PDA

View Full Version : How can people complain?!!

michelle1
08-26-2007, 07:42 AM
We stayed a value resort a few years back and had a very nice trip. Since then we have always stayed moderate because the kids like a pool slide and we now spend more time at the resort. I am taking my DD on a short trip in Sept and we are going to stay at POP which I am very excited about thanks to everything I have read here. What I can't understand is the numerous negative reviews about the value resorts and the comparisons to a Motel 6. I booked just last week and got the AAA rate of $65/night. So for that price I am getting picked up at the airport, my bags will be delivered, I will have free transportation my whole trip, the rooms will be basic but clean and well stocked, the hotel will be nicely themed with 3 swimming pools and there will a foodcourt and giftshop right on property? Works for me!!!:) :)

Gotta Love Eeyore
08-26-2007, 07:46 AM
Works for us to, we always stay at the Values. Some folks just like to complain. :confused3

Amyrlin
08-26-2007, 07:54 AM
I think there will always be some people that have genuinely bad experiences, no company, or hotel will get things right 100% of the time. However, I also think there are those who expect too much, or do not know what to expect. I also think some of the criticisms come from people who have not stayed there.

We like either the values or the deluxe hotels, the extra for a mod over a value does not really give that much more value to us, they are both great, the values are more basic with less facilitities, but they are clean and fun.

sandybobandy
08-26-2007, 07:56 AM
I think there will always be some people that have genuinely bad experiences, no company, or hotel will get things right 100% of the time. However, I also think there are those who expect too much, or do not know what to expect. I also think some of the criticisms come from people who have not stayed there.

I couldn't agree more with this statement!

The values have worked VERY well for us over the years. I don't know what kind of Motel 6's these people are staying at, but if they're anything like All Star Movies, then sign me up! lol

maxiesmom
08-26-2007, 08:09 AM
I think part of it is because once people here the name Disney, they have high expectations. Sometimes too high. And the other part is that some people are never satisfied and would find something to complain about, no matter where they stayed.

Yensid_MD
08-26-2007, 08:12 AM
I have stayed at the POP only once, but found it to be just fine. As you can see from my signature I am very used to staying at BCV and BC etc. The hotel room was very clean, the overall resort was nice and the Food Court and Gift Shop were great. Don't worry about all the negatives it is a very nice resort.

bigbabyblues
08-26-2007, 08:21 AM
We also like the value resorts, but everyone is different I guess.

allstarfan707
08-26-2007, 08:25 AM
I am very happy to stay at a value resort. It's really the only way that we can go every year to Disney with the five of us. My kids are happy and that's all that matters to me. I keep telling them that once I start playing the lottery and if I win we'll go deluxe:rotfl: I guess if we didn't go every year we could save for a mod or deluxe. Really the value's are fine. The themeing is cute and the place is clean. Besides...Motel 6 motels always have green pools:scared:

minnie61650
08-26-2007, 08:31 AM
I agree.
We can well afford to stay at any of Disney's deluxe resorts.
DH and I travel several times a year and we have stayed at a lot of 4 star and several 5 star hotels.
So Disney's deluxe resorts are just another hotel/motel to me.
The Disney value resorts are unique.
I love the theming.
When I stay at value I feel like I have stepped into a Disney Movie Fantasyland. No other hotel/motel has ever put as big smile on my face as the All Stars.

I have always felt Disney's value resorts are a total bargain.

When I stay at value resort at Disney I feel I am getting way more than my money's worth.
The grounds , the food court, gift shop ,lobby and my room have always been very clean and well maintained.
When I rise early in the morning there are always groundskeepers working on the landscape.

The pools have always been clean with sparkling water. (We do have a large heated inground pool at home so I know about pool maintence and water clarity)

The main pool is huge and always has plenty of lounges and chairs to sit in and relax by the pool.

The staff has always been very friendly.

I get so many perks (Disney theming, Disney transportation, and EMH)
Any of Disney's resort guests (even those staying at a value or mod) are allowed to shop, dine, use the transportation or spa facilities at any of the Disney Resorts. (Of course pool hopping is not allowed.)

Just my 2 cents

Brise Nannie
08-26-2007, 08:33 AM
The Values work for DH and me too. If I can save money on the room that's more time I get to spend @WDW and more spending money for shopping. DD and family will be staying at AKL during our December trip and we would've loved to have joined them but when I do the math I just couldn't make it work this year. Maybe some trip in the future but for now I'm happy with taking a longer trip. Besides I really enjoy the Disney icons at the Values.

ducklite
08-26-2007, 08:34 AM

We like either the values or the deluxe hotels, the extra for a mod over a value does not really give that much more value to us, they are both great, the values are more basic with less facilitities, but they are clean and fun.

We've stayed at the All Stars three times. The first two we got what we expected. A clean room in reasonable condition with no items in need of repair. Yes it was noisy and no, the decor didn't really float our boat, but we thought that the value was fine.

The last time we stayed there we encountered some terrible guest service issues. We were given the wrong room number and our key cards wouldn't work (I wonder why?) and the desk was less than accomodating in getting the problem resolved. Our VMCP tickets were supposed to be keyed onto our room card and weren't--we found out when we arrived at the MK, and MK guest services had a heck of a time dealing with the All Star CM's to get it fixed. Our non-smoking room had cigarette burn marks all over the carpet and vanity, a torn comforter, and stains on every piece of fabric or carpet in the room. And did I mention the towels and sheets with holes?

Those are inexcusable issues. I can understand that a room might have a stain on a carpet, but WDW should have been mortified to rent a room in the condition that one was in, and the problems with our tickets and being given the wrong room number--she wrote it down, I didn't misunderstand!--were completely guest service issues that we never felt were really dealt with, even when a manager got involved. And for that reason (amongst many others), we never went back.

That said, I think that a lot of people go to WDW with over the top expectations. Everything from towel animals to birthday cakes to upgrades to CL suites seem to be expected. People complain because the room was too small, the pool closed because it was thundering, there wasn't a full service restaurant, there wasn't a food court, the toothpaste was too expensive in the gift shop, you name it. These are all things which are easily researched in advance, or should be expected.

Unfortunately I think that it's human nature to read one story about someone getting an upgrade and expecting that everyone does, as opposed to realizing that for everyone who got an upgrade, 5000 people got exactly what they booked.

Anne

DisneyBugs
08-26-2007, 08:42 AM
We've done all the different levels. Yes, there are some perks that were nice at SSR (like the in-room washer/dryer). But, other than that, all we do is sleep and shower there really... so we can't see spending the xtra $$ for a 'better' hotel. We've done differnt more expensive Disney resorts before based on our travel party's requests, but when it comes down to it, the Value resorts give us what we need, and keeps us on property. The only drawback between the AllStars and Pop, as I understand it, Pop has it's own bus -- when the ASRs all share one.

ntsammy5
08-26-2007, 08:44 AM
I couldn't agree more with this statement!

The values have worked VERY well for us over the years. I don't know what kind of Motel 6's these people are staying at, but if they're anything like All Star Movies, then sign me up! lol

:thumbsup2

We've stayed at many of the Deluxe and a couple of moderates. For the small amount of time we actually spend in the room, the Values are GREAT. Also, people watching in the Food Courts and the pools is amazing.

I love the huge icons all over the Values too. No place better than that to take photos.

All-in-all, the best value at WDW IMHO.

runswithscissors
08-26-2007, 09:09 AM
I stayed at ASMovies once, about 6 years ago. Honestly, it's not my thing; I'm just not into the theming. With that said, I would certainly recommend the resort to friends and family looking for a less expensive place to stay in Disney. The convenience of being on property can't be beat!

mickeysaver
08-26-2007, 09:12 AM
I have stayed at ASMu, POP, CSR, CBR, and soon I will add the Poly to the list. I like the Values just fine. I loved CSR. I hated CBR. I hope to be crazy about the Poly.

In the final analysis, all I have ever required of a hotel room is that it be clean, bug-free, air-conditioned/heated, in a safe area, and have a comfortable bed. Yes, Motel 6 usually meets these requirements and I have spent many a night in one of them. I have also spent many nights in Hiltons, Holiday Inns, DoubleTree's, Hampton Inns, Quality Inns, Comfort Inns, and your basic Mom & Pop.

I refuse to fuss about the Values being that I have spent a lot more money at a higher class establishments and had a far worse experience. If you don't like the amenities, then don't stay there! Maggie

NancyIL
08-26-2007, 09:15 AM
My first on-site stay was at All Star Movies in April 1999, a week after the Toy Story section opened. It was SO cute, that I went back to Movies later that year and stayed in 101 Dalmatians. Since then I've stayed mostly at the Swan or Dolphin, and I admit I'm spoiled by the location and the heavenly beds. I returned to a value resort (Sports) for one night in June 2006 when the S/D was booked, and it was perfectly fine for what I needed.

I'd like to think that I can appreciate a deluxe hotel, while still being content with simpler accommodations.

Quinn222
08-26-2007, 09:33 AM
I've stayed at every level of resort except DVC and had a great time at every one.

minnie61650
08-26-2007, 10:07 AM
We've stayed at the All Stars three times. The first two we got what we expected. A clean room in reasonable condition with no items in need of repair. Yes it was noisy and no, the decor didn't really float our boat, but we thought that the value was fine.

The last time we stayed there we encountered some terrible guest service issues. We were given the wrong room number and our key cards wouldn't work (I wonder why?) and the desk was less than accomodating in getting the problem resolved. Our VMCP tickets were supposed to be keyed onto our room card and weren't--we found out when we arrived at the MK, and MK guest services had a heck of a time dealing with the All Star CM's to get it fixed. Our non-smoking room had cigarette burn marks all over the carpet and vanity, a torn comforter, and stains on every piece of fabric or carpet in the room. And did I mention the towels and sheets with holes?

Those are inexcusable issues. I can understand that a room might have a stain on a carpet, but WDW should have been mortified to rent a room in the condition that one was in, and the problems with our tickets and being given the wrong room number--she wrote it down, I didn't misunderstand!--were completely guest service issues that we never felt were really dealt with, even when a manager got involved. And for that reason (amongst many others), we never went back.

That said, I think that a lot of people go to WDW with over the top expectations. Everything from towel animals to birthday cakes to upgrades to CL suites seem to be expected. People complain because the room was too small, the pool closed because it was thundering, there wasn't a full service restaurant, there wasn't a food court, the toothpaste was too expensive in the gift shop, you name it. These are all things which are easily researched in advance, or should be expected.

Unfortunately I think that it's human nature to read one story about someone getting an upgrade and expecting that everyone does, as opposed to realizing that for everyone who got an upgrade, 5000 people got exactly what they booked.

Anne

I agree.
The condition of your room during your last stay at a value was inexcusable.
Holes in the towels and sheets? That is beyond inexcusable.
Everyone staying at a Disney resort should expect and receive good guest service no matter what level of resort they are staying at.

I also agree about the over the top expectations.
Unfortunately many who frequent these boards read about others who received a little "Pixie Dust" and expect the same.

Just my 2 cents.

blue_eyes5212
08-26-2007, 10:08 AM
I love the values!! They make a disney vacation affordable for those
who otherwise would not be able to go, or they would have to stay offsite (and miss some of the magic, imho).

One day I may splurge and do mod or deluxe, but if I did that now I wouldn't be able to go once a year like I do now!!

jarestel
08-26-2007, 11:33 AM
There are probably more complaints about the deluxe resorts here than the values. Regardless of price though, bad service and/or problems can happen anywhere. Additionally there is a group of people who feel what they prefer is good and all else is bad. As well as those who want what they want and if they don't get it... there's a big problem! It's not too difficult to spot those who post with their own agenda-driven complaints though.

Good luck!

chyam
08-26-2007, 11:44 AM
I have no problem with the value resorts at WDW but I am not crazy about the themeing but then again I am an adult and part of my vacation is wanting the resort to be relaxing, the values simply are not, they are great for people who tend to spend a majority of their time at the parks, but for the ones who want to just relax and enjoy the pools, the values are very busy. They are geared more for the younger families who want to experience the Disney experience at a great value. I would stay value again no problem, but I perfer the mods or the deluxes just for the ambiance and the downtime that I spend there. But let me say that both the mods and the deluxes have their share of problems too. My big thing is if you are spending the kind of money that you do spend at the WDW resorts you do expect a certain level of customer service and cleanliness, and some of the resorts have had issues.

twinspluscade
08-26-2007, 11:58 AM
We stayed a value resort a few years back and had a very nice trip. Since then we have always stayed moderate because the kids like a pool slide and we now spend more time at the resort. I am taking my DD on a short trip in Sept and we are going to stay at POP which I am very excited about thanks to everything I have read here. What I can't understand is the numerous negative reviews about the value resorts and the comparisons to a Motel 6. I booked just last week and got the AAA rate of $65/night. So for that price I am getting picked up at the airport, my bags will be delivered, I will have free transportation my whole trip, the rooms will be basic but clean and well stocked, the hotel will be nicely themed with 3 swimming pools and there will a foodcourt and giftshop right on property? Works for me!!!:) :)

We stayed at POP too, and loved it! We had stayed at a Motel 6 the night before our flight, and believe me, there's no comparison!:lmao: . I think the people who compare the Disney values to Motel 6 have never stayed at a Value OR a Motel 6.;) .

As for all the negative reviews, it seems as if many of those trip review sites always dwell on the negative. If you check tripadviser, for instance, even the deluxe resorts in WDW will have plenty of negative reviews.

kaytieeldr
08-26-2007, 01:40 PM
The last time we stayed there we encountered some terrible guest service issues. We were given the wrong room number and our key cards wouldn't work (I wonder why?) But isn't that better than being given the wrong room number, having the key work... and finding someone asleep in "your" bed? :teeth:

G8r4evr
08-26-2007, 01:53 PM
I have no problem with the value resorts at WDW but I am not crazy about the themeing but then again I am an adult and part of my vacation is wanting the resort to be relaxing, the values simply are not, they are great for people who tend to spend a majority of their time at the parks, but for the ones who want to just relax and enjoy the pools, the values are very busy. They are geared more for the younger families who want to experience the Disney experience at a great value. I would stay value again no problem, but I perfer the mods or the deluxes just for the ambiance and the downtime that I spend there. But let me say that both the mods and the deluxes have their share of problems too. My big thing is if you are spending the kind of money that you do spend at the WDW resorts you do expect a certain level of customer service and cleanliness, and some of the resorts have had issues.

This has been my experience as well. A huge part of my WDW vacation is spending time relaxing at the resorts and the values dont really offer the environment that I am looking for. But for under $100 a night, I can see where they are a great option for families who spend a majority of their time at the parks. My only experience at a value thus far has been ASSports and I found the room to be small, but cute, the resort to be extremely loud and the food court was filthy.

With that being said, I am looking forward to trying both Pop and the ASM Suites in the future!

catherines_mama
08-26-2007, 01:56 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE POP and stay there a lot! I only venture out to mods when there is a code to justify the extra money. Otherwise.. I'd happily stay at POP!

DarthKTrava
08-26-2007, 02:48 PM
I love the values!! They make a disney vacation affordable for those
who otherwise would not be able to go, or they would have to stay offsite (and miss some of the magic, imho).

One day I may splurge and do mod or deluxe, but if I did that now I wouldn't be able to go once a year like I do now!!

That would be me. If it wasn't for value resorts (and tax refunds!), I would have to stay off-site and miss out on the perks that staying on-site would get you.... The only way I'd be able to stay deluxe would be IF I won that huge Powerball.....

I liked the theming at Pop last year and hope I like the theming at Sports this year.... I wasn't too thrilled with the darker "tone" of Poly when we went there for 'Ohana. Maybe if I'd seen one of the rooms there.... :shrug:

BigGreen73
08-26-2007, 02:52 PM

Have fun at Pop. We have stayed there 3 times and will make it 4 in May 2008. We love Pop for all the reasons you stated, we don't spend a ton of time at the resort so Pop is perfect for us.

Why to people complain? Because it is in their nature. It's easier to find fault than to compliment. :cool2:

skipperkim
08-26-2007, 03:14 PM
I stayed at Pop back in Dec 04. We waited 45 min for a bus to MGM one night. It's not that far round trip, so I don't know what was going on. While we didn't use the pool we would have used a fridge had we had one. That's why I stay at a moderate. I need a fridge and a hot tub. I've stayed at every level WDW has to offer, other than concierge. I've found out I'm a moderate girl. I want shelter above my head when waiting on a bus at the resort. That's why WDW has so many choices, there's something for everyone.

jmlaw
08-26-2007, 03:28 PM
We have stayed at AKL, CR and ASMu in the recent past and are going back to CR next August. My personal preference is to go to WDW every two years and then splurge and stay at one of the Deluxes. ASMu is exactly what I expected, it was clean, and comfortable, but just not my cup of tea. It is just a personal preference. (I also no longer have little ones with me, my DS is 15, might have been different 10 years ago.) I work hard to save my money to go on vacation, when I get there I like the extra pampering I get at the deluxe resorts.

Again, just my preference, but we also don't go every year. In our off Disney years we do different types of trips and they are generally less expensive than Disney.

goin2disneyagain
08-26-2007, 03:38 PM

This statement is so true. That being said, I don't have any complaints about the value resorts but I prefer the moderates or deluxes.

Pig Pen
08-26-2007, 04:13 PM
We own DVC and have stayed at deluxes, moderates, and values. For the price, a value at WDW is definitely a VALUE for all the reasons you mention. If I had to choose between a deluxe off-site and a value on-site...the VALUE wins every time.

binky
08-26-2007, 05:41 PM
And the other part is that some people are never satisfied and would find something to complain about, no matter where they stayed.

Well said! :thumbsup2

chickenskin
08-26-2007, 05:53 PM
I think part of it is because once people here the name Disney, they have high expectations. Sometimes too high. And the other part is that some people are never satisfied and would find something to complain about, no matter where they stayed.

Right on the mark, people have astronomical expectations of Disney Resorts, and when those expectations aren't met they instantly lash out even if the overall experience was positive. It's not just about the resort or the room but the overall Disney experience, you've got to let yourself be immersed in it.

bytheblood
08-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Works for us to, we always stay at the Values. Some folks just like to complain. :confused3

It is not that people just like to complain. :rolleyes:

I have never returned home from ANY vacation and complained about my hotel stay, but I would if I spent a night in a value.

The paper-thin walls at the values are not conducive for a good night's sleep, which I want when I am getting up at 6 AM and I prefer not to wait 4 or 5 busses at park closing to get back to my room. If I want to relax at my resort, then I want something enjoyable as part of my surroundings. I won't get that at a value either. :) You get what you pay for and I prefer a little more. Some people are happy with Motel 6, I would prefer Marriott or DoubleTree. :thumbsup2 To each his own.

I find that those who are quick to judge and categorize everybody else are truly the biggest complainers. ;)

cheerforchelsea
08-26-2007, 05:58 PM
I have never stayed at a Disney Resort that I would compare to a Motel 6 - I have no problem at all with the Value Resorts But I do enjoy a few of the extras at the moderate and deluxe resorts. As long as I am "going to see Mouse" and staying on-site I will stay in any of the resorts.:laughing:

bytheblood
08-26-2007, 06:04 PM
I have never stayed at a Disney Resort that I would compare to a Motel 6 - I have no problem at all with the Value Resorts But I do enjoy a few of the extras at the moderate and deluxe resorts. As long as I am "going to see Mouse" and staying on-site I will stay in any of the resorts.:laughing:

:laughing: Well, that was not exactly what I meant. I was really just going outside of Disney and stating that while some just want a place to lay their head, others want a little more. Everybody has a right to like what they do and stay where they can afford, but those who do not like the value resorts and those who complain about them have every right to that opinion. It is their own money that is paying for the trip after all. :thumbsup2 And to categorize everybody who complains about their stay at a value as "a complainer who would complain about anything" is EXTREMELY narrow-minded. ;)

maxiesmom
08-26-2007, 06:30 PM

I have never returned home from ANY vacation and complained about my hotel stay, but I would if I spent a night in a value.

The paper-thin walls at the values are not conducive for a good night's sleep, which I want when I am getting up at 6 AM and I prefer not to wait 4 or 5 busses at park closing to get back to my room. If I want to relax at my resort, then I want something enjoyable as part of my surroundings. I won't get that at a value either. :) You get what you pay for and I prefer a little more. Some people are happy with Motel 6, I would prefer Marriott or DoubleTree. :thumbsup2 To each his own.

I find that those who are quick to judge and categorize everybody else are truly the biggest complainers. ;)

If you night sleep is disturbed, then you would have a right to complain. I know I am not exactly a happy person when I don't get enough sleep. But there are some people who could stay at the most deluxe resort there is and still find something to complain about. I wasn't judging anyone. There are people who like to complain, and that is a fact. I never lumped all people who stay at values and don't like it as complainers.

michelle1
08-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Oh my..I never started this thread to be a value vs mod vs deluxe debate and to categorize people who complain. There will always be a bad experience or two at any hotel but I might not have expressed my orginal thought well...I was basically trying to say what a great VALUE the values really are for the money in comparison to other non disney hotels I have stayed in. Disney resorts are like the Disney restaurants...different experiences for everyone!

darlak
08-26-2007, 07:53 PM
I've stayed at values, moderates and deluxes. At this point in my life, my choice is to go once a year and stay at a moderate or deluxe or go twice or more a year and stay at a value. Thinking about it that way makes my decision easy.

I've read all of the posts in this thread, so I realize that I am the minority here, but I'll say it anyway. I've stayed at a few Motel 6's and never had a problem. (You do know they leave the light on for you, right?) So that comparison doesn't bother me in the least. I would even say that I probably agree that Disney's value resorts are very similar to what a Motel 6 would be if it were completely Disney themed. I guess I just don't think that's so terrible.

For those who stay at moderates or deluxes, I guess that you either have way more money than me (which is fine, by the way), or you place a higher value on the amenities available to you by staying there (which is also fine). I'm just happy that Disney does such a great job of making resorts for every budget and desired comfort level available. The thing I really don't understand is why on earth anyone cares where other people stay. (Not you OP, I agree with you completely!)

pta-mom
08-26-2007, 09:00 PM
I think some people just like to complain...no other reason than it feels good to them to do so!

..............do not flame me..........I am obviously not talking about YOU!

minnie61650
08-26-2007, 09:19 PM

I agree.
I have no idea why people refer to a value as Motel 6 because a Motel 6 is a low end budget resort . I might compare a Disney value to a very nice Comfort Inn, Quality Inn or Holiday Inn but never a Motel 6 or Red Roof Inn or any budget type of motel.
Gee ,when the new Disney Western Way Development adds their budget motels maybe they will have some real Motel 6's -- then maybe the values will be valued for the extra perks they really have.
JMHO

bytheblood
08-26-2007, 09:24 PM
If you night sleep is disturbed, then you would have a right to complain. I know I am not exactly a happy person when I don't get enough sleep. But there are some people who could stay at the most deluxe resort there is and still find something to complain about. I wasn't judging anyone. There are people who like to complain, and that is a fact. I never lumped all people who stay at values and don't like it as complainers.

That is fair enough. Point well taken. :)

minnie61650
08-26-2007, 09:28 PM

The paper-thin walls at the values are not conducive for a good night's sleep, which I want when I am getting up at 6 AM ....

Just an FYI:

Actually the walls at the values are no thinner than the walls at any of the Disney mods .

I stay at the values quite often and have never had an issue with noise.

The noise issues come with :

1. The main pool is located very close to some of the value rooms.

The themed pools at the mods and deluxes are set away from the rooms.

Tip: Ask for a room facing away or located a ways from the main pool.

2. Turbo toilets

The Values are newer and have the turbo toilets.
Other Disney resorts that have the turbo toilets include SSR, AKL ,and OKW.

Tip: Close your bathroom door at night because noise travels through the plumbing.

3. Connecting rooms

About 50% of the value rooms have connecting doors.

Noise will travel under the connecting doors in a room.

Tip: If you have noisy neighbors open your connecting door and place a rolled up bath towel on the floor between then close and lock your connecting door.

These tips should help you get a restful sleep wherever you choose to stay.

Have fun at Disney! :wizard:

Tink3Belle
08-27-2007, 10:29 AM
I think they are great and the price is right, you can't get a hotel anywhere in the US for under $100. and they aren't 1/2 as good as Disney.

dizneyluv
08-27-2007, 11:04 AM
that ASMo was better than Motel 6. We had a view of a pine grove and the grounds were well cared for and not the concrete jungle I expected. The rooms were comfortable and the pools and food court much better than any Motel 6 I've ever seen!

The kids (especially the youngest) thought the resort itself was an attraction.

We are headed to CSR next time more for us, wanting to experience different resorts and themes.

MinnieSummer
08-27-2007, 11:28 AM
I've stayed at all levels of Disney Resorts and I agree that no hotel is going ot get it right 100% of the time so I believe in the three strikes and your out rule. I will give a resort three stays to get it right and then never again. That is why I don't stay at the All Stars anymore. I will stay at POP though, never had a problem there at all. I actually ignored my rule and stayed a fourth time at AS and it was so bad that WDW refunded my money (it was only one night but it was beyond terrible). In fact we were trying to go up this weekend and the only value room we could get was at ASSp so we're not going. GF is on my three strikes list as well but it still has one more chance so we'll see. It's not that I expect too much it's that I expect what I pay for.

LittleLebowski
08-27-2007, 11:56 AM

could not agree more!!!! Expectations are soooo high they lose sight of things.

DAniece
08-27-2007, 12:24 PM
We stayed at POP too, and loved it! We had stayed at a Motel 6 the night before our flight, and believe me, there's no comparison!:lmao: . I think the people who compare the Disney values to Motel 6 have never stayed at a Value OR a Motel 6.;) .

As for all the negative reviews, it seems as if many of those trip review sites always dwell on the negative. If you check tripadviser, for instance, even the deluxe resorts in WDW will have plenty of negative reviews.

People in general are much more likely to respond or talk about negative things than positive things. When we're at WDW, we try to talk to other guests about what is GOOD not what's bad.

EG

A Mickeyfan
08-27-2007, 06:50 PM
I have stayed at every Value resort many times and do still plan on staying at them, but you ask how someone can complain. Please click on this link and you will see the pictures that I took on my June 2007 trip while staying at the All Star Sports resort. Please take a good look at the bedspread, drapes and towels.. then tell me how someone cannot complain. By the way, Disney Managment did agree with me and once viewing my pictures, they refunded me a portion of my 2 week stay. So sometimes some honest information given to them helps them as well as you, the guest. I don't know about all of you, but I do not expect torn linens in the room.

http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/amickeyfan/AS%20Sports%20June%202007/

Yes, I did have a very large thread on this back in June.. I just felt that this belonged here as well since the question was how can someone complain.. this is how.. and this is why....

disneyfan67
08-27-2007, 07:39 PM
I have seen many debates on this subject and it sometimes feels to me if you voice negative concerns or have complaints, then you get labeled by the "super fans". I love Disney (as my screen name indicates) but I refuse to sugar coat or give Disney a free pass when I encounter problems. My take on it is, if I didn't care about WDW or Disney in general, I wouldn't be voicing my concerns on this board. For the overall price that Disney charges for you to stay at WDW resorts and visit their parks, expectations should be high. After all the Disney corp is the one who set them that high in the first place. The more you speak out and voice legitimate problems/concerns, the better it may be for the future guest. By just swallowing everything bad Disney does and doing it with a smile because it's Disney, lets them get away with stuff a normal business could never do to it's customers. Thank you sir, may I have another, won't cure things when they start going bad.

BTW, when I talk about high expectations, I'm not talking about towel animals, birthday greetings, or free upgrades either. I have rarely received any of those things and still had great trips.

Pigsty333
08-27-2007, 08:39 PM
BTW, when I talk about high expectations, I'm not talking about towel animals, birthday greetings, or free upgrades either. I have rarely received any of those things and still had great trips.

I agree. I just had a group of 30 stay at All Star Sports, right after amickeyfan's stay and that was also a nightmare. Everyone got in and checked in, only to find that their rooms were not ready (this is after 3:00PM) and they were still waiting in the lobby at 11:00 PM at night. Out of the entire group, only one adult was comped a comp ticket to a water park, in front of everyone else. They were issued park passes, which were expired and were not delivered until later that night, minus one family. They swore up and down that the tickets had been signed for and that the tour group rep had taken them. Thank god she kept good records and was able to prove they were not given to her. Where were they - the manager at the hotel had misplaced them but no one wanted to admit to it, so they put the blame with the guests.

So, this family lost out on going out on their first day at the park with the rest of the group. Not happy campers.

Also, they have still not straightened out the fact that they debited two credit cards for the same room (and have still not reimbursed the family).

District Managers have been contacted and letters have been sent, which they requested everyones names, reservation number and dates of stay. They stated it would take abou 6 weeks to check it all out.

Not a way to handle your business. So, complain, yes because no matter where you stay, you expect service and not be treated like cattle, which is what I see is being done right now.

lookingforward
08-27-2007, 08:46 PM
I think reasonable complaints are important. Feedback is vital.

mickey2000
08-27-2007, 08:57 PM
:thumbsup2

We've stayed at many of the Deluxe and a couple of moderates. For the small amount of time we actually spend in the room, the Values are GREAT. Also, people watching in the Food Courts and the pools is amazing.

I love the huge icons all over the Values too. No place better than that to take photos.

All-in-all, the best value at WDW IMHO.

I agree 100% Iv'e tried the othrs and prefer POP. As you can see my last 3 visits :cool1: