Disney for the second time this year. I haven't been to Mickeys Very Merry Christmas party before. Has anyone else been there? We will be there from Nov 28 th to Dec 4th. We are going to the party on the Nov 30 th.:banana: :cheer2:

HI! I haven't been to MVMCP, but I will be there the same time as you are :thumbsup2 We arrive 11/26 and return home 12/5!

Does anyone know which section or group of rooms we should ask for to get
1) Quiet...no pools
2) Views...of anything? I originally asked about views of the fireworks from the parks, but the friend's we are going with are maniacs!!! We will be at the parks from open to close, including every hour of EMH :faint:

dawgfan
09-08-2007, 09:44 AM
We stayed at the Country Fair building and it was EXTREMELY quiet...except for the occasional vacuum flush toilet sound. This building is so far away from the main pool and the main building that it really is very quiet. The flip side is that you have a walk to deal with. We went theme park commando much like your friends sound. We simply walked to the parking lot each morning and drove up front to the main building for busses. Sounds like a pain but it really is not. There really is no "view" worth worrying about at ASMU in my opinion. To my knowledge there is no fireworks show that can be viewed at ASMu. I have stayed there twice.

10_Kyle_10
09-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Does anyone know if all buildings at the ASMu have KING SIZE BEDROOMS? I have placed a request for a KING room in the jazz building and they didnt say anything so my guess is there are?

pugluver31902
09-08-2007, 10:29 PM
Not always, I have places requests before and not gotten them, like the king size bed. Its just a reqeust, not a garuntee.

LBelle
09-08-2007, 11:23 PM
We returned last week from ASMusic. It was WONDERFUL!!!!!!

We have stayed at POP twice and, as far as I'm concerned, ASMU beats POP hands down in EVERY way!!!

I'll post some pics soon. We stayed in Bldg. 2 of the Jazz Inn...ground floor. Nice and close to everything yet very quiet as well. We thought it was the perfect location.

On our last night there, I went on a picture taking expedition and visited Sports and Movies as well. Sports seemed awful!!! Hordes of teens running everywhere, chanting, whipping footballs around.....and this was well after midnight!!!!:eek: It was like walking into a different world compared to Music. At Movies, the lifeguards were getting everybody out of the pools at midnight. Not at Music. We were swimming after 1am on two occasions while we were there. As long as people are quiet they allow you to use the pools at anytime. This was great after a late night in the parks.

Anyways...if anybody has any questions about the resort feel free to ask. I would return there in a heartbeat!!! :thumbsup2

lisaluvsmickey2000
09-09-2007, 01:17 PM
We stayed at the Country Fair building and it was EXTREMELY quiet...except for the occasional vacuum flush toilet sound. This building is so far away from the main pool and the main building that it really is very quiet. The flip side is that you have a walk to deal with. We went theme park commando much like your friends sound. We simply walked to the parking lot each morning and drove up front to the main building for busses. Sounds like a pain but it really is not. There really is no "view" worth worrying about at ASMU in my opinion. To my knowledge there is no fireworks show that can be viewed at ASMu. I have stayed there twice.

Thanks Dawgfan! I'll request that area. We are going to have a rental car, so we will probably just drive to the parks. Especially the last few days we are there...Pop Warner Week :rolleyes:

cstooge462
09-11-2007, 08:08 PM
I will in Disney in just a few days. I am so excited. :banana: :banana: I just hope that the rest of the week flies right by.

disgram
09-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Those of you who are going to the All Star Music, could you do me a great favor? There are three CMs there that are really special to me. They went out of their way to help me several times and they treated me with such respect. I won't go into great detail but just say that all the CMs here were fantastic, but there are three that are really something!

1. Chris, from Elmira. He was in the lobby at check-in and was fantastic!

2. DJ helped me with an airline problem, promptly and made me feel very special.

3. John. While DJ was taking care of the problem, John sat with me and talked to me and made me feel so much better! He helped me see that getting "all my ducks in a row" was not that hard to do and the best thing to do was to relax and let a Higher Power handle things.

If you happen to see these 3, could you tell them that I got home ok, and that I love them dearly!

Barbara

Kimberly815
09-12-2007, 04:23 PM
I think I saw this earlier in the thread, but if someone could reconfirm for me please: The rooms at the ASMu have hair dryers, correct? So there is no need to bring mine from home, right?

Thanks!

tracylovesdisney
09-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Do the suites also have hairdryers? Thanks!:)

Tracy

MissLori
09-12-2007, 05:36 PM
This is on our possibility list for our trip in March. Anymore reviews?

hsmamato2
09-12-2007, 05:51 PM
which buildings to request- non preffered? I know it's not guaranteed,but opinions are good:goodvibes

babyyeti
09-12-2007, 06:56 PM
We returned last week from ASMusic. It was WONDERFUL!!!!!!

We have stayed at POP twice and, as far as I'm concerned, ASMU beats POP hands down in EVERY way!!!

I'll post some pics soon. We stayed in Bldg. 2 of the Jazz Inn...ground floor. Nice and close to everything yet very quiet as well. We thought it was the perfect location.

On our last night there, I went on a picture taking expedition and visited Sports and Movies as well. Sports seemed awful!!! Hordes of teens running everywhere, chanting, whipping footballs around.....and this was well after midnight!!!!:eek: It was like walking into a different world compared to Music. At Movies, the lifeguards were getting everybody out of the pools at midnight. Not at Music. We were swimming after 1am on two occasions while we were there. As long as people are quiet they allow you to use the pools at anytime. This was great after a late night in the parks.

Anyways...if anybody has any questions about the resort feel free to ask. I would return there in a heartbeat!!! :thumbsup2

Your report got me excited, im leaving for ASMU in 9 days!:banana:
I read that this resort was renovated recently and I can't wait to see your pics to see what the renovated rooms look like!!!
thanks!

FoundNemoLostDori
09-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Hello,

Yes, they definitely have blow dryers and also an iron and ironing board.
It's been 2 weeks and I'm still "grieving" over not being there. I miss Disney so much and the time just flew by! The All Star Music was very clean, and so much fun to stay at. I hope they are still having all the fun activities daily for all of those staying there any time soon. Have fun and remember to take things slowly and make the most of your time there. It always flies by so quickly. (sigh) Oh well..............All Star Music Resort May 2008 here I come!

DisneyMarathon
09-13-2007, 09:49 AM
Does anyone know if the current king-sized bedrooms still come with refrigerator?

Thanks.

asmit4
09-13-2007, 01:07 PM
All rooms have hairdryers at ASMu, and the family suites have TWO hairdryers :) Can't wait! Going in about 5 weeks!

As for king beds? I could have sworn that no rooms at the values have kings- no matter what room. All the beds at the values are FULL's unless you get a family suite which has a Queen for the main bed.

IMGONNABE40!
09-13-2007, 01:16 PM
All rooms have hairdryers at ASMu, and the family suites have TWO hairdryers :) Can't wait! Going in about 5 weeks!

As for king beds? I could have sworn that no rooms at the values have kings- no matter what room. All the beds at the values are FULL's unless you get a family suite which has a Queen for the main bed.

I had a king bed at Pop.

I just booked a family suite for August! I am looking forward to it. I got a AAA rate :cool1: . I requested Jazz building, since when I was considering standard I wanted Jazz, but I see Calypso is preferred. So, I am wondering if I want to see if I can get Calypso. It does not seem like there is an extra charge to stay in a suite in Calyso vs a suite in Jazz.

Oh, and I don't think anyone ever answered about the toaster. I would also like to know if toasters are permitted in the suites.

hjohnson6
09-13-2007, 01:26 PM
If you want a quiet building check out Rock Inn #3. It was nice and quiet for us. Every now and then we would hear a toilet flush but it wasn't that big of a deal.

The boys loved watching Cars from the swimming pool. I loved the complimentary floaties they have available at the pools. We were closer to the piano pool. I like that pool better because there were less kids. It made life much easier for my non-swimmers.

The room itself was comfortable. If you have small children, be sure to call for bedrails. They provide them for free!

I like how Music had a bus for just the resort at most of the parks. I think we shared a bus with sports when we left DTD.

jonna30
09-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Just got back from 10 days at ASMu. Great place to stay for the money and the small amount of time we spent in our room. I couldn't imagine paying for the Poly for as little time as we actually spent in Music. PLUS...it was everything that we wanted - family friendly, quiet, clean, food easily available, pools.

We did see an armadillo, frogs, mice, some bugs (giant roach looking things), snails, and several hundred lizards outside on property. The whole state is a swamp - I didn't expect anything less. However,,,,,I was very glad not to see any of those things in my room :rotfl2: .

Also, the doughnuts and larger milk have to be purchased from the gift shop, not the food court. We figured this out on our last day - after we bought 3 little milks each day for cereal.

Tip - my son had medicine that needed to be refrigerated. We had planned on just getting ice and keeping it in the ice bucket (with a bag of course). However, when we got there our room wasn't ready yet so we had to leave some things with the luggage service for the day. At check in I asked whether they would be able to keep the medicine somewhere for the day and the CM told me since we had medicine they would bring me a complimentary refridge. Please don't lie just to get a free fridge. Just wanted to let you know.

Definitely bring your own quarters for laundry $4 per load. I spent 45 minutes one morning (when still dark) trying to find change.

Overall, would definitely return.

zipuzee
09-18-2007, 02:06 PM
[QUOTE=jonna30;20870326]
We did see an armadillo, frogs, mice, some bugs (giant roach looking things), snails, and several hundred lizards outside on property. The whole state is a swamp - I didn't expect anything less. However,,,,,I was very glad not to see any of those things in my room :rotfl2: .
QUOTE]

I see that in my back yard every evening:lmao:
Nice of them to give you the fridg! Glad you had a great time! Looking forward to my trip in just 33 days!!

Disneyholic
09-18-2007, 02:12 PM
I just booked a family suite for August! I am looking forward to it. I got a AAA rate :cool1: .

I booked a family suite for October and was told that AAA couldn't be used on a family suite. What the.....:confused3

IluvKingLouis
09-18-2007, 02:20 PM
Definitely bring your own quarters for laundry $4 per load. I spent 45 minutes one morning (when still dark) trying to find change.

Yikes, is that for the wash and dryer? I so seldom use washer and dryers when we vacation, but I think I'll need to do a load on our next trip. I do like the fact that the location is so central and you can relax by the piano pool while doing your laundry.

35 more days till ASMu!:yay:

jonna30
09-18-2007, 03:03 PM
Yikes, is that for the wash and dryer? I so seldom use washer and dryers when we vacation, but I think I'll need to do a load on our next trip. I do like the fact that the location is so central and you can relax by the piano pool while doing your laundry.

35 more days till ASMu!:yay:

Yes, that is the total for both the washer & dryer ($2 each). They take 1/2 hour to wash and 1/2 hour to dry. Some of our heavier items didn't get dry all the way. If I had had more time, I would have done a second cycle - for another $2 :) .

zipuzee
09-18-2007, 03:21 PM
Yes, that is the total for both the washer & dryer ($2 each). They take 1/2 hour to wash and 1/2 hour to dry. Some of our heavier items didn't get dry all the way. If I had had more time, I would have done a second cycle - for another $2 :) .

Tip for doing laundry - if the dryers are available - divide the laundry into several dryers - saves time and gives you dry laundry. It's worth the extra few bucks!

disneymath
09-18-2007, 05:43 PM
We'll be at All Star Music in December! :santa: Can't wait!:banana:

Will be checking this thread often for any new info ... thanks to all who have been posting!

PrincessSuzanne
09-18-2007, 06:44 PM
I booked a family suite for October and was told that AAA couldn't be used on a family suite. What the.....:confused3

Not true, I have a reservation for December 2008 with a AAA rate. 20% off each night except the last 2 because they aren't in the Value season. Could be that there aren't any AAA rooms left.

Suzanne

bridgetgabbie
09-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Save.

Disneyholic
09-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Not true, I have a reservation for December 2008 with a AAA rate. 20% off each night except the last 2 because they aren't in the Value season. Could be that there aren't any AAA rooms left.

Suzanne

Just called again today and was told by this CM that there are never any discounts on suites.:confused3

PrincessSuzanne
09-18-2007, 08:12 PM
Just called again today and was told by this CM that there are never any discounts on suites.:confused3

I don't know what to say, because I have the discount on my package ($250) and I have talked to others on here that were also able to get a discount.

Suzanne

jonna30
09-18-2007, 09:48 PM

When I booked our bounceback for next Sept with free dining I could have gotten the family suites. However, decided to go with 2 rooms at pop as they were less expensive. Free dining has not previously been allowed with the suites. So, maybe their policy is changing somewhat.:confused3

helenk
09-18-2007, 10:31 PM
Going to the Allstar Music in less than 2 weeks and I am getting excited. My brother wanted to know what kind of alcohol they sell. I do not drink so I've never really paid attention. It seems I remember beer at the food court, do they sell wine or anything else at the store?

lovesdumbo
09-18-2007, 11:26 PM

I too just booked a family suite for August 08 with a AAA discount.

Jill Schwartz
09-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Just booked a room only AAA rate for a Family Suites at the end of August. Not sure, but I think for a AAA rate it has to be Value Season??? And I think the AAA rate rooms often sell out early.

Jill

PrincessSuzanne
09-19-2007, 04:38 PM
Just booked a room only AAA rate for a Family Suites at the end of August. Not sure, but I think for a AAA rate it has to be Value Season??? And I think the AAA rate rooms often sell out early.

Jill

The AAA rate is different for each season, unless they have changed it for 2008 and that booklet isn't out yet, my AAA office still had the one for 2007. I just called WDTC this morning and they were sold out of AAA rooms for my April/May trip, but I still booked it anyway, hoping for some other discount, maybe AP Holders.

Suzanne

honeyb4
09-19-2007, 08:14 PM
we just got back from a 6 night 7 day stay. we stayed in the calypso building facing the pool. the room was great- clean, decent sized, and not as noisy as i expected.

one tip- we ended up being on the afternoon housekeeping run which meant we missed it twice the first 3 days (kids were asleep after leaving for the park before 8) we were told that if you have young kids (and expect to be back for naps) to ask to be placed on the morning list.

we found the people to be helpful, the resort clean, the waits for the buses not bad (though my 3 yr old had to stand twice on the bus), the food decent (morning lines are tough if you are an early riser).

we also had a magical moment- my 1 yr old was playing peek a boo with a manager (who was behind me that I didnt notice as i was walking in from the pool to the main desks). they did this the entire corridor. as we got near the desks the manager dissappeared and reappeared with a plush mickey mouse for my daughter- she loved it!

if people have questions please ask- im new to posting here so not sure what others would like to know

nklooz
09-19-2007, 08:30 PM
we just got back from a 6 night 7 day stay. we stayed in the calypso building facing the pool. the room was great- clean, decent sized, and not as noisy as i expected.

one tip- we ended up being on the afternoon housekeeping run which meant we missed it twice the first 3 days (kids were asleep after leaving for the park before 8) we were told that if you have young kids (and expect to be back for naps) to ask to be placed on the morning list.

we found the people to be helpful, the resort clean, the waits for the buses not bad (though my 3 yr old had to stand twice on the bus), the food decent (morning lines are tough if you are an early riser).

we also had a magical moment- my 1 yr old was playing peek a boo with a manager (who was behind me that I didnt notice as i was walking in from the pool to the main desks). they did this the entire corridor. as we got near the desks the manager dissappeared and reappeared with a plush mickey mouse for my daughter- she loved it!

if people have questions please ask- im new to posting here so not sure what others would like to know

Hi! We are thinking of staying at Music next Sept and I have a few questions, if you don't mind. I would prefer to not spend money on the preferred location, which I believe is Calypso, right? But, will if we really need to.

However, am wondering, the Jazz buildings look pretty convenient to food court, mail pool, bus stop, etc. How long of walk would you say they were?

Is Calypso truly worth the extra money?

How long were you bus rides to all of the parks & DTD and what was your typical wait at a bus stop going either way?

Any other things I should know if trying to make the decision on 1.) whether to try a value after doing POR (moderate) and 2.) if Music is the right choice.

I have heard it is 1 of the more peaceful values, which, was why I was choosing it, plus, the renovations. Do people agree?

Also, how are the pools? Are they super crowded? Can you find chairs if you hit the pool around 1 or 2?

THANK YOU!!!!

nklooz
09-19-2007, 08:58 PM
Ok, after reading all of this thread, even more excited about ASMusic.

Does anyone have an update on if the pilot pool entertainment/night time movie program is becoming permanent?

I HOPE SO!!! That sounds great!

lovesdumbo
09-19-2007, 09:15 PM
the food decent (morning lines are tough if you are an early riser).
What time was the food court crazy?

Loved the story about your DD's magical moment!

Hi! We are thinking of staying at Music next Sept and I have a few questions, if you don't mind. I would prefer to not spend money on the preferred location, which I believe is Calypso, right? But, will if we really need to.

However, am wondering, the Jazz buildings look pretty convenient to food court, mail pool, bus stop, etc. How long of walk would you say they were?

How long were you bus rides to all of the parks & DTD and what was your typical wait at a bus stop going either way?

Any other things I should know if trying to make the decision on 1.) whether to try a value after doing POR (moderate) and 2.) if Music is the right choice.

I have heard it is 1 of the more peaceful values, which, was why I was choosing it, plus, the renovations. Do people agree?

Also, how are the pools? Are they super crowded? Can you find chairs if you hit the pool around 1 or 2?

THANK YOU!!!!
First I need to tell that I've never stayed at ASMu but.....you do understand that if you requested Jazz there is no guarantee that you'll get it. I didn't get what I was hoping for at ASMo a few years ago and most recently at POR I asked for any of 3 buildings and got about as far from food court as possible. I wish POR had preferred rooms-location not just view.

Good luck with your decision.

honeyb4
09-19-2007, 09:20 PM
jazz was maybe another 2 or 3 min walk (if you got one of the closer rooms.) we paid for the preferred and would again- just to be sure we didnt end up the last set of rooms in the place (which would be our luck).

we didnt use the pools during the afternoon but when we came back to our room midafternoon it wasnt overly crowded- nor was it at night (we went twice between 8 and 9 pm)

the ride to mk was about 20 min and epcot/mgm were about 15. We never waited more than 15 min anywhere- and most of the times less than 5 min. my only complaint about the buses were some of the other people. I know that others may disagree- but I believe if you have an able teenager- they should give their seats up to just about anyone (elderly, young, pregnant) if someone has to stand. Most people did squeeze and hold their kids so that others would be able to sit- and overall the buses were positive.

we arent people to spend alot of time in our rooms except for sleeping- and this was more than sufficient. I honestly dont think i would spend the money on a higher level resort- because we wouldnt make use out of it.

honeyb4
09-19-2007, 09:21 PM
the food court was pretty jammed from 7-9:30 most days (we were never there after that). the wait for food could be up 10 min and another 5 or 10 for check out.

Mickey_Lynne
09-19-2007, 09:37 PM
I am staying at the ASMu in a family suite with my family in 8 days. This is our first trip to WDW and the ASMu family suites seemed the most perfect fit for our needs. My mom is coming with us and she will be in a ECV and I have 3 daughters ages 16, 14 and 10. I love everything I have seen and heard about the ASMu suites. :yay:

Jchance
09-19-2007, 10:29 PM
We stayed at asmu this past summer and we were given the country resort in the back, It was not that bad if you don't mind the walk, but next time I will pay the extra for the preferred room. It is well worth it in my opinion.

juligrl
09-19-2007, 10:38 PM

It depends - if you're spending the majority of time at the resort and going back and forth from your room to the food court then you might want to spring for the preferred building. If you're more like my family though and basically spend the majority of your days walking around the parks then what's another short jaunt to your hotel at night (and we were back in the country section so it was a jaunt).

I prefer to save that little bit of $ and use it towards souveniers - plus with having been there on free dining, I figured the exercise couldn't hurt.

The far end of the Jazz building was probably about mid way to our room. If it's considered "preferred" (I don't know if it is) it shouldn't be. I thought it was convenient to... the fountain.

Again, it depends on your preferance and Disney vacation style.

We were just there last week for free dining and the buses came along pretty regularly every 5-10 minutes or so. Not saying that we were always able to get on - at peak times there were longish lines for the buses and I won't stand with two small children - figure on 15-20 minutes give or take depending on factors like bus lines and parties requiring special assistance. Our longest wait was an absurd 45 minutes! Thank goodness that was the exception and not the norm.

As far as travel time I think most destinations were 15-20 minutes away - straight to the parks.

Expect long bus lines coming home if you stay anywhere 'til close (and that's with buses coming frequently).

I loved POFQ for its theming and its compact size and would go back there again in a heartbeat (I really miss that there are no hot tubs at the values), but if staying at a value means I can extend my trip I'll do that.

That said, theming is lost on children, how much time do I actually spend at the hotel anyhow, and my 4 year old doesn't do waterslides. I'm content staying at the values right now and getting the longer vacations.

ASMu was fun - lots of activities going on around the resort - nice staff - clean - no complaints. We took a trip next door to check out ASMo too and our 4 year old loved the theming.

Where we were (second floor back side of country fair) was very quiet. We were out of the hustle and bustle of all the activities going on up by the guitar shaped pool and calypso buildings and food court.

We never had a problem finding chairs by the pool. The guitar pool at night (when they were showing movies there) got a little "crowded", but the piano pool was never "crowded".

Lintasare
09-20-2007, 12:44 AM
My sister and I are going to be at ASMu on the 22nd of this month through the 29th. This is our third time staying there and we absolutely love it. Yes I admit around the pool and in the food court in the morning it can be a bit crazy but that is all part of the magic. The past two trips we stayed in Calypso (before they turned it into suites) and in Broadway. I gotta say I don't remember there being alot of noise when we stayed in Calypso. I loved Broadway even though it was a bit of a walk from the main building. But hey with the dining plan we needed our exercise to burn off all those delicious calories. I can't help but wonder what building we will be in this time. Honestly I would love to be in Broadway again.

The staff at ASMu is awesome. Even the guy manning the check in desk at 3 in the morning when we were waiting for our ME bus to take us back to the airport.

Only 3 days till check in...I can hardly wait. :woohoo:

aubriee
09-20-2007, 04:30 AM

I had a king bed at AS Sports this past May.

two*little*birds
09-20-2007, 09:58 AM
Someone told me the new family suites have the option of a king bed as well. Is this true?

Thanks

MickeyRN
09-20-2007, 11:58 AM
We are leaving in 2 hours and will be at ASMU from 9/20-9/27 :woohoo: After reading this thread I'm really looking forward to it.

PrincessSuzanne
09-20-2007, 05:10 PM
Someone told me the new family suites have the option of a king bed as well. Is this true?

Thanks

Not to my knowledge, they have a queen bed in the bedroom, but it would be nice to know. I won't get to find out until April unless someone else can tell us.

Suzanne

Jiminy'sGirl
09-20-2007, 07:03 PM
I have stayed at ASMu many, many times...However, I am always with the pom squad I coach... So it will be nice to be there in November with my family, for a change. We usually do deluxe, but we are taking MIL and needed two rooms. So we dongraded, but I think the kids will be thrilled. The AS theming is really kid friends, and SOOOOO Disney!!

Glad to hear everyone is enjoying their stays there!!

coastermom
09-20-2007, 07:08 PM
When we went this summer it was a queen . i have never heard of a king but if it is there let us know . Not that the queen is bad but when you sleep on a king at home it is nice to have a king on vacation too. :cool1:

Marilou
09-26-2007, 06:53 AM
We stayed here 10 nights this past summer. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience. We WILL be splurging on building choice this time. I'm just hoping Calypso rooms aren't too noisy (pool activities) late at night. We typically don't get "home" till well after 10pm, but I do like to try to get my kiddos to bed asap when we get back since I have their butts up @ 6am each day.

My only complaint (per say) is that I wish the food court opened a teeny bit earlier....at least for coffee. I tend to get up @ 5am and it feels like agaony to have to wait till 6am for my morning coffee.

A nice story: Won't bore you with all the details, but we had some major confusion day before we left due to ME and conflicting messages left at our room. Mom & I got to front desk and she has all her paperwork and you can see the stress in her eyes and her hands are practically shaking......
The CM listens to her beginning statement, says "wait right here" turns around and then comes back with 2 red roses....hands one to mom & one to me, tells us to relax and tell him the whole story so he can fix it for us. Mom was immediately put at ease. Being our 1st time on property we weren't sure if we had misinterpreted some of the ME stuff, turns out we were fine and the message left at room was incorrect (honest mistake) but the way the CM handled us (lol mostly my totally stressed out mom) was so amazing & considerate.

We are already in the planning/booking stage for next summer and will be returning to ASMu!

insoin
09-26-2007, 09:02 AM
[QUOTE=DISNEYJAZZ;20579274][COLOR="Red"]i have an odd question...can you bring a toaster to the family suites? :confused3 QUOTE]

When I stayed at Pop a couple of weeks ago they said you could bring one. I dont see why you couldn't here as well. I have even seen some toaster swaps out there....

insoin
09-26-2007, 09:05 AM
I have some pics from our april stay at asmu if someone can tell me how to upload them on here I'll put them on all the time Ive been around here I never posted pics!

Not sure if this was ever answered for you. You have to register at on online photo sharing site, like photobucket. You upload the photos there, and they will tell you what the URL is to the picture. Then when you try to add it on here, it will ask you for that link. Hope that helps.

insoin
09-26-2007, 09:07 AM
I just got back from a stay at Pop, and it was nice. But when my BF and I go down next Sept for the bounceback free dining, we picked ASMu. I had some issues with buses at Pop, and it seemed ASMu was always running better. But I know it's just my bad luck and next time Pop will have better bus service.

I am really excited to be trying ASMu and hope to see more posts about it in the future.

insoin
09-26-2007, 09:10 AM
I am sure you all have heard about the Bounce Back free dinning offer for 2008 if possible can some confirm that you got the offer while stay at ASMU if you get there before we do.

I just got back from a stay at Pop, and I booked the bounceback for ASMu with no problems. If you dont have a flyer in your room, call the number on the TV channel, sorry cant remember which it was, but I think it was the resort channel, and ask for it. From what I have heard its hit or miss who gets a flyer or even if a CM knows about it.

Family Fun Mom
09-26-2007, 02:22 PM
A nice story: Won't bore you with all the details, but we had some major confusion day before we left due to ME and conflicting messages left at our room. Mom & I got to front desk and she has all her paperwork and you can see the stress in her eyes and her hands are practically shaking......
The CM listens to her beginning statement, says "wait right here" turns around and then comes back with 2 red roses....hands one to mom & one to me, tells us to relax and tell him the whole story so he can fix it for us. Mom was immediately put at ease. Being our 1st time on property we weren't sure if we had misinterpreted some of the ME stuff, turns out we were fine and the message left at room was incorrect (honest mistake) but the way the CM handled us (lol mostly my totally stressed out mom) was so amazing & considerate.

We are already in the planning/booking stage for next summer and will be returning to ASMu!

:love: Now that is why I love Disney!!!!! How sweet and wonderful. The CMs at ASMu sound like good people to me! :love:

lasmickey
09-26-2007, 08:39 PM
Loving this thread! We've only stayed at WL and CBR before, so the Value resorts are all new to us. We'll be at ASMu June 21-28, 2008. I'm learning alot of helpful info here. Thanks to everyone!

phred
09-26-2007, 10:12 PM
We have booked the special deal for the week after Thanksgiving. Our friends will be staying 11/26-12/2 and we will be there 11/26-12/5! :banana: This is our first trip to ASMu, so I'm glad to see this thread and all the positive reviews :thumbsup2 Last year we stayed at POP and really enjoyed ourselves. We own at Westgate, but sell our weeks to afford to stay on property :rotfl: I'll be sure to post plenty of pics and reviews.

Any suggestions from the ASMu experts on what rooms to ask for? We are 2 couples w/o kids, wanting quiet. The POP room we had last year was in 50's facing the lake and we could see the fireworks each night from MK and EPCOT. Any rooms like this at ASMu?????

ok, what is the special deal?? we're there 11/25 - 12/1 with a AAA booking, but want to know what's the "special deal"???

thx!!

dismarkle
09-27-2007, 12:28 AM
We are going to ASMu Oct 23rd to Oct 30th. We had switched from ASMo to get the discounts. This thread makes me think we should have been in ASMu to start with. Thanks for all who have submitted the great info. :goodvibes

Pixiedust34
09-27-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm driving myself nuts trying to decide between ASMu and Pop for our next trip. We stayed at Pop and liked it, but I'm all for trying someplace new, too. Anyway, one plus to me about staying at any of the All Stars is that maybe we can explore the sister All Star resorts and enjoy the pools there since pool hopping is permitted among the All Stars.

1. If you're staying in the Rock Inn section, how far is it to walk to use the pools at AS Sports or to get the bus at AS Sports? Also, if you're staying in the Broadway section, how far is it to go to AS Movies to use one of the pools there? TIA!

2. Is it a far walk to the AS Music food court and bus stops from Broadway or Rock Inn?

Thank you for your help!

PrincessSuzanne
09-27-2007, 05:58 PM
ok, what is the special deal?? we're there 11/25 - 12/1 with a AAA booking, but want to know what's the "special deal"???

thx!!

I am guessing, but it was probably the fall code that was out, but is no longer available as of yesterday, I believe. You probably got a better deal with your AAA discount, I did. Usually the Disney code is better, but seems like the fall code isn't as good. I had the same experience last year. The pin got me a great deal for my trip in August, but AAA got a better deal for the trip in December. I have talked to several Dissers that had the same thing happen.

Suzanne

phred
09-28-2007, 10:36 PM
I am guessing, but it was probably the fall code that was out, but is no longer available as of yesterday, I believe. You probably got a better deal with your AAA discount, I did. Usually the Disney code is better, but seems like the fall code isn't as good. I had the same experience last year. The pin got me a great deal for my trip in August, but AAA got a better deal for the trip in December. I have talked to several Dissers that had the same thing happen.

Suzanne

thank you!!:earsboy:

mccreel
10-05-2007, 05:43 AM
I was wondering if all sections have been refurbished. I was thinking I would love to stay in the broadway area but I didn't know if it had been refurbished like the rest of the all star music resort area has because I had not found anywhere that said specifically. When I called and asked the cm at Disney she said their had not been a refurbishment at all so that shows how much some of them know. Sometimes you have to call 4 or 5 times to get the right answer.
But anyway, thanks for your help
Melissa
All Star Music
December 14 - 23 2007

insoin
10-05-2007, 06:13 AM

Suzanne

Where does everyone get these discount codes? I never seem to find any of them... :confused:

Marilou
10-05-2007, 06:19 AM
I was wondering if all sections have been refurbished. I was thinking I would love to stay in the broadway area but I didn't know if it had been refurbished like the rest of the all star music resort area has because I had not found anywhere that said specifically. When I called and asked the cm at Disney she said their had not been a refurbishment at all so that shows how much some of them know. Sometimes you have to call 4 or 5 times to get the right answer.
Melissa
All Star Music
December 14 - 23 2007

When did refurbishings start? We were there this past June, should we be expecting something diff/better next summer?

minnie61650
10-05-2007, 07:05 AM
Melissa
All Star Music
December 14 - 23 2007

Yes, all of the rooms and sections of All Star Music have been completly refurbished. The rooms were newly painted, new carpet installed, new furniture, new curtains, new bedding, a new bowed shower curtain was added to the tub area and a privacy cutain was put in that seperates the vainity area from the sleeping area.(Like Disney's mod resorts have).

These renovations started in early 2006 when the Family Suites were being added to All Star Music and the renovations were completed this last June 2007.

Here a photo of the old style room at ASMu allearsnet:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/minnie61650/asm_calp4.jpg

This is a photo of a newly refurbished room at ASMu from allearsnet:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/minnie61650/asm_jaz11beds.jpg

Here is a website with more photos of the newly refurbished rooms at All Star Music.

Look at the Jazz Inn section with new posted:

http://allearsnet.com/acc/g_asmu.htm

CarolinaBlue
10-05-2007, 07:34 AM
Ooooohhh! I just love the new decor! We stayed there back in 1995 when my kids were just 4yrs. and 14 mths. Now they're 17 and 13 and we're going back in December. I can't wait!:cool1:

Iluvthemouse
10-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Here are a couple more from a few weeks ago.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/2Pompom/IMG_1377.jpg
and
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/2Pompom/IMG_1215.jpg

Iluvthemouse
10-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Here are some towel animals we got.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/2Pompom/IMG_1376.jpg
and
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/2Pompom/IMG_1223.jpg
and
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/2Pompom/IMG_1214.jpg

CharlieTuna
10-05-2007, 03:05 PM
See my earlier Post. With the new things they have added, Music is the best Disney hotel. Actually, from what I hear - they have the highest ratings at all of WDW right now.

Not bad for the price.

bababear_50
10-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Great Thread --thinking of staying here next March so I thought I'd give this thread a bump

Hugs Mel

PrincessSuzanne
10-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Where does everyone get these discount codes? I never seem to find any of them... :confused:

AAA is not a code, you just have to give your AAA # when making a reservation, if they have a AAA room available. The codes are given out by Disney and are usually on their website and they are alos then posted at the top of the message board page her on the DIS, and on Mousesaver.com. Some people get a postcard or e-mail with a code and others call in and there is a code attached to their name or address. HTH!!

Suzanne

pugluver31902
10-06-2007, 01:20 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I stayed in the Broadway section and my room did not have a privacy curtain. So... I guess they all dont!

minnie61650
10-06-2007, 04:08 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I stayed in the Broadway section and my room did not have a privacy curtain. So... I guess they all dont!

Did you notice an overhead tract were the curtain should go?
Is it possible yours was torn off by a previous guest and not repaired before your stay?

You are the first guest I have read about that has said that they did not have a privacy curtain so that is why I was wondering.

I am sorry yours was missing.

I hope you had a good stay otherwise.

Iluvthemouse
10-06-2007, 07:38 AM
Is it possible yours was torn off by a previous guest and not repaired before your stay?

You are the first guest I have read about that has said that they did not have a privacy curtain so that is why I was wondering.

I was also in Broadway and there was no privacy curtain either. You can see in my picture above there is no track.:confused3

Pixiedust34
10-06-2007, 08:29 AM
It's funny that they would put the privacy curtain in some rooms but not in others. :confused3

I'm enjoying your pictures! Keep posting them, please! I'd also love to see more pictures of icons, pools, and food court. My kids and I looked at some pictures when we made a room request for our reservation. Dd calls the Rock section "the Hannah Montana" buildings and the Country Fair section "the Billy Ray Cyrus buildings." :goodvibes :lmao:

SGMCO
10-06-2007, 09:12 AM
We have never stay at a Value but of all the Values
I would be willing to stay at ASMu because I like the
theming of this one the best.
I think the guitar pool is cool!

MEK
10-06-2007, 10:28 AM
I'm driving myself nuts trying to decide between ASMu and Pop for our next trip. We stayed at Pop and liked it, but I'm all for trying someplace new, too. Anyway, one plus to me about staying at any of the All Stars is that maybe we can explore the sister All Star resorts and enjoy the pools there since pool hopping is permitted among the All Stars.

1. If you're staying in the Rock Inn section, how far is it to walk to use the pools at AS Sports or to get the bus at AS Sports? Also, if you're staying in the Broadway section, how far is it to go to AS Movies to use one of the pools there? TIA!

2. Is it a far walk to the AS Music food court and bus stops from Broadway or Rock Inn?

Thank you for your help!

Don't know if anyone answered this question, but it is an easy walk to the other all star resorts from music. I walked to each on separate mornings and took pictures. I thought I might want to try the different pools, but I actually thought the piano pool as ASMU was the best of ALL the all star pools I saw. It was never crowded, nicely landscaped, and very quiet. I saw no reason to leave and try another pool. It is sooo close to Broadway and Rock. Both BW and Rock are short walks to the main pool and food court.

I stayed at POP before ASMU and ASMU was a better stay. The pools were less crowded and the buses were FAR less crowded. I liked it better than POP. I thought all the all stars were really cute and I enjoyed my morning walks/runs through all of the resorts.

pugluver31902
10-06-2007, 11:16 AM

I looked, but I didnt see any evidence of one ever being there, and I was looking because I had heard about it on these boards! Lol

Pixiedust34
10-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Don't know if anyone answered this question, but it is an easy walk to the other all star resorts from music. I walked to each on separate mornings and took pictures. I thought I might want to try the different pools, but I actually thought the piano pool as ASMU was the best of ALL the all star pools I saw. It was never crowded, nicely landscaped, and very quiet. I saw no reason to leave and try another pool. It is sooo close to Broadway and Rock. Both BW and Rock are short walks to the main pool and food court.

I stayed at POP before ASMU and ASMU was a better stay. The pools were less crowded and the buses were FAR less crowded. I liked it better than POP. I thought all the all stars were really cute and I enjoyed my morning walks/runs through all of the resorts.

Thanks! We ended up requesting Jazz, Rock, or Broadway. My kids are big on swimming and I think they'll like to try a couple different pools if we have time to do so. When we stayed at Pop Century, we used all 3 pools for fun. It was a long haul from our 50s room to the computer pool, though.

About the pools........I think that the main AS Movies (Fantasia) pool was down for rehab in 06, and the AS Sports pool (Surf's Up) was down for rehab in 07. I hope that the Music pool(s) are not due for a rehab--or were they rehabbed already not too long ago?

minnie61650
10-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Thanks! We ended up requesting Jazz, Rock, or Broadway. My kids are big on swimming and I think they'll like to try a couple different pools if we have time to do so. When we stayed at Pop Century, we used all 3 pools for fun. It was a long haul from our 50s room to the computer pool, though.

About the pools........I think that the main AS Movies (Fantasia) pool was down for rehab in 06, and the AS Sports pool (Surf's Up) was down for rehab in 07. I hope that the Music pool(s) are not due for a rehab--or were they rehabbed already not too long ago?

The main pool at All Star Music was rehabbed early this past spring (2007).

minnie61650
10-06-2007, 12:00 PM
I looked, but I didnt see any evidence of one ever being there, and I was looking because I had heard about it on these boards! Lol

I am thinking maybe they did not put them at Broadway for some reason.
I hope they put them in the near future.

I agree with a pp that it does not sence to have them in some buildings and not in others.

Anyone stay in a refurbished room at ASMu this year in a building other than Broadway and not have a privacy curtain?

Iluvthemouse
10-06-2007, 02:23 PM
I agree with the poster about the pools. It is a short distance to walk to the others from the Broadway section. We were there 3 weeks ago (:sad1: ) and here is the piano pool at around 2:30pm.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/2Pompom/IMG_1311.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/2Pompom/IMG_1309.jpgand
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/2Pompom/IMG_1308.jpg

Iluvthemouse
10-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Standing at the piano pool looking left and right.
The Broadway section
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/2Pompom/IMG_1310.jpg
and the Rock Section
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/2Pompom/IMG_1312.jpg

Goofy22
10-06-2007, 02:31 PM

I agree with a pp that it does not sence to have them in some buildings and not in others.

Anyone stay in a refurbished room at ASMu this year in a building other than Broadway and not have a privacy curtain?

Nope we were in Jazz and we had the privacy curtain.:goodvibes

jeanylaser
10-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Our family are staying in the all-star Music next month!

andrews1
10-06-2007, 07:04 PM
We were just there, and we got a regular room with a king size bed. We requested it when I made reservations, and they were able to get it for us. It was great!

Pixiedust34
10-06-2007, 08:00 PM
The main pool at All Star Music was rehabbed early this past spring (2007).

Thank you, Linda! You are a wealth of information regarding All Star Music! I really appreciate all of your knowledge and advice.

Pixiedust34
10-07-2007, 07:30 AM
Great pictures, I luvthemouse!

Iluvthemouse
10-07-2007, 08:06 AM
Great pictures, I luvthemouse!

Thank you. I barely took any pix this year. I dont know what happened. I was just too lazy to take any. I didnt get one of the quitar pool.:sad1:

MegaWoman
10-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Thanks so much for the photos! I can hardly wait until our Christmas Trip. The photos reinforce that I've chosen the best value for us. Don't get me wrong - I would love to stay at a deluxe one day - but ASMu really looks great! I love that there are so many trees around.

Now if only it were a shorter drive there . . .

Stephanie

juligrl
10-07-2007, 12:26 PM

Privacy curtain? Do you mean like between the sink area and the rest of the room? If so then no, there wasn't any or any evidence thereof in our room in the Country Fair building in September.

jeanylaser
10-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Do you know the correct address to the All-Star Music? Travelocity said to me that is not a correct address to the All-Star Music! Please! Help Me! Please tell me the correct address to the All-Star Music!

safetymom
10-07-2007, 02:43 PM
If you have a confirmation paper from your reservation the address should be on the back.

jeanylaser
10-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Thank You Safetymom i found it!

Pixiedust34
10-08-2007, 05:29 AM
Here's a link for a list of Dis'ers who are staying at AS Music is 08.

Join the 2008 ASMu List here: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1603862

Please join the list if you'll be visiting in 08! :thanks:

DaDisneyMomma
10-08-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm fairly new here but, I have a question...I'll be at the ASM December 1-7...I have a 3 year old and a 23 year old whom both LOVE the pool...Does anyone know if at this time of year they would be able to use the pools, or will it be too cool to go? Does anyone know what kind of weather it is that time of year in Florida? Thanks in advance!!

Marilou
10-08-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm fairly new here but, I have a question...I'll be at the ASM December 1-7...I have a 3 year old and a 23 year old whom both LOVE the pool...Does anyone know if at this time of year they would be able to use the pools, or will it be too cool to go? Does anyone know what kind of weather it is that time of year in Florida? Thanks in advance!!

I can never remember how to post links but it looked like avg high was @ 73 in December. If you have a weather option online you can change the town to Orlando & get avg temps for the whole yr. Try weatherchannel.com

Marilou
10-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Here I copied this directly from weatherchannel.com for u! Sorry it didnt paste well but u get the general idea

Daily Averages for Orlando, FL December

Day Sunrise Sunset Avg. High Avg. Low Mean Record High Record Low
1 7:01 AM 5:29 PM 76F 55F 65F 86F (1982) 32F (1957)
2 7:01 AM 5:29 PM 75F 55F 65F 87F (1982) 37F (1974)
3 7:02 AM 5:29 PM 75F 55F 65F 87F (1978) 38F (1974)
4 7:03 AM 5:29 PM 75F 55F 65F 88F (1978) 35F (1989)
5 7:04 AM 5:29 PM 75F 54F 65F 84F (1998) 34F (1974)
6 7:04 AM 5:29 PM 75F 54F 64F 86F (1982) 38F (1981)
7 7:05 AM 5:29 PM 74F 54F 64F 90F (1978) 34F (1962)
8 7:06 AM 5:29 PM 74F 54F 64F 88F (1978) 33F (1959)
9 7:06 AM 5:29 PM 74F 54F 64F 87F (1978) 33F (1984)
10 7:07 AM 5:30 PM 74F 53F 64F 86F (1986) 35F (1955)
11 7:08 AM 5:30 PM 74F 53F 64F 84F (1986) 32F (1962)
12 7:09 AM 5:30 PM 74F 53F 63F 86F (1972) 24F (1957)
13 7:09 AM 5:30 PM 73F 53F 63F 87F (1948) 20F (1962)
14 7:10 AM 5:31 PM 73F 53F 63F 86F (1972) 28F (1962)
15 7:10 AM 5:31 PM 73F 53F 63F 86F (1971) 33F (1968)
16 7:11 AM 5:31 PM 73F 52F 63F 86F (1971) 29F (1968)
17 7:12 AM 5:32 PM 73F 52F 63F 85F (1971) 31F (1968)
18 7:12 AM 5:32 PM 73F 52F 63F 90F (1961) 32F (1973)
19 7:13 AM 5:33 PM 73F 52F 62F 84F (1990) 30F (1981)
20 7:13 AM 5:33 PM 73F 52F 62F 84F (1990) 28F (2000)
21 7:14 AM 5:34 PM 73F 52F 62F 85F (1951) 30F (1954)
22 7:14 AM 5:34 PM 72F 52F 62F 84F (1998) 31F (1973)
23 7:15 AM 5:35 PM 72F 51F 62F 84F (1970) 24F (1989)
24 7:15 AM 5:35 PM 72F 51F 62F 84F (1970) 22F (1989)
25 7:16 AM 5:36 PM 72F 51F 62F 83F (1981) 21F (1983)
26 7:16 AM 5:36 PM 72F 51F 62F 81F (1987) 20F (1983)
27 7:17 AM 5:37 PM 72F 51F 62F 82F (1990) 29F (1985)
28 7:17 AM 5:38 PM 72F 51F 62F 84F (1971) 31F (1977)
29 7:17 AM 5:38 PM 72F 51F 61F 84F (1984) 34F (1961)
30 7:18 AM 5:39 PM 72F 51F 61F 85F (1990) 29F (1961)
31 7:18 AM 5:39 PM 72F 51F 61F 84F (1990) 29F (2000)

PrincessSuzanne
10-08-2007, 08:10 PM
I can tell you that December 3-10, 2006 was below average. The high each day might have reached 50 and the lows were in the upper 20's, so be prepared.

I don't trust Weather Channel too much, they said it would rain the whole week and while it was cloudy, it never rained. Try NOAA.gov for a more accurate picture.

Suzanne

lovesdumbo
10-08-2007, 09:15 PM
I've been that week 3 times. Twice it was very warm and never needed more than T's even at night but the other time it was cool during the days and 30's at night. You have to be prepared for anything.

Pixiedust34
10-09-2007, 06:44 AM
Does anyone know if channel 96 (the one with classic Disney cartoons) works at All Star Music?

jeanylaser
10-13-2007, 06:15 PM
When i check-in at the all-star music they have a television in the lobby so the family can check in!

asmit4
10-13-2007, 07:10 PM
I was told the pools are heated to 82 degrees. Having grown up with an inground pool- we used to swim in October when it was really cold outside. (Cleveland, OH) The pool would have massive amounts of steam coming off of it. I'm talking 45 out :)

Granted, you might not want your 3yo dealing with these temps but IMO- 82 is plenty warm to hop in for awhile and then hop out, run to your room and warm up. The cold temps were always part of the fun growing up.

Goofy22
10-14-2007, 08:54 AM
When i check-in at the all-star music they have a television in the lobby so the family can check in!

I think they do right in the middle of the lobby and there are benches to ! I believe there was a tv anyway! I know POP century definitely had one because it was a lil room off to the side where asmu's was right in the lobby! I thinking thats what it was i didnt pay much attention to the lobby sorry.

jeanylaser
10-14-2007, 06:08 PM
thank you for the info!

honeyb4
10-15-2007, 07:51 AM
yes they have a small tv with benches- its on the wall opposite the check in but next to the customer service people

Pixiedust34
10-16-2007, 01:42 PM
I love the classic cartoons. I wish that they'd air them on The Disney Channel.

My dd has a good question about All Star Music. What type of music do they play in the lobby, food court, and pool areas? :rockband: Do they play a little bit of each type of music to go with the themes (Calypso, Jazz, Broadway, etc.) of the buildings?

Hidden_Mickey
10-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Do you know the correct address to the All-Star Music? Travelocity said to me that is not a correct address to the All-Star Music! Please! Help Me! Please tell me the correct address to the All-Star Music!

All Star Music Resort
1801 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000

sbakersub
10-17-2007, 02:13 AM
I just wanted to post a few notes about our stay at ASMu -- we were there 10/11 to 10/16, and were very happy with ASMu overall.

We checked in at 7:15 on the morning of the 11th, and not only did we get our room keys and park tickets at that time, our room was already ready! We were on the 2nd floor of the Broadway building #8, facing a small grove of trees and very convenient to the piano pool and laundry facilities. A little bit of a hike from Melody Hall and the food court, but not unpleasant. Parking was also convenient.

The room had obviously been refurbished, and was clean, cute and neat. There was no privacy curtain between the dressing area and the beds, as noted by a PP above. However, there were three mirrors in the room, perfect for our group!

We had no problems with noise, other than the occasional loud talker passing by our front door. But no plumbing or adjoining room noise during our stay.

The rooms seemed bigger than I remembered -- even with a small refrigerator in the room we did fine for space.

We had individual Mickey soaps and a shampoo/conditioner combination. And yes, there is a hair dryer in the room.

Housekeeping was very responsive to requests for extra towels, even late at night. We got two towel "animals" during our stay -- a Mickey Head on the bed at check-in, and later a towel pumpkin with toilet paper innards.

Housekeeping does NOT tuck in the bed sheets, so it's easy to lose all your sheets and blankets to the floor by morning.

The safe is not large enough for a 17" laptop, but we stored my son's laptop in a drawer when we were out of the room and had no problems with that.

The food in the food court was awful. A C-, maybe. After our first visit, we stuck with the pre-packaged foods, ice cream, and beverage refills in our souvenir mugs. There is a McDonald's very close by the AS resorts if you have to have fast food.

We used Disney transportation some days and drove our rental car other days, but when we used Disney transportation it was very prompt and rarely crowded.

For the price, and with access to Disney transportation and EMHs for those who stay on-site, ASMu is a great bargain! I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

CarolinaBlue
10-18-2007, 01:53 PM
We're staying at ASMu for Christmas this year. The last time we stayed there was in 1995:eek:. We stayed in building #3 Rock Inn and I was planning to request that building for this stay. My two girls are teens (13 and 17) now and asked to stay in that section. I never see anything about that section on here, only about Jazz and Broadway. Have all the rooms at ASMu been renovated? Is Rock Inn not a good place to stay now? I know that I don't want to stay in the Country Inn section. Just need some input so I will know what to request.

insoin
10-18-2007, 02:29 PM
We're staying at ASMu for Christmas this year. The last time we stayed there was in 1995:eek:. We stayed in building #3 Rock Inn and I was planning to request that building for this stay. My two girls are teens (13 and 17) now and asked to stay in that section. I never see anything about that section on here, only about Jazz and Broadway. Have all the rooms at ASMu been renovated? Is Rock Inn not a good place to stay now? I know that I don't want to stay in the Country Inn section. Just need some input so I will know what to request.

From what I understand every room has been renovated. I can't help you with the sections, as I have not stayed there yet. If you want to sign up for the list of people going in 08, feel free to check out the link in my siggy.

CarolinaBlue
10-18-2007, 04:22 PM
From what I understand every room has been renovated. I can't help you with the sections, as I have not stayed there yet. If you want to sign up for the list of people going in 08, feel free to check out the link in my siggy.

Thanks for the help. We're going this Christmas (12/20-12/26/07), not in 2008.

jeanylaser
10-18-2007, 06:03 PM
All Star Music Resort
1801 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
Thanks for the info Hidden_Mickey! I can't wait to stay in the All-Star Music Resort!

karylrocks
10-18-2007, 06:29 PM
I know that I don't want to stay in the Country Inn section.Amen to that! I don't even want to face that section. I know there are a lot of country fans out there, I just happen to be the opposite of one.:hippie:

lisaluvsmickey2000
10-18-2007, 07:11 PM
I know this is a weird question...at least that's what the reservation lady said :lmao:

Do the connecting rooms have windows that are side-by-side? I'm going for Christmas and bought a window cling that is 10 feet long...I need to have our friend's window next to ours (not across the doorways) so that Santa in his sleigh can fly behind his reindeer :santa:

jeanylaser
10-19-2007, 02:01 PM
I love the all-star music!

IluvKingLouis
10-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Here's another strange question. Does anyone know if the food court at ASMu has a microwave available in the dining area? It seems to me I saw one at another WDW resort near the soda machines.

I was thinking it would be nice to make popcorn to enjoy by the pool.

ktink
10-21-2007, 05:59 PM
We are booked at Music for 8/31-9/6/08! I didn't book a preferred location but I didn't request a section because that really doesn't matter to us. We've stayed at Pop so could someone tell me as far as the resort size goes how does it compare to Pop? TIA

jeanylaser
10-21-2007, 06:29 PM
Does the all star Music has Disney Music in the pools?

Goofy22
10-21-2007, 08:56 PM
I know this is a weird question...at least that's what the reservation lady said :lmao:

Do the connecting rooms have windows that are side-by-side? I'm going for Christmas and bought a window cling that is 10 feet long...I need to have our friend's window next to ours (not across the doorways) so that Santa in his sleigh can fly behind his reindeer :santa:

Sorry but I believe they are all the same and if they are then the door of the connecting room is in the middle of the windows. But there are 2 windows side by side then the door then the next two windows side by side then the next door it may work !

It goes window, door ,window ,door if you get what Im saying.

We were in the Jazz section right by the piano pool and our rooms were connecting and that is how it was set up! Why didnt you go with the suite? We were only there one day thats why we didnt go with it!

Goofy22
10-21-2007, 08:59 PM
Here's another strange question. Does anyone know if the food court at ASMu has a microwave available in the dining area? It seems to me I saw one at another WDW resort near the soda machines.

I was thinking it would be nice to make popcorn to enjoy by the pool.

I believe they do

lisaluvsmickey2000
10-22-2007, 01:37 AM
Sorry but I believe they are all the same and if they are then the door of the connecting room is in the middle of the windows. But there are 2 windows side by side then the door then the next two windows side by side then the next door it may work !

It goes window, door ,window ,door if you get what Im saying.

We were in the Jazz section right by the piano pool and our rooms were connecting and that is how it was set up! Why didnt you go with the suite? We were only there one day thats why we didnt go with it!

Thanks for the help! We didn't get the suite because we are 2 sets of couples, close friends but not related. And the discount we got didn't apply to suites :confused3 Oh well. We need our privacy!

lisaluvsmickey2000
10-22-2007, 01:44 AM
Just to clarify my earlier post...I need the windows side by side w/ the small piece of wall between them...no doors. Like in this example:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k193/tnl2000/Disney%20November%202006/asm_calp20.jpg

So is the connecting door along the wall between the windows or between the outside doors? Do I need connecting rooms or side by side rooms?

BTW-here's the first Mickey head ornament I'm using to decorate my windows and doors with:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k193/tnl2000/Disney%20November%202006/Picture272.jpg

CarolinaBlue
10-22-2007, 07:29 AM
This is from allears:
http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/asm_jaz23.jpg
http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/asm_jaz20.jpg

The door in the picture is the connecting door. It is at the end of the room close to the bathroom. The connecting door is not between the windows.

minnie61650
10-22-2007, 07:45 AM
Just to clarify my earlier post...I need the windows side by side w/ the small piece of wall between them...no doors. Like in this example:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k193/tnl2000/Disney%20November%202006/asm_calp20.jpg

So is the connecting door along the wall between the windows or between the outside doors? Do I need connecting rooms or side by side rooms?

BTW-here's the first Mickey head ornament I'm using to decorate my windows and doors with:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k193/tnl2000/Disney%20November%202006/Picture272.jpg

I like your Mickey head.:)

Yes, if you get connecting rooms the windows will be next to each other on the outside of the room.(of course there is a wall between the two rooms so you cannot hang your decoration on the inside) Our nighbors had a connecting with us and after I droped her off at her door I had to continue past the windows to get to my door.

jeanylaser
10-22-2007, 02:48 PM
Does anyone knows the website of All-Star Music?

disneyholic family
10-22-2007, 05:58 PM
i know this was asked already but just to reconfirm: have all the rooms at ASMu been renovated?

by the way, as it stands now, we'll be there in november (though the dates aren't yet final). Hopefully, we'll still be able to find a plane we can squeeze ourselves onto

insoin
10-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Hey Everyone, I just wanted to say if you are planning a trip in 08 to ASMu, sign up for the list we have started that is in my siggy. I hope everyone has a great trip!

insoin
10-22-2007, 06:21 PM

I cannot say 100% that those would be a connecting room. If you look at this picture of Pop, you will notice that the window are close together in the entire building. If you got rooms circled in orange (Letter A) the windows would be side by side. If you got rooms circled in pink (Letter B) the doors would be between the windows. I guess it just depends on what group of rooms are connecting. I know this was not much help. But maybe you can then ask for connecting rooms that do not have doors between the windows. :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb253/insoin/popwindows.jpg

Figment's Girl
10-22-2007, 08:42 PM
We are heading to All Star Music on Wednesday and this thread has me even more excited! I'll post my experience when we get back.

Nicole786
10-22-2007, 10:17 PM
I just booked 2 nights at ASMu (we're also staying at AKL) and i'm so excited! I love the renovated rooms even though music isn't really my "thing"

It was between this and a preferred at ASMo so i'm a little worried we'll be far away, but I guess we'll see!

lisaluvsmickey2000
10-23-2007, 01:38 AM
Thanks for the suggestions! I need situation A circled in orange. I have a 10 ft Santa and sleigh w/ reindeers and I can cut it in half to display Santa and 2 reindeer in 1 window and the other 6 reindeer in the other window.

Another crazy question...How wide is the window sill?

minnie61650
10-23-2007, 02:55 AM
Thanks for the suggestions! I need situation A circled in orange. I have a 10 ft Santa and sleigh w/ reindeers and I can cut it in half to display Santa and 2 reindeer in 1 window and the other 6 reindeer in the other window.

At All Star Music situation A are the connecting rooms.

Hope that helps.

Good Luck!

insoin
10-23-2007, 06:22 AM
We are heading to All Star Music on Wednesday and this thread has me even more excited! I'll post my experience when we get back.

Great I cant wait to hear about your trip. Not to much info out here on this resort, or at least I dont think there is a lot.

insoin
10-23-2007, 06:24 AM

I think they are as wide as the door. I dont really recall (from my time at Pop that is).

dawne577
10-23-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally wanted to book POP - it wasn't available but Music and Sports were. I wasn't keen on either but after I read this thread I couldn't wait to get back to the web site to book. But know all the available rooms were gone and I was completely bummed. But persistence paid off - I kept checking the web site and last Saturday I was able to book 3 rooms for Jan. 1-3. Keep posting - it helps feed the obsession of the mouse!!!
Anyone know if they'll bring back the movies by the pool during the holiday season? Since it sounded like a success here before the holidays would be a great time to do it again.

minnie61650
10-23-2007, 01:14 PM
...... Anyone know if they'll bring back the movies by the pool during the holiday season? Since it sounded like a success here before the holidays would be a great time to do it again.

I have been in contact with All Star Music about the pilot program.
The activities use to run everyday stating at 1 PM.
In October they stated cutting the activities back.
At the present time they have some limited activities stating at 3 PM.
The Movie was moved up from 9 PM to 8:30 PM.

As of now, word is the cut back edition of the pilot program is suppose continue until Jan 26. There will only be 4 activities a day. They are still seeing how the pilot scores reflect guests needs/wants. The Yacht and Beach are also continuing at the same cut back level as the pilot program at All Star Music.

As with ALL things Disney this can change.
It is up to us (the guests) to make our voices heard.

So please if you are interested in having this program continue make your voices Heard.

Send in the emails, snail mail, and call. If you are staying at All Star Music in the next couple months tell all the CM's you see at Music how much you enjoy the program. We need to spread the word.

PO Box 10040

The program is very expensive and they will only keep it if they think it really makes a difference!

Just my 2 cents.

bellebeauty2
10-23-2007, 02:55 PM
Hi everyone! I'm very happy to have found this thread! I am new to the DIS, however not new to WDW. This will be our first time staying at a Disney Resort and am very excited to be there for Christmas.

We did not book a preferred room here. Assuming the worst-case scenario and we placed very far out, are the rooms quite far from the parking lots? We will have a car, and not plan on using the Disney buses. As well, how long is the walk to the Intermission Food Court?

Figment's Girl
10-23-2007, 09:39 PM
Great I cant wait to hear about your trip. Not to much info out here on this resort, or at least I dont think there is a lot.

True but it was nice to learn that it's the quieter of the 3 All Stars and that the rooms were just renovated.

dawne577
10-24-2007, 09:46 AM
Linda,
Thanks so much for passing on that info - I was still checking every day to see if anything opened up at Pop but not anymore. I'm very happy that we're staying here and can't wait until January!!!

Babboo
10-24-2007, 09:34 PM
True but it was nice to learn that it's the quieter of the 3 All Stars and that the rooms were just renovated.

The rooms we had @ ASMu (jazz) were very nice - spacious - very comfortable. The tightest space was the vanity area outside the bathroom.

And I don't know why some were complaining about the new "turbo" toilets - they made hardly no sound.

Hidden_Mickey
10-29-2007, 12:58 PM
We were there last week and had a great time. The room was fine, but we were in Rock, which was far from Melody Hall and the bus stop. I requested Rock because my dd wanted to swim in the piano pool. Of course, once she saw the guitar pool she wanted to swim there instead! We saw the last half of Monsters Inc, on Thursday, I think, while swimming in the guitar pool. Otherwise, we did not participate in any of the activities because we were in the parks or at dinner when they were going on.

I have one complaint - the washers totally did not clean our clothes, and I remember that from when we stayed at Sports in 2005. Both kids spilled food on themselves and it did not come out clean. We washed everything again when we got home. Maybe I shoved too much in the washer, but the stains didn't even look like they got lighter at all. Yuck.

jake&samsmom
10-31-2007, 08:22 AM
ASMu is AWESOME! :cool1: The CM's went above and beyond, there was so much activities/games by the pool, too bad were were so tired by the end of the day to join. The rooms were very clean. Sheets/bedcovers were crisp and fresh. Carpets very new and spotless. Walls had fresh paint. Curtains looked new and recently washed. I loved the curved shower rods, it added more bathing space. I also liked the privacy curtain between the vanity area and the sleeping area (so you could have little changing space). Hung our jackets on the very convenient coat rods. They had hairdryers and ironing boards/irons. Toilets flushed well, but never heard the neighbors' "turbo toilets" that I always read about here. Will post more about trip later. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer...:thumbsup2

Pixiedust34
10-31-2007, 08:27 AM
ASMu is AWESOME! :cool1: The CM's went above and beyond, there was so much activities/games by the pool, too bad were were so tired by the end of the day to join. The rooms were very clean. Sheets/bedcovers were crisp and fresh. Carpets very new and spotless. Walls had fresh paint. Curtains looked new and recently washed. I loved the curved shower rods, it added more bathing space. I also liked the privacy curtain between the vanity area and the sleeping area (so you could have little changing space). Hung our jackets on the very convenient coat rods. They had hairdryers and ironing boards/irons. Toilets flushed well, but never heard the neighbors' "turbo toilets" that I always read about here. Will post more about trip later. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer...:thumbsup2

I'm glad to hear you had a good stay! It's funny--from what I've read, it seems like some of the rooms have the privacy curtains while other rooms don't. :confused3

What building did you stay in, and was it a far walk to the food court? How was the bus service?

jake&samsmom
10-31-2007, 08:36 AM
Hi! We were in Calypso room 602, building 10, on the third floor facing the guitar pool. It is a preferred room, about 30 seconds walk to the main hall. Real close to elevators, but no noises from folks in hallways nor elevators.

Bus service was great! Never had to wait longer than 10 mins. The buses were constantly coming and going. The folks on the busses were friendly and chatty:thumbsup2

Shell0616
11-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Hi everyone!

We stayed at the ASMu last October for 10 days and again in November for 5 days and we loved it so much we just booked another stay there in april.

I have one question, it seems that since we have been there they have added a movie screen to the pool area. Is it still there or was it just temporary? It would be so much fun to swim while watching a movie!

Thanks so much!

Shellie

kaysmommie
11-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Subbing, deciding betwwen ASMU and POP for next trip.

Pixiedust34
11-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Hi everyone!

We stayed at the ASMu last October for 10 days and again in November for 5 days and we loved it so much we just booked another stay there in april.

I have one question, it seems that since we have been there they have added a movie screen to the pool area. Is it still there or was it just temporary? It would be so much fun to swim while watching a movie!

Thanks so much!

Shellie

Those movies and pool games are being done as a pilot program, and I think they are supposed to end in January (?). If you'd like to encourage these programs and poolside movies to continue at AS Music, please contact Disney at

PO Box 10040

and give some positive feedback about the programs and movies. Let them know that you'd like the movies and pool games to stay on a permanent basis.

I won't be staying at ASMu until September, and I hope that the movies and pool games will continue. :goodvibes

jake&samsmom
11-06-2007, 03:02 AM
We were just there last week, and it was awesome. Granted, we were usually out at the parks til they closed the gates :rotfl: but one night we were "home" early enough and saw the giant screen by the pool with Toy Story playing!

I have lots of pics of ASMu on my trip report. If y'all have time, check out the link below! ;)

Have a great time at ASMu everyone! :thumbsup2

Hidden_Mickey
11-07-2007, 01:47 PM
I got a postcard in the mail to do an online survey about our recent stay. Anybody else get one? I haven't had the chance to do it yet.

IluvKingLouis
11-07-2007, 02:02 PM
We just got back a few days ago. We LOVED the pool activities and movies. DJ, one of the managers was great! My daughter won a My Little Pony and a bunch of candy while playing the various games around the pool.

BTW, our room in Broadway did not have the privacy curtain.

dismarkle
11-07-2007, 02:04 PM
We were at ASMu, Oct 23-30. We got a room in the Rock 'n Roll building #4. This was our first stay at a value and we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms have a new feel, from the recent renovation. The room was very clean and we liked the feel and design of the carpet. It was more spacious than we had expected. (No privacy curtain).

The cleaning staff left towel animals several nights and tied a ghost into our curtains. A nice touch for Halloween. :goodvibes

The food court can get very busy, but the staff in the food court was first rate! They always greeted you with a smile and were very pleasant. The breakfast food was good. The food court management is obviously doing something right.

When returning from the parks at night, we were really glad we weren't staying at the Movies. The line for the Movies bus was always longer, except at parks where Music and Movies shared a bus. Most of the time we had our own bus both ways.

Overall a great experience. :thumbsup2

Disney Brat
11-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Hi guys....just wondering if anyone has some pics of the food court area, or any pics of the main building?? Thanks!

MaidMarian
11-20-2007, 10:01 AM
What time do they do the games and movies at the pool? Thanks

jake&samsmom
11-20-2007, 10:52 AM

They'll give you a newsletter upon check-in detailing the activities/times of events at the ASMu resort for the week. It'll list the games for the day, movies for the day, that kind of stuff. I believe that when were there last October, the movie started at 9pm by the pool. :thumbsup2

Jiminy'sGirl
11-20-2007, 10:55 AM
They'll give you a newsletter upon check-in detailing the activities/times of events at the ASMu resort for the week. It'll list the games for the day, movies for the day, that kind of stuff. I believe that when were there last October, the movie started at 9pm by the pool. :thumbsup2

We were there two weeks ago (Nov. 4-10) and the movies were starting earlier.... I believe they were starting at 7pm...When we would come in from the parks around 9pm, they were taking down the screen, etc. We did see a bit of Chronicles of Narnia one evening around 8pm. There are also games going on around the pool and by the gift shop. It all looked fun, but we always missed everything because we were at the parks all day everyday.

minnie61650
11-20-2007, 12:54 PM

The pool games start about 3 or 4 Pm now

Here is some other info about the pilot program.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a little info about the new pilot program at All Star Music and BC&YC:

I called All Star Music in August and asked about the pilot program and I was informed it will only last through September but if All Star Music and YC&BC (which also has a similar program ) get enough positive feedback they may expand this program to all of the resorts! Yeah. So anyone is going to All Star Music Or BC & YC (which has a similar prorgram please fill out the pilot survey which is at the front desk .Please be honest but please fill them out.

The manager I talked to sent me a list of the activities they have planned for September.
For a full list of the activities please see post # 1 of this tread:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1565556

The pilot program is not just about the games and movies but it is really about better guest service.

Having more staff available at check in so guests can check in a more timely manner.
Having clean rooms ready at check in so guests do not have to wait until the late afternoon for a clean room.
Having more staff on hand so a guest can have any questions or concerns taken care of right away.

I was told they are getting the results from those surveys the next morning and actions are immediately being taken to correct problems or congratulate success.

I was told that this program is ending the end of September but if they get lots of good feedback they may extend this type of service to the other resorts as well.

I am really hoping they get lots positive response to this program.
I was told that so far there has been quite a bit of positive response from guests at All Star Music but the BC & YC has not been getting many responses.

My guess is not very many guests know this is a pilot program so they do not respond.

I was told that there is hope that with enough interest that they may be able to keep a lot of the great things happening at AS Music and YC & BC and be able to expand to other properties. I was also told that this pilot is all about trying to improve intent to return.

The manager I spoke with me that the best thing that guests can do is when they check out of the resort, they should take the survey and give feedback (honest feedback about anything good or bad they experienced).

If you think you would like this pilot program to continue....
If you think you would like this pilot program to other resorts....
If you have been unhappy wit long lines at check in or
having to wait until the late afternoon to get your room assignment at any of Disney's resorts .
If you feel there should be more staff at all of Disney's so they can help guests with any questions or concerns then this is our chance to let the WDW execs know!

Now I will be first to admit that the "suits" at WDW should already know these things are a part of good customer service...
But we need to let WDW know that we appreciate these basic customer services. We do not want to give the WDW execs the excuse to drop the ball by saying "Based on our polling, the guests don't value these services.
We can continue our cost cutting measures ."

If you would like contact Disney about these services and this pilot program the addresses are:

PO Box 10040

Thanks ........And......
Have fun at Disney.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
* NOTE

The management did decide to extend the pilot program at BC & YC and All Star Music until the end of January but they did cut back the amount of activities that were offered at these resorts.

I am hoping that this program is extened and expanded to other resorts . I have read many good reports on the DIS boards from guests staying at BC & YC and All Star Music. Guests have reported the lines at check in are quite short, rooms are often ready at check in , they like the phone calls from the management welcoming them and saying if there are any problems to let them know along with the afternoon activities and the Movies at night by the pool/beach.

lisaluvsmickey2000
11-23-2007, 08:32 PM
Is there anyone on this thread that would like to participate in a fridge/microwave swap??? Only $15 !!! :cool1:

Check it out here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1628294

Kimberly815
11-27-2007, 11:18 AM
I am terribly late, but I promised I would come back to share my pics from staying there back in September. . . .so here it is!

The lobby
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/jburke852/Sept%20Disney/DSCF7399.jpg

Our room. We were in the Country Fair Section.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/jburke852/Sept%20Disney/DSCF7411.jpg

The beds
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/jburke852/Sept%20Disney/DSCF7402.jpg

The sink area
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/jburke852/Sept%20Disney/DSCF7406.jpg

That annoying Stacey!!
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/jburke852/Sept%20Disney/DSCF7416.jpg

Some of the grounds
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/jburke852/Sept%20Disney/DSCF7428.jpg

We were really happy with the ASMusic overall. The Country Fair section is definitely a walk from the main building, but it didn't bother us much, because we used our rental car all week to get to the parks. We never found either pool to be terribly busy, and we had great service the two times we ate at the food court! My Dad joined us halfway through our stay and was given a room just two doors down from us, which worked out perfectly.

All around, I was very happy with our stay!:woohoo:

Pixiedust34
11-27-2007, 11:22 AM
Thanks for posting your pictures! How far is the walk (5 minutes? 10 or more minutes?) from Country Fair to the food court/buses?

Your photos were great!

Kimberly815
11-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Thanks for posting your pictures! How far is the walk (5 minutes? 10 or more minutes?) from Country Fair to the food court/buses?

Your photos were great!
Thanks!

I would say the walk took us about 8-10 minutes or so, depending on our pace. It certainly wasn't terrible, it just wasn't right there, if you know what I mean.

Disney Brat
11-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the pics! They were great!

jsmla
12-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Hi!
Hubby and I are staying at ASMu beginning 01/06 and I have a question about the food court. I've been looking at the menus and wondered if they are complete. I'm hoping for a few more light/vegetarian options than I see on DIS and allears. Is there anything?

Jennifer

sandybobandy
12-03-2007, 06:53 PM
We loooooved our stay!!!!!! We were in the Broadway building....

Broadway at night
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/sandybobandy82/100_0975.jpg

The pool at night
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/sandybobandy82/100_0950.jpg

Beautiful fountain courtyard area
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/sandybobandy82/100_1028.jpg

Outside of Broadway at night
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/sandybobandy82/100_0984.jpg

Another Broadway view
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/sandybobandy82/100_1007.jpg

Same View at night
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/sandybobandy82/100_0987.jpg

Jazz Inn sign at night
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/sandybobandy82/100_0963.jpg

Loved this sign
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/sandybobandy82/100_1004.jpg

This is from the food court. I ordered this most mornings :)
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/sandybobandy82/100_1248.jpg

But once I got this. Very tasty!
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/sandybobandy82/100_0998.jpg

The following are of our room:
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/sandybobandy82/100_0359.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/sandybobandy82/100_0357.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/sandybobandy82/100_0356.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/sandybobandy82/100_0355.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/sandybobandy82/100_0354.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/sandybobandy82/100_0353.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/sandybobandy82/100_0350.jpg

Jazz building exterior
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/sandybobandy82/100_1026.jpg

Calypso building exterior
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/sandybobandy82/100_1018.jpg

I loved seeing this for the first time :)
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/sandybobandy82/100_1024.jpg

IluvKingLouis
12-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Hi!
Hubby and I are staying at ASMu beginning 01/06 and I have a question about the food court. I've been looking at the menus and wondered if they are complete. I'm hoping for a few more light/vegetarian options than I see on DIS and allears. Is there anything?

Jennifer

Unfortunately their menu is rather limitted. I've noticed Pop has far more options. I'm in love with Music so althought the Pop menu tempts me, I'll probably stay put.

Kimberly815, thanks for the pictures. We too stayed in Broadway, both times, and loved it. I am in the process of planning a trip for mid Jan. and cant get a room in ASMu. We did get a decent rate for POR, but I just LOVE ASMu, so Im feeling a little sad. :worried:

disneyholic family
12-03-2007, 11:45 PM
We just stayed at the All Star Music for 9 days in November (nov. 5th to 14th).

It was just DD and me on this trip (DH and DS couldn't come with us).

We haven't stayed in a value resort since 1995, with recent years mostly in deluxe concierge accomodations.
However, we were very very pleasantly surprised by the ASMu.
You definitely feel the disney experience, just like any of the onsite resorts (and for a lot less money!).

We were in Jazz, which is right beyond Calypso and very close to the main building.

When we arrived there was a manager running the check in line to make sure everyone was handled quickly and efficiently. During our stay i noticed that a manager was running the line at many times throughout the day.

The CMs at reception and the concierge desk were very friendly and helpful, just like you expect from Disney.

We actually didn't spend much time in the room this trip - we were at the parks just after opening and then didn't return to the room until late at night (since it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too cold to swim - although there were always at least a few Brits in the pool)...

the refurbished rooms are very nice. I especially love that curved curtain rod in the bathtub - what a brilliant design.

We didn't eat in the food court at all. For breakfast, we had cereal, milk and OJ in the room. I ran to the food court every morning to buy breakfast for DD (since she wasn't willing to get up early enough to be ready to leave, plus go to the food court to eat breakfast).

We did buy the refillable mugs, but barely used them. We probably just broke even on the cost. But they make cute souvenirs. However, i prefer the taste of bottled diet coke, so i probably should have skipped buying one.

The only downside to the ASMu in my opinion is the bus service. Since it shares with the ASSport it's not very convenient. We only used the service once - to go to the magic kingdom. We had to wait so long for a bus in both directions and had to stand, i decided we would just stick with the rental car.
So if you have to depend on the bus service, it might be a problem.

however, other than the bus service, the All Star Music is a great choice.

bugsbuni70
12-04-2007, 11:08 PM
Well I'm back from Disney . It was ok there was alot going on with the Cheerleaders comps and kid footlball games and stuff. When we arrived my five yr daughter and I our room was way in the back corner where it's dark and deserted . So I complained and I got the preferred room by the pool that I asked for in the first place. The food court was ok but we really enijoyed that polit program by the pool the movies anf games were fun . Im glad it was going on during our visit. I wouldn't stay at All Star music again. Because it was loud late at night and some of the front desk people were rude when I asked a question. But beyond that is was ok. The bus service wasn't too bad either we didn'y have to wait too long for the bus. I also woudn't for after Thankgiving again the parks were way too crowded.

planningcrazymom
12-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Hi all: we went to WDW in Oct. Stayed at the Pop, loved it there. We are going bace in April for my grandaughter's 5th birthday and am thinking about staying at ASMU. I am really enjoying the pictures of the resort, more more please, and like all the great info. you all are posting. It will help make my choice easier. Thanks again and keep all the info coming.:yay:

emh1129
12-08-2007, 11:06 AM
Thanks to all who have shared their great pictures! :)

ADisneyQueen
12-08-2007, 12:15 PM
I tried to book ASMU for the week before easter but it was already full. The other values were not. I know the rooms have been remolded, but I was surprised it was sold out already. They only had family suites available.

kaysmommie
12-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Does ASMu bus stop have a queue like POP or do you have to fight your way onto the buses. We are going during Spring Break. Thanks

minnie61650
12-08-2007, 11:11 PM
Does ASMu bus stop have a queue like POP or do you have to fight your way onto the buses. We are going during Spring Break. Thanks
No need to your way onto the buses at ASMU. THey have the line queues for the buses like Pop has.

lisaluvsmickey2000
12-09-2007, 09:22 PM
We returned from 10 days/ 9 nights at ASMu Jazz section. It was OK, but we like POP better :rolleyes1 Here's the pics I took of our room:

Hidden Mickey's in the carpet
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k193/tnl2000/2007%20Disney/disney2007pics137.jpg

Wall border
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k193/tnl2000/2007%20Disney/disney2007pics138.jpg

Cool light over mirror
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k193/tnl2000/2007%20Disney/disney2007pics139.jpg

Front window curtain
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k193/tnl2000/2007%20Disney/disney2007pics140.jpg

Light's and headboards
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k193/tnl2000/2007%20Disney/disney2007pics141.jpg

Cool coat/umbrella/lanyard rack
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k193/tnl2000/2007%20Disney/disney2007pics142.jpg

Privacy curtain between sink area and room
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k193/tnl2000/2007%20Disney/disney2007pics143.jpg

Tree and wreath in lobby for Christmas
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k193/tnl2000/2007%20Disney/disney2007pics135.jpg

Lobby wall and Christmas wreath
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k193/tnl2000/2007%20Disney/disney2007pics102.jpg

Our window decorated for the holiday
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k193/tnl2000/2007%20Disney/disney2007pics111.jpg

Santa Mickey Heads
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k193/tnl2000/2007%20Disney/disney2007pics113.jpg

Fountain area in front of Jazz Inn
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k193/tnl2000/2007%20Disney/disney2007pics100.jpg

Calypso
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k193/tnl2000/2007%20Disney/disney2007pics101.jpg

We did have some Disney magic thanks to Randy (front desk supervisor)! I'll edit w/ a link soon!

Pixiedust34
12-10-2007, 05:27 AM
Wonderful pictures, Lisa!! I'm looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

It's funny--from what I've read some of the rooms at ASMu have a privacy curtain and others do not.

CarolinaBlue
12-10-2007, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the pictures! We'll be there next week and I cannot wait!:cool1:

kaysmommie
12-10-2007, 07:39 AM
No need to your way onto the buses at ASMU. THey have the line queues for the buses like Pop has.

Thanks minnie :goodvibes . I just switch from POP to ASMU for DD's Bday trip, she will be turning 8 in March. Since it's and extra trip this year it has to be a value resort and after readng your thread I think it will be better for us. We are used to deluxe, so we need a quiter resort than Pop.

nklooz
12-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Was wondering if anyone had an update on the programming by the pool at ASMusic. Trying to decide btwn. POP & Music and the programming at Music could be the deal-breaker for us. Think DD8 would love the movies, dance parties, etc. We're going next Sept. Anyone heard anything? Based on what I previously saw in this thread, I sent an email to the address giving pos. feedback. Thanks.