PDA

View Full Version : Wine and Dine Package

Erica
08-26-2007, 02:34 PM
Hello all.

I did not searching and I have not yet found a thread discussing this. I could of missed it, so please point me there if I did. :)

I am wondering what your thoughts are on the new Disney "Wine and Dine" Package.
"Wine and Dine
Add a daily bottle of fine wine to the dining component of your package. For only $39.99 per room per night, you can choose from a variety of premium wines"

The PDF brochure can be found here:
http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw/images2003/languagespecific/eng/nontheme/tickets/08WineandDine.pdf

What are the bottle prices these days? Do you think this is a good value if you are a wine drinker? Personally I feel that it would be a wash however I would love to hear your input.

Regards,

-Erica

CarolA
08-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Well you have hit the big issue.

WHAT are they going to let you drink??? Until they do that it's pretty hard to say if this is a good deal!

BCV23
08-26-2007, 07:56 PM
I agree. Does it include any bottle on the wine list?:confused3

We always order wine with dinner yet I just can't see buying this plan without more detail.

kaytieeldr
08-26-2007, 08:20 PM
Okay, I've got a wine list from Artist Point from last year. If the Wine Package allows you to get ANY bottle, that can be a great value (or not). AP's wines last September ran from $29 to $150. On a personal note, it wouldn't be worth my purchasing the plan, since my favorite wine at Disney costs less than $30 a bottle.

hoosll
08-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Of course, at Artist Point it will cost you 2 wine credits!

I just cannot see this being a viable option for anyone.

One bottle of wine per night for 39.99 !!!

BCV23
08-26-2007, 08:54 PM
Of course, at Artist Point it will cost you 2 wine credits!

Yes, that part gets me too. So if we would prefer a bottle that costs $70, will it hurt too much to order what we actually prefer rather than a bottle that matches our expense.