PDA

View Full Version : BW or WL Villa or other suite?

cypresschill
08-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Hi all,

This is my second trip to DW. We stayed at All Star Movies the first time, had connecting rooms, and thought it was great. We definitely want to try something different though, and I need your help! I've done countless searches on different websites and still can't figure out what will be the best for us.

My big requirement is that we have a separate room that we can put the kids to bed in, both for naps and at night. DD is 2 and will nap every day and DS is 4 and has "quiet time" in front of the tv. One adult will stay in the room w/ them and the other can sneak off to the pool. So just having a balcony to sneak out to is not enough; I want a separate room with a door.

I originally thought I wanted to be on the monorail, but I found there are very few suites there and they're already booked for our dates. The cost of 2(adjoining) rooms in a deluxe monorail resort is exhorbitant!! So we thought we were going to settle for a villa at WL. Not on the monorail, but it was the room we wanted and the kids would like the boat.

I thought we were done but then a friend recommended villas at BC and the research I did got me excited. Unfortunately they're booked! There are villas at BW available and so that's what I'm thinking about now. I know it's not near MK, but I've made a little schedule and I think we'll only go to MK twice while we're there, epcot twice and MGM twice. So actually if we walked to MGM & Epcot, the BW is better for us. Plus there are so many good restaurants in that area. DD sleeps til almost dinner time, so we could get dinner near the hotel and then try to hit another park for fireworks or something. And though I hear the restaurants at WL are supposed to be good, I looked at the menus and they just didn't seem that exciting to me.

I do like the decor and feel of BW better than WL. But from pictures, the pool at WL looks better. And it seems to get better reviews overall. But having the boardwalk would be fun for the kids. But the elevator situation sounds terrible! And also it sounds like the buses make a lot of stops from BW. I don't know! Is there something else I'm not thinking of? Any kind of suite or adjoining room or villa that would fit my needs? We're going in November and I think the villas we're considering are about $480 night, so I'd like to keep it in that price range. I've got it in my head that we want to be in a deluxe resort, but maybe adjoining rooms in a moderate would work too?

I'm sorry for rambling, I'm just trying to give you the whole picture in case you have an idea of what is the perfect thing for me!!

Thanks,:confused3
Cypress

LoveMyLAP-BAND
08-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Hi! Welcome to the Disboards!

In your situation, I would go with the BW. You can walk or take the boat to EPCOT and MGM, which you said you spend 4 out of 6 days. For me, transportation is key, especially with young ones who need to take a nap.

Plus, the BW and the surrounding area have so many restaurants and activities.

Enjoy your trip and let us know if you have any more questions. We love to help!:goodvibes

CarolMN
08-26-2007, 05:59 PM
If you go with a moderate (or value), you need to request connecting rooms. Adjoining just means next to each other. Connecting means an inside door between the rooms.

Redbudlover
08-26-2007, 06:10 PM
I stayed at BWI last year and loved it. Lots of restaurants and close to EPCOT and MGM. Large rooms and beautifully decorated. I loved being on the boardwalk. I am taking my DS, DDIL, and DGD this fall to BC - for the pool, but the pool at BW was great too.

mikesmom
08-26-2007, 08:59 PM
You didn't mention what part of November you are going, but if it is the first half, then you need to book something QUICKLY. The Food & Wine Fest is held first of October thru mid November and all the hotels and villas in the Epcot area (including Swan & Dolphin) can fill really fast. I know the rooms available for DVC points are totally sold out. Good luck.

cypresschill
08-27-2007, 06:09 AM
We're going after the food & wine fest. Too bad - it would have been fun to check that out!! We arrive the 13th and stay til the 18th. I mention going to parks twice because we have a park hopper and we'll be going back sometime after naps!

I'm feeling better about BW reading these posts! I think I might make the switch! Also, thanks for the info on connecting vs adjoining - very important point!! I remember that wasn't guaranteed at ASM (not sure if I'm getting any of these abbreviations right!) but it wasn't a problem.

Thanks again! If anyone else wants to weigh in, that's great too!

kimpossible
08-27-2007, 06:19 AM
We own at the BWV and LOVE it! It is so nice not to have to ride a bus to at least 2 parks (no breaking down the strollers). Also, no crowds to face on busses if you want to stay for Fantasmic or Illuminations.

spiceycat
08-27-2007, 07:52 AM
BWV does not have connecting rooms.

you can get a 1-bedroom villa - which I guess is what you want? or a 2-bedroom villa - which you don't really need for your family of 4.

the studios are just upscaled rooms - so don't get one of these.

might also suggest the new AKV - then you can watch the animals as well as your kids.

don't know if this will help or not.

despite there only be the 2 elevators (right next to each other) - there are stairs. BWV has lots of stairs which can be short cuts. So it depends upon you. are your kids willing and able to go stairs - can you or your husband carry the strollers?

might also kept looking for BCV it has elevators in different places.

might ask on the DVC board. DVC and CRO have different inventory. so just because CRO doesn't have it - doesn't mean DVC won't.

that say then you are renting from a DVC member not Disney. the prices will be better - but the rules change. for some people BIG TIME.