PDA

View Full Version : Just back from 8 night stay at CSR **Pictures added**

ToyStory
08-26-2007, 10:06 AM
We just got back yesterday from CSR and love the resort and would stay there again.

We arrived around 4:15 using ME. My DH got the rent a car from National and beat us to the hotel by five minutes. Due to luggage it was necessary to for myself, my two sons (ages 9 and 4) and mother to take ME. There was only a few people ahead of us at the registration desk and the CM who was walking around apologized for the wait and ask us if we had any questions. The wait time was less then 5 minutes, however I heard from another guest that 30 minutes later the line was out to the fountain. So we lucked out there.

We got Casita 4. I was happy, but knew it was going to be a longer walk to the Dig Site then I wanted. I asked if there was any other rooms we could get but was told only Rancho 6B for two connecting rooms so we decided to stick with what we were given. The rooms was close to bus stop 2 and the parking lot. We had a parking lot view, which was expected with a standard room, but we weren't right on top of the parking lot. Our room was in the half circle courtyard that faced bus stop 2. However when we got our rooms we had to change our room since someone smoked in my mom's room. The front desk was apolgetic and I told them it wasn't their fault that some inconsiderate person smoked in the room.

After going back a forth trying to get rooms connecting, adjourning or at least a couple of doors from each other we were place in Rancho 7B rooms 7570 and 7569 on the first floor which are not next to each other, but it was fine with us. Our rooms faced Cabana 8A so we were close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4. We loved the location. It was a quick walk to the Dig Site and we had a quite pool right around the corner of our room. Both sets of rooms were clean (besides the smoke smell) and in good condition.

I know alot of people complain about the walk to the Pepper Market but I didn't see it as an issue. One morning walking at a normal speed I left my room at 7:30, went to the Pepper Market to grab a pastry and a drinks for my sons and made it back to my room at 7:50. It wasn't any longer then our walk at POR. I am also not the fastest walker. Numerous times we were asked if we wanted a ride on the courtesy shuttle. My mom and I also walked around the entire resort one day taking pictures. We could see if you got the other buildings in the Ranchos section besides 7B how it could be an issue since they seemed very isolated, but pretty too. Lots of greenery not just sand and rock.

We had no problems with the buses, however we only used them when we went to MK and once for Epcot and used our rental car all other times. We left MK after Wishes one night at park closing and there were only 17 people on the bus. Unlike the All Star bus which was jammed pack. We were always able to get a seat on the bus. The resort is so centralized to everything. DH even commented how close to everything it was. Our longest drive was coming back from AK. It was timing and traffic when we left after the 4:00 parade.

The Dig Site was great and as expected my sons loved the slide. The hot tub was nice and hot and relaxing too. There were not many kids in there and if they were they were with their parents.

We only ate at the Pepper Market a few times, however my mom got her coffee there every morning. We had dinner there our first night and it was great. DH and mom had the prime rib and I had the chicken faitas. It was plenty of food. It is weired that you are limted on what you can get for dessert, but the M&M cookies were good. We had breakfast there twice. I really didn't like the selection of food for breakfast so I just got a pastry. The waffles just came with a topping but not with bacon, however you could get scrambled eggs, potatos, bacon or sausage and a muffin at another station for a similar price. There were no french toast or pancakes available, which I am a fan of. I am particular in my eggs and the scrambled eggs were too wet looking for my taste. We mostly at breakfast in our rooms, breakfast bars, yogort and milk so it was no big deal. I could see how it could be confusing since I was confused at first, but if you look at the menu it tells you where to go for what. ;) Our table attendents were very attentive. Refilled our drinks and even our refillable mugs. The 10% tip didn't bother us since we were on the dining plan.

One night after coming home from Epcot as I was walking up the path I saw this person sitting on a chair from the room smoking on the balcony on the second floor above my mom's room. I called the front desk to report it and security was sent. My DH told me that I was nuts, but I said because of a person like that we had to change rooms (although for the best we feel) and had to wait to start our vacation. It took about 45 mintues to fine new rooms, have the runner come with our new room keys and move to our new room with what luggage we had. When we arrived to our new room the our luggage from ME was right behind us.

I want to thank Buzz for his website once again. It was such a great source of information. I have some pictures so if someone can PM how to post them I will attempt it. Any questions feel free to ask.

Buzz2001
08-26-2007, 10:13 AM
Welcome back and thanks for the great review! Glad you enjoyed CSR! :thumbsup2

DreaminDisney
08-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Thanks for posting. Great review & glad you enjoyed it and would stay there again. I'm looking forward to staying there for 1st time in December:wizard:

KatMark
08-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the review. We are there in six days for our fifth stay at the CSR and cannot wait! And I apologize for the ignorant smoker. I was, unfortunately, a smoker. But I never smoked in my room or parks except in designated areas and I would say something to someone if I saw them smoking where they shouldn't.

Buzz2001
08-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the review. We are there in six days for our fifth stay at the CSR and cannot wait! And I apologize for the ignorant smoker. I was, unfortunately, a smoker. But I never smoked in my room or parks except in designated areas and I would say something to someone if I saw them smoking where they shouldn't.Have a great trip!

Buzz2001
08-26-2007, 06:48 PM
Thanks for posting. Great review & glad you enjoyed it and would stay there again. I'm looking forward to staying there for 1st time in December:wizard:The resort is so beautifully decorated at that time of year. Your going to have a great trip!!

Carol D
08-26-2007, 08:19 PM
Thanks for sharing!

Tinkerbell_Girl
08-26-2007, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the review!

Schucraig
08-26-2007, 09:34 PM
Glad to hear you had a great time!:)

momimouse27
08-27-2007, 12:28 AM
:goodvibes Thanks for the great review! Ever since I booked our trip a couple of months ago, I have been alternately excited and nervous about picking CSR. Not knowing whether we would like the theming and if the resort would be right for us. You have made me feel really excited about our choice-can't wait to get there now!!

marivaid
08-27-2007, 12:43 AM
Thank you for posting ! We'll be at CSR over Christmas and it's so nice to read great reviews like yours.

Buzz'sBetterHalf
08-27-2007, 05:29 AM
Thanks for posting this great review!

Lilolvr
08-27-2007, 07:30 AM
We just got back yesterday from CSR and love the resort and would stay there again.

We arrived around 4:15 using ME. My DH got the rent a car from National and beat us to the hotel by five minutes. Due to luggage it was necessary to for myself, my two sons (ages 9 and 4) and mother to take ME. There was only a few people ahead of us at the registration desk and the CM who was walking around apologized for the wait and ask us if we had any questions. The wait time was less then 5 minutes, however I heard from another guest that 30 minutes later the line was out to the fountain. So we lucked out there.

We got Casita 4. I was happy, but knew it was going to be a longer walk to the Dig Site then I wanted. I asked if there was any other rooms we could get but was told only Rancho 6B for two connecting rooms so we decided to stick with what we were given. The rooms was close to bus stop 2 and the parking lot. We had a parking lot view, which was expected with a standard room, but we weren't right on top of the parking lot. Our room was in the half circle courtyard that faced bus stop 2. However when we got our rooms we had to change our room since someone smoked in my mom's room. The front desk was apolgetic and I told them it wasn't their fault that some inconsiderate person smoked in the room.

After going back a forth trying to get rooms connecting, adjourning or at least a couple of doors from each other we were place in Rancho 7B rooms 7570 and 7569 on the first floor which are not next to each other, but it was fine with us. Our rooms faced Cabana 8A so we were close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4. We loved the location. It was a quick walk to the Dig Site and we had a quite pool right around the corner of our room. Both sets of rooms were clean (besides the smoke smell) and in good condition.

I know alot of people complain about the walk to the Pepper Market but I didn't see it as an issue. One morning walking at a normal speed I left my room at 7:30, went to the Pepper Market to grab a pastry and a drinks for my sons and made it back to my room at 7:50. It wasn't any longer then our walk at POR. I am also not the fastest walker. Numerous times we were asked if we wanted a ride on the courtesy shuttle. My mom and I also walked around the entire resort one day taking pictures. We could see if you got the other buildings in the Ranchos section besides 7B how it could be an issue since they seemed very isolated, but pretty too. Lots of greenery not just sand and rock.

We had no problems with the buses, however we only used them when we went to MK and once for Epcot and used our rental car all other times. We left MK after Wishes one night at park closing and there were only 17 people on the bus. Unlike the All Star bus which was jammed pack. We were always able to get a seat on the bus. The resort is so centralized to everything. DH even commented how close to everything it was. Our longest drive was coming back from AK. It was timing and traffic when we left after the 4:00 parade.

The Dig Site was great and as expected my sons loved the slide. The hot tub was nice and hot and relaxing too. There were not many kids in there and if they were they were with their parents.

We only ate at the Pepper Market a few times, however my mom got her coffee there every morning. We had dinner there our first night and it was great. DH and mom had the prime rib and I had the chicken faitas. It was plenty of food. It is weired that you are limted on what you can get for dessert, but the M&M cookies were good. We had breakfast there twice. I really didn't like the selection of food for breakfast so I just got a pastry. The waffles just came with a topping but not with bacon, however you could get scrambled eggs, potatos, bacon or sausage and a muffin at another station for a similar price. There were no french toast or pancakes available, which I am a fan of. I am particular in my eggs and the scrambled eggs were too wet looking for my taste. We mostly at breakfast in our rooms, breakfast bars, yogort and milk so it was no big deal. I could see how it could be confusing since I was confused at first, but if you look at the menu it tells you where to go for what. ;) Our table attendents were very attentive. Refilled our drinks and even our refillable mugs. The 10% tip didn't bother us since we were on the dining plan.

One night after coming home from Epcot as I was walking up the path I saw this person sitting on a chair from the room smoking on the balcony on the second floor above my mom's room. I called the front desk to report it and security was sent. My DH told me that I was nuts, but I said because of a person like that we had to change rooms (although for the best we feel) and had to wait to start our vacation. It took about 45 mintues to fine new rooms, have the runner come with our new room keys and move to our new room with what luggage we had. When we arrived to our new room the our luggage from ME was right behind us.

I want to thank Buzz for his website once again. It was such a great source of information. I have some pictures so if someone can PM how to post them I will attempt it. Any questions feel free to ask.Great post! Thanks for sharing!! :banana: :thumbsup2 :love:

lustergirl
08-27-2007, 08:11 AM
thanks for sharing and you are just reaffirming that I made the right choice by staying at CSR for our upcoming trip- I am so excited. The resort looks absolutely beautiful- thanks buzz!!

Claire&TheBoys
08-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Thanks for sharing! We're excited to be returning for our second stay at CSR in ONE WEEK!!! :)

NanaDarling
08-27-2007, 11:52 AM
Great review! Happy to hear that the smoking restriction is being inforced (and that you had the courage to speak up!). We will be on our way to CSR in just 31 days. . .I can barely contain my excitement! :cool1:

Buzz2001
08-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Great review! Happy to hear that the smoking restriction is being inforced (and that you had the courage to speak up!). We will be on our way to CSR in just 31 days. . .I can barely contain my excitement! :cool1:Have a great trip!!

G's mommy
08-27-2007, 02:14 PM
We stayed in Ranchos 7B on our last trip and loved the location. I've requested 7B or Cabanas 8A for our next trip.

Guzzi
08-27-2007, 02:48 PM
:surfweb: We stayed in the Coronado Springs resort in July of 2006 and loved the place:banana: The Pepper Market was great, we were on the dining plan and the meals we ate there were awsome!:woohoo: The pool area was great, my kids loved the slide, so I had to go up and down a couple of dozen times:confused3 , but they had fun. My only complaint about the pool was that the water was a little warm. I guess in Florida in the summer the pool water gets a little warm.
We were confused:confused: about the internal shuttle though, it sped past us a couple of times around the resort, I dont know how you would get a ride on it, and when we waited by the Main Pool for the shuttle, it never came. I guess I should have asked a CM for instructions for its use:confused3

We are planning our third trip to disney, (1st stay at Carribean Beach, 2d Coronado) and are looking at other resorts, but I have a feelilng we will choose Coronado Springs again:woohoo:

Buzz2001
08-27-2007, 05:42 PM
:surfweb: We stayed in the Coronado Springs resort in July of 2006 and loved the place:banana: The Pepper Market was great, we were on the dining plan and the meals we ate there were awsome!:woohoo: The pool area was great, my kids loved the slide, so I had to go up and down a couple of dozen times:confused3 , but they had fun. My only complaint about the pool was that the water was a little warm. I guess in Florida in the summer the pool water gets a little warm.
We were confused:confused: about the internal shuttle though, it sped past us a couple of times around the resort, I dont know how you would get a ride on it, and when we waited by the Main Pool for the shuttle, it never came. I guess I should have asked a CM for instructions for its use:confused3

We are planning our third trip to disney, (1st stay at Carribean Beach, 2d Coronado) and are looking at other resorts, but I have a feelilng we will choose Coronado Springs again:woohoo:Thanks for sharing!!

The only carts that pick guests up look like this...
http://i2.tinypic.com/vmtcg8.jpg

All the other carts are for maintenance, housekeeping or bell services.

2BusyPlanning
08-27-2007, 05:49 PM
I love hearing all the great stories from people that stayed at CSR! We have 25 more days, and I'm sure I've made the right choice. I've been to WDW over 30 times, but have never stayed at CSR. I can't wait now! Thanks for the review!

ToyStory
08-27-2007, 06:04 PM
I am glad everyone liked my review.

I am going to work on posting some pictures either tonight or tomorrow. School started today for my oldest and tomorrow for my youngest. Plus going on interviews hasn't given me much time. Need a job to pay for the next trip.

As for the internal shuttles, sometimes they stopped and asked other times they rode right by. If you wait in front at the front entrace of the Dig Site they don't drive by it. However by the side by cabana 8A was where I was consistently asked if I needed a ride. Even security asked one night if I needed a ride.

I would be definately request Ranchos 7B or Cabana 8A if we are to stay at CSR again. I think I prefer Ranchos 7B since the quite pool is right there along with the laundry room. Not that I did laundry, but it was nice to know it was there.

Buzz2001
08-27-2007, 07:44 PM
I am glad everyone liked my review.

I am going to work on posting some pictures either tonight or tomorrow. School started today for my oldest and tomorrow for my youngest. Plus going on interviews hasn't given me much time. Need a job to pay for the next trip.

As for the internal shuttles, sometimes they stopped and asked other times they rode right by. If you wait in front at the front entrace of the Dig Site they don't drive by it. However by the side by cabana 8A was where I was consistently asked if I needed a ride. Even security asked one night if I needed a ride.

I would be definately request Ranchos 7B or Cabana 8A if we are to stay at CSR again. I think I prefer Ranchos 7B since the quite pool is right there along with the laundry room. Not that I did laundry, but it was nice to know it was there.Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

mkross
08-27-2007, 09:05 PM
I thought I might hijack your thread and let everyone know we just returned as well....probably saw you there and didn't even now it!

We arrived at 8:30 am using the ME....loved it. After a very long night of traveling we asked if it might be possible to get a room. Of course, no problem. The staff was wonderful and had us on our way in no time. We were sent to a room in Cabanas 9B on the back side (not facing the main lake). I was fine with this as it was close to El Centro and I had not requested a certain place. When we arrived the room had not been cleaned yet from the departing guests. The maid offerred to make it the next room cleaned, but would take about a half an hour. We were sooo tired, so off to check in again. I explained to the CM and he said "just a moment" and went in the back. Out he comes with two managers. They said that we should have never been sent there. I explained it was fine, I was just wanting a room, any room to rest. They were so nice and gave me room 9607, with two windows facing the main lake. Then they said "THIS IS NOT THE DISNEY WAY" and we are giving you a $50.00 credit to your acct to use anywhere. WOW! I was totally blown away. The pixie dust was already flying our way. We loved the room, the view, how beautiful and quiet it was here. Loved the privacy curtain (why don't all hotels have these?) and the room darkening shades too. My DD14 would spend hours late at night on her cell chatting with her freinds from the hammocks on the beach. It truly felt like vacation from this spot!

The bus service was GREAT! I had to take a couple of other resort buses during the week. It took us 45 minutes to get from Epcot to The Grand Flor. on their bus. Yuck.

We ate at the pepper market three times. The food was good, except for breakfast (although the pecans roll and muffins were very good). I threw away most of it. We did not really use the pool much, but the kids there were having a blast and I really loved the Dig Site. I did not think I would really get any use out of a refillable mug, but went ahead a bought one. I'm really glad I did. It was nice to not pay $2.19 everytime you wanted some lemonaid or a pop, especially poolside. I recommend at least one for your trip.

Wish I would have had the energy for the workout room....it looked really nice.

We had requested a microwave for our room, but it never came.

We left mousekeeping a tip daily and got great service, but never any towel animals. My DD14 was a bit disappointed, but this did not make or break our trip. I did see them in other sections on the Cabanas. Looks like it depends on the mousekeeper. One area had all the same little birds in every window. The shampoos, etc are pretty nice. My DD noticed on the last day that they had shower gel too, but we never got any.

I ordered a case of water from costco and it was there on arrival. This was a very smart move! What we did not use, we gave to the room next door. They were very happy!

We were only asked once if we needed a ride on those cars that come around. They normally just buzzed past you and never looked back. The one time I did flag one down he said he was going the other way. Oh, well.

I had read how you might need to override the AC to keep it on. Never had to do this...stayed nice and cool the entire trip.

We used our DDP snack credits in the gift shop and bought donuts and milk. If you get milk....get it in the gift shop, not the little store. Much better deal in the shop.

Would I stay here again. You bet! I just can't justify paying $250-$400 a night when you spend so much of it away at Disney World. But that's me. My DD14 saw Wilderness Lodge and wanted to jump ship from CSR immediatly. I told her she better marry a rich man! lol. For all those concerned about your choice of resorts.....you need not be......you made a great choice!

Buzz2001
08-28-2007, 07:20 AM
I thought I might hijack your thread and let everyone know we just returned as well....probably saw you there and didn't even now it!

We arrived at 8:30 am using the ME....loved it. After a very long night of traveling we asked if it might be possible to get a room. Of course, no problem. The staff was wonderful and had us on our way in no time. We were sent to a room in Cabanas 9B on the back side (not facing the main lake). I was fine with this as it was close to El Centro and I had not requested a certain place. When we arrived the room had not been cleaned yet from the departing guests. The maid offerred to make it the next room cleaned, but would take about a half an hour. We were sooo tired, so off to check in again. I explained to the CM and he said "just a moment" and went in the back. Out he comes with two managers. They said that we should have never been sent there. I explained it was fine, I was just wanting a room, any room to rest. They were so nice and gave me room 9607, with two windows facing the main lake. Then they said "THIS IS NOT THE DISNEY WAY" and we are giving you a $50.00 credit to your acct to use anywhere. WOW! I was totally blown away. The pixie dust was already flying our way. We loved the room, the view, how beautiful and quiet it was here. Loved the privacy curtain (why don't all hotels have these?) and the room darkening shades too. My DD14 would spend hours late at night on her cell chatting with her freinds from the hammocks on the beach. It truly felt like vacation from this spot!

The bus service was GREAT! I had to take a couple of other resort buses during the week. It took us 45 minutes to get from Epcot to The Grand Flor. on their bus. Yuck.

We ate at the pepper market three times. The food was good, except for breakfast (although the pecans roll and muffins were very good). I threw away most of it. We did not really use the pool much, but the kids there were having a blast and I really loved the Dig Site. I did not think I would really get any use out of a refillable mug, but went ahead a bought one. I'm really glad I did. It was nice to not pay $2.19 everytime you wanted some lemonaid or a pop, especially poolside. I recommend at least one for your trip.

We left mousekeeping a tip daily and got great service, but never any towel animals. My DD14 was a bit disappointed, but this did not make or break our trip. I did see them in other sections on the Cabanas. Looks like it depends on the mousekeeper. One area had all the same little birds in every window. The shampoos, etc are pretty nice. My DD noticed on the last day that they had shower gel too, but we never got any.

I ordered a case of water from costco and it was there on arrival. This was a very smart move! What we did not use, we gave to the room next door. They were very happy!

We were only asked once if we needed a ride on those cars that come around. They normally just buzzed past you and never looked back. The one time I did flag one down he said he was going the other way. Oh, well.

I had read how you might need to override the AC to keep it on. Never had to do this...stayed nice and cool the entire trip.

We used our DDP snack credits in the gift shop and bought donuts and milk. If you get milk....get it in the gift shop, not the little store. Much better deal in the shop.

Would I stay here again. You bet! I just can't justify paying $250-$400 a night when you spend so much of it away at Disney World. But that's me. My DD14 saw Wilderness Lodge and wanted to jump ship from CSR immediatly. I told her she better marry a rich man! lol. For all those concerned about your choice of resorts.....you need not be......you made a great choice!Welcome back and thanks for sharing!! I love these reviews!!

Piglet08
08-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Thanks for sharing!

ToyStory
08-28-2007, 02:17 PM
Okay here is my attempt for photos:

Review from our room 7570, Ranchos 7B. You can see the backside of Cabana 8A

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee94/Mother2jt/IMG_0754.jpg

ToyStory
08-28-2007, 02:22 PM
Interior shots of 7570 (Ranchos section): I have no idea what that spot is on the TV cabinet. It wasn't there when you looked at it. Weird.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee94/Mother2jt/IMG_0752.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee94/Mother2jt/IMG_0751.jpg

ToyStory
08-28-2007, 02:23 PM
Oustide Bar area (this is for you Buzz!)

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee94/Mother2jt/IMG_0759.jpg

ToyStory
08-28-2007, 02:26 PM
Exterior shot of the Rancho section. It is not all rock and sand!

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee94/Mother2jt/IMG_1057.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee94/Mother2jt/IMG_1056.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee94/Mother2jt/IMG_1060.jpg

ToyStory
08-28-2007, 02:28 PM
Some views from the bridge:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee94/Mother2jt/IMG_1090.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee94/Mother2jt/IMG_0758.jpg

ToyStory
08-28-2007, 02:34 PM

Would I stay here again. You bet! I just can't justify paying $250-$400 a night when you spend so much of it away at Disney World. But that's me. My DD14 saw Wilderness Lodge and wanted to jump ship from CSR immediatly. I told her she better marry a rich man! lol. For all those concerned about your choice of resorts.....you need not be......you made a great choice!

Hijack away! I am glad you had a great stay. We did too. CSR is on our return list! We do want to try one day WL after eating at WCC. Maybe our next trip might be a split stay! I changed our reservations from POR to CSR then to the Poly and back to CSR. I don't regret not staying at the Poly.

The resort is beautiful, the staff was friendly and the bus service was wonderful! DH who is a I have to get a rent a car man said to me the other day, "Maybe next trip we can do without the car and just use the bus." That is saying a lot for the bus service we had.

Tinkerbell_Girl
08-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the great photos! :thumbsup2

dizneyluv
08-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Thank you for the pictures! The outside bar picture makes me want to leave now and hang out there!

Take Care

daisy_77
08-28-2007, 04:21 PM
Great review and pictures!:thumbsup2

2BusyPlanning
08-28-2007, 05:50 PM
Thank you for adding the pictures! Now I REALLY can't wait! :banana:

Buzz2001
08-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Great pics!

ToyStory
08-28-2007, 11:36 PM
Your welcome. The next time we go there I am hoping to be able to spend more time enjoying the resort.

Buzz2001
08-29-2007, 11:46 AM
Your welcome. The next time we go there I am hoping to be able to spend more time enjoying the resort.Definitely, CSR has a lot to offer and explore.

jgallant
08-29-2007, 01:41 PM
Those are great pics!
We will be enjoying our first trip to CSR in 7 days!
We have even already packed the kids , we are getting soooo anxious! We were just there in January at the Poly, but ALWAYS EXCITED TO COME BACK "HOME"!!!! And have never stayed at CSR and it looks like we are in for quite a treat! Thanks for everyone's pics and tips and info! Appreciated always!

lustergirl
08-29-2007, 02:09 PM
I can't stress this point enough:

Seeing everyone's pictures and reading their posts including the "great buzz" I am so glad that I am going to CSR for the first time coming up- I am sure that we will surely enjoy ourselves at this resort.

jennib5426
08-29-2007, 02:24 PM
For those of you just back from CSR -

Are they using the new refill mugs of the ones that say CSR?

Can you refill your mug at the pool snack bar?

bnance
08-29-2007, 02:54 PM
Thanks for sharing! We're excited to be returning for our second stay at CSR in ONE WEEK!!! :)

We leave on the exact same day for the same hotel. Hope ya'll have fun!!!

CharleyUK
08-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Hi:)

Thanks for the great reviews and fab pic's :thumbsup2

Quick question for you. With Fransisco's being closed is the outside bar open in the evening?

Getting excited about our trip now

TIA:goodvibes

GlendaO
08-29-2007, 03:10 PM
We loved the room, the view, how beautiful and quiet it was here. Loved the privacy curtain (why don't all hotels have these?) and the room darkening shades too.

Is the privacy curtain for changing? Sorry, haven't seen it in anyone's pics!

DisneyFreaks
08-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Thanks so much for the awesome pictures and reviews. You too mkross! I love reading reports of CSR. Our stay is the end of october and we are over the moon with excitement. Our grown DD is already packing for her family. LoL

disneymoon_0307
08-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the input on your stay. We are staying there for the first time in 20 days and I can't wait. It sounds like we should have a good stay. Thanks for the pictures.

mkross
08-29-2007, 09:27 PM
Regarding the mugs, they are still the CSR mugs and yes, they can be refilled at the pool. Regarding the privicy curtain, it is very heavy and blocks the light well. It is between the bedroom and the sink area and leaves alot of room to get ready in the sink area. I used this while my DD slept and it worked out great.

ToyStory
08-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Hi:)

Thanks for the great reviews and fab pic's :thumbsup2

Quick question for you. With Fransisco's being closed is the outside bar open in the evening?

Getting excited about our trip now

TIA:goodvibes

I took the picture of the bar around 6:00 pm. There was a man playing the steal drums there too. I don't know how late it was open to since that was the only time I was down that way in the evening.

I know the pool bar closed at 7:00 pm, but most likely the outside bar stayed open later.

ToyStory
08-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Regarding the mugs, they are still the CSR mugs and yes, they can be refilled at the pool. Regarding the privicy curtain, it is very heavy and blocks the light well. It is between the bedroom and the sink area and leaves alot of room to get ready in the sink area. I used this while my DD slept and it worked out great.

I only saw the regular size refillable mugs and they were only the CSR ones. The YOMD mugs were not there.

The privacy curtian in our room was a dark brown and blocked the light very well. When it is open it is by the wall near the safe, therfore out of the way. It was great with me getting ready in the morning and mommy having privacy in getting dressed. Much better then trying to get dress in the bathroom after taking a shower.

ToyStory
08-30-2007, 10:59 AM
I can't stress this point enough:

Seeing everyone's pictures and reading their posts including the "great buzz" I am so glad that I am going to CSR for the first time coming up- I am sure that we will surely enjoy ourselves at this resort.

I can totally relate. I was a bit nervous, especially down grading from the Poly, but I really enjoyed our stay here. I had a feeling that I was going to wind up in the Ranchos section so I was obsessive in finding out any information or pictures about it to ease my mind.

Have a great trip!