PDA

View Full Version : AKL Construction - Napping Kids??? Help!

Mac's Mom
08-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Hi everyone -

This is my first post - these boards are so wonderful! Thanks for all the great information.

Here's my question... I just booked a trip for our family in January (17-24). We are staying at AKL, standard view. I've been reading all the posts about the construction and normally construction during the day would not bother me, however our kids are 2 and 3 and still nap during the day. I'm wondering just how disruptive the construction is during the day??? I don't mind seeing work being done, but if it is so noisey that my kids won't be able to nap... well, that is obviously not a good vacation for anyone then!

I'd appreciate any insight anyone has to offer...

Also - background info on our reservation... I booked through AAA and got a pretty good deal (essentially a night free). My other choice was WL, however they only had a view room there so it was a bit more expensive. We are trying to be as economical as possible, so if the construction isn't a big disruption, then saving $200 is well worth it (that is a few meals, you know!?). But if my kids won't be able to nap, well then we'd gladly spend the extra $$$. Also - the other reason I went with AKL is that I'm hoping the upcoming discount codes will have another great AKL deal in them - the more we can save, the better!

Thanks for your help!!!

Mary Beth

Tiffany
08-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Hi everyone -

This is my first post - these boards are so wonderful! Thanks for all the great information.

Here's my question... I just booked a trip for our family in January (17-24). We are staying at AKL, standard view. I've been reading all the posts about the construction and normally construction during the day would not bother me, however our kids are 2 and 3 and still nap during the day. I'm wondering just how disruptive the construction is during the day??? I don't mind seeing work being done, but if it is so noisey that my kids won't be able to nap... well, that is obviously not a good vacation for anyone then!

I'd appreciate any insight anyone has to offer...

Also - background info on our reservation... I booked through AAA and got a pretty good deal (essentially a night free). My other choice was WL, however they only had a view room there so it was a bit more expensive. We are trying to be as economical as possible, so if the construction isn't a big disruption, then saving $200 is well worth it (that is a few meals, you know!?). But if my kids won't be able to nap, well then we'd gladly spend the extra $$$. Also - the other reason I went with AKL is that I'm hoping the upcoming discount codes will have another great AKL deal in them - the more we can save, the better!

Thanks for your help!!!

Mary Beth

Hi,

By Jan of 08 all of the construction that it currently going on in the lodge should be done. They will still be working on building the new DVC building at that time so I do not believe that construction noise in the lodge will be an issue.

Mac's Mom
08-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Thanks for that info... I really hope that's the case!

I'm still on the fence about whether to relocate to WL... We probably won't make another trip like this to WDW for another 4 or 5 years, so I would have for it to be less than great!

applechips
08-26-2007, 04:32 PM
bring a box fan with you, we do. It blocks out so much noise! Even my husband's awful snoring. We use one at home too.