PDA

View Full Version : We ate and ate

disnut1149
08-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Hi
We just got back last night. The DDP was great!! So much food, and so little time to eat it all. We ate at Cape May Cafe, Mama Melroses, Earl of Sandwich, Rainforest Cafe in AK, Crystal Palace for breakfast, Chef Mickeys for dinner, O'hana for dinner, Coral Reef, Toy Story Pizza Planet, Pecos Bills and the Princess lunch at Akershus in Norway. We really enjoyed all the food, except for the princess lunch. The food was just ok there, but the princesses were great. I don't eat meat and found plenty to eat at all these places. I read about people being rushed at their meals. We weren't rushed at any of these places. They gave us all the time that we wanted. Also, I had a pina colada at O'hana and it was one of the best that I've ever had. If anyone has any questions, I'll try to answer them.:)

undertheseas
08-26-2007, 07:15 PM
Wow you picked some great restaurants! What did you have at Mama Melrose? It's a new restaurant for us this year and I'd like to have some idea of the food there before we go. Thanks for posting!

disnut1149
08-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Hi
I had the pasta at Mama Melroses. It was the penne ala vodka. I just get it without the meat. They don't give you bread, but you can get it as an appetizer, which I did and shared it with everyone. My Dnieces just had a ceasar salad and the chocolate dessert, which was delicious, since they weren't very hungry. I forget what my DD had and my DGD had spaghetti, which she seemed to like. It's not the best Itallian food, but we liked what we had. The service was very slow though. We hardly saw our waitress. I know MM's has some bad reviews, but I think you just have to try it for yourself. We had great service last year, but this year it was unbelieveably slow. Have a great trip!
Joan

natalielongstaff
08-27-2007, 02:10 AM
we have an ADR at MM so thanks for the review :thumbsup2

Minniespal
08-27-2007, 05:36 AM
Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for posting.

disneyfav4ever
08-27-2007, 11:53 AM
I'd love to hear about Chef Mickey's.

memomuffin
08-27-2007, 01:35 PM
I want to hear about them all!! Bring it on!!:banana:

disnut1149
08-27-2007, 03:48 PM
Hi
We went to the Cape May Buffet the first night. I was hesitant to keep this ADR since it had some pretty bad reviews recently. We're glad that we kept it. My DD ate a ton of clams that she said were really good, and also mussels. I don't eat them, but she like them a lot. The mashed potatoes were delicious. We all enjoyed them. My DGD 4 1/2 had pizza, mac and cheese, corn and salad. They also had chicken, prime rib and different kinds of salads. The desserts were delicious. If you like chocolate, you have to try the oreo bon bons. They're like a chocolate mousse on top of an oreo cookie. They were great. We weren't rushed at all and I would definitely go back there.:thumbsup2
We went to Chef Mickeys for dinner. I know some people say it was the worst meal of their trip, but we enjoyed it. I loved the cheese ravioli and so did my DGD. The sauce was mild and not garlicky. The mashed potatoes were good, but not delicious like the ones we had at Cape May. They had shrimp that you had to peel yourself and they were ok. I really didn't pay much attention to what my DNieces were eating, since I was so busy taking pictures of all the characters with my family. The dessert bar was a big hit with everyone. You can make ice cream sundaes with all kinds of candies to put on top. They also had a chocolate mouse on a cookie, but we didn't think it was as good as the ones at Cape May. They had brownies, little cheesecakes and tarts. I would go back here again. The character interaction was great. My DGD was dressed like Minnie Mouse and she got a lot of attention from the characters. We weren't rushed through dinner and it was a lot of fun!!:thumbsup2
I'll report more a little later tonight. Thanks for reading!!