PDA

View Full Version : question about POFQ - magical express - etc

battricia
08-25-2007, 10:08 AM
Hello! I am leaving in 10 days for Port Orleans French Quarter!! I have a question though. We'll be putting the yellow tags on the bags that will be checked so they go straight to the resort. My question is - it is very likely that we will also have a carry on bag. Is there a place we can keep the carryon bag while we go out to the parks - I think we might arrive too early to get our room, hopefully not but it is a definate possibility. So can we keep the bag with the bell service or something? I don't think we'll be putting anything too valueble in there but is there safe place to keep our bag until we get the room? And what is the procedure for doing that?

Thanks!
tricia.

PoohBear
08-25-2007, 10:31 AM
We have left our carry-ons with the POR bell services several times when our room was not ready yet. We asked them to send the bag to the room when our others arrived. And of course we tipped them for doing this.

battricia
08-25-2007, 10:43 AM
Thanks! Do they bring bags when you are not in the room? And if so, how do we tip them? especially if we don't get a room number by the time we check in (-get our passes and go have fun!). Should we just tip them at the station?

tricia.

PoohBear
08-26-2007, 03:28 PM
We had the front desk handle the arrangements for us once when we did not know our room number yet.
The front desk does know which room number you will be going to, they will not tell you that because they do not want you going to the room and trying to rush the other guests out. They had bell services come out and get the bags and we tipped them there. When we got back from the parks, we stopped by the front desk to get new room keys and our room number. They told us our bags were already delivered to the room. :)

skipperkim
08-26-2007, 05:22 PM
We stayed at POFQ last year and used ME. We left our carry ons with bell services. We tipped them for the carry ons only since they are being tipped separately for the other luggage.

CleveRocks
08-26-2007, 06:54 PM
The DME service INCLUDES the in-bound bell service tip. That means the person bringing your checked DME luggage to your room is getting a tip from his/her employer, and knows that you have been notified that this is the case. Therefore, no one is going untipped, and you are not going to be branded a cheapskate.

If you have Bell Services bring your stored carry-ons to your room ... yes, a tip would be appropriate.

I Believe n Fairies
08-26-2007, 07:18 PM
We were there last week. We thought we would run into the same problem, but was surprised to find out our room was ready upon arrival. We checked in about 10:30 am and were excited to go straight to our room. So, it may not be an issue, but in case it is, the luggage storage people are great and very helpful.

Have a great trip. We LOVED POFQ. :love: This was our first time to stay there and we will stay there again on our next trip.:woohoo: