PDA

View Full Version : Will they do the dining plan for a split stay?

Samsma
08-25-2007, 09:11 PM
Hi! I'm thinking about splitting between the Poly and BC next June. Can I still do the dining plan, or will I have to make two packages, two sets of tickets, etc.?

Seahunt
08-25-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm not sure about next year, but this year (2007) you did have to book the two packages, two tickets, etc. to get the DDP with a split stay :)

To help save $$$ on the package requirement of at least a 1 day base ticket per package, some people posted that they would get the ticket they needed for the entire stay with the first ressie and then would just get a one day base ticket for the second ressie (or vice versa, depending on how they were splitting their stays) since it's much cheaper to add days to the ticket (i.e. a 10 day is not much more than a 7 day).

In other words, if they were staying 3 nights at one resort and then 3 nights at another, when making their res instead of getting a 3 day ticket for each package (@ $203 for 1st pkg + $203 2nd pkg = $406) on the first pkg they would get the 6 day @ $217.00 and then just a 1 day for the 2nd pkg @$71.

They said then they would save the one day base tickets to use toward new tickets the next time they bought tickets.

Those are just examples. You would have to price it out to see which way would work out to be less $$$ for you. :goodvibes

Samsma
08-26-2007, 06:26 AM
Trouble is, I've got an annual pass. I think I'd probably be spending more on tickets than it would actually save me in dining. I'd have to buy a 4 one day tickets for the Poly and four one day tickets for the BC portion of our trip if I'm understanding right.

Seahunt
08-26-2007, 11:39 PM
Oh yeah, AP yikes! :eek: If there are 4 of you, you would have to get 4 one day base tickets for the first stay/package, and 4 one day base tickets for the 2nd stay/package PLUS you couldn't use any AP room only rates since you'd have to book as a package...
the only good thing would be that you could still save the tickets to use toward everyone's next ticket purchase :) .

I think the only way around having to get the base tickets in a package to be able to get the DDP is to be staying on points at a DVC resort.

Pumbaa_
08-27-2007, 01:55 PM
The PP are correct, DDP is available as part of a package only and not available to add to a room only ressie with the exception of DVC resorts when staying on points.

You can purchase the DDE card though. That 20% savings would add up and may be a better value for you,