PDA

View Full Version : Does POP have cots available?

shoegirl1020
08-26-2007, 06:56 PM
We are staying at POP in less than three weeks :grouphug: When we stayed there in 1/07 ds8 refused to sleep in bed with his dd9, and actually wanted to sleep on the floor:headache: I layed the floor with blankets, but would prefer that he sleep on a cot or bed.

Does anyone know if POP has cots available for situations like this?

PS dh and I are sleepin in the other bed and ds2 will be in a portable crib

disneydance
08-26-2007, 07:00 PM
No they dont only resort which offer a third bed are POR and and some of the deluxes. Also AKL has bunk beds which worked great for our family of 4 since my kids also wont sleep together. Also WL has bunk beds also

hellokittiemama
08-26-2007, 07:04 PM
What about bringing one of those inflatable readybeds? My kids love them when they go to grandparents for sleepovers because they fold up very small (smaller than a sleeping bag) with a carrying bag etc. You can get them in favorite disney characters even and they have a small air mattress underneath and built in pillow.

darlak
08-26-2007, 07:34 PM
My DD13 has an inflatable twin sized air mattress that we got at Wal-Mart for less than $30. It deflates to a very small size and fits in a small duffle type bag. It's one of the double type ones that stands almost as tall as the bed and a twin sheet fits it perfectly. If you have the room to take it, it would be cheaper than renting a cot anyway. If you don't get one of the self inflating ones, get a foot-type air pump!

mecllap
08-26-2007, 09:09 PM
An inflatable mattress is great -- you can also get a plug-in pump, rather than a foot pump. I wish I'd started using an inflatable for trips with my DGS much sooner than we did. You can lean it up against the wall during the day, so the mousekeepers can get around okay. As long as you're not trying to exceed the 4 people per room limit, no problem. I found it was also helpful at Pop to have a memory foam mattress topper (the beds in our room were not comfortable). I think DGS with his own mattress and sheets was more comfortable than the "grups." (That's Star Trek for grown-ups).

Mousemom
08-26-2007, 10:19 PM
The values don't offer roll aways because of the size of the room. They are considered fire hazards. My boys don't want to sleep together so I went to Target and got a really nice air mattress for $10 that you blow up with a hair dryer (each resort room has these already). It only takes a couple minutes. It has a nice fabric top and is about 4-5" thick when blown up. Really comfy! During the day we put it against the wall. We kind of thought that if we did not have enough room to bring it home for $10 it was not that great of a loss. We did stuff it in our bag and still use it for sleep overs etc...

tribus121
08-26-2007, 10:23 PM
Another vote for a inflatable mattress my dd used one for the entire 10 days that we stayed at pop if you shop around they can be bought very cheep all though at pop it might be crowded if you all ready have a crib but i think that it could be done we took a sleeping bag and dd thought that she was camping out

LizAgna
08-26-2007, 10:23 PM
I didn't think Pop had roll-aways but when we were there in June there was one sitting outside a room on our floor. I'm sure that's what it was because we had to walk around it to get to our room. I don't know under what circumstance they were able to get it but it was there. Hopefully you can get one!!