PDA

View Full Version : Can I give someone my parking pass?

dijid
08-25-2007, 09:52 AM
We leave in 3 days (!) for a week long stay at the CR. WE will not have a rental car. Last night my brother booked a room at Shades of Green for 3 nights of our stay. It is pure coincidence/luck that he will be in FL and on leave while we are there - especially since it may be another year before we are able to see him again.

Anyways...to the point...can I give him my CR parking pass so that he can drive over to the resort the mornings he is there and then we take park transportation together? This would be preferred over meeting him at the park or having him go to the MK and then to the CR.

Thanks.

Mickiethepooh
08-25-2007, 09:57 AM
From what I recall they write your license plate number on the pass when they first give it to you. So I am not sure it would work.

maxiesmom
08-25-2007, 10:00 AM
They will only give you a parking pass if you have a car. They do not hand them out to everyone who checks in. And you also have to give them your license plate number. So the answer is no.

fairestoneofall
08-25-2007, 10:14 AM
Well, you can only get a parking pass if you have a car. So, you'd have to lie at check-in since you won't have a car with you. :sad2:

But no, they do not always ask for your license plate. At least, they didn't ask for mine earlier this month at CBR. It was printed out before she even asked me if I had a car with me. :confused3

Honestly though, it would be more trouble than it's worth. Your brother could just take the SOG shuttle to the TTC and meet you there. The shuttle from SOG to TTC runs regularly all day. And you could hop the monorail from CR to TTC and meet him there quite easily. :) Easy solution and does not require any dishonesty.

disneyscuba
08-25-2007, 10:31 AM
My older brother lives in FL and he comes by the resort we are staying at a couple times when we are there. When I check in I ask if I can have a extra parking pass for him. Never have had a problem getting him one. Was just there in June and didn't have a problem.

So just get one and give it to your bother.

Later,

DisneyScuba

Traveliz
08-25-2007, 10:39 AM
I have never had them ask for my license number or write it down. And right now I have two parking passes in my car from last week.

But I also agree - just ask at the desk - they will most likely just give you one for him.

Liz

AJKMOM
08-25-2007, 10:55 AM
My older brother lives in FL and he comes by the resort we are staying at a couple times when we are there. When I check in I ask if I can have a extra parking pass for him. Never have had a problem getting him one. Was just there in June and didn't have a problem.

So just get one and give it to your bother.

Later,

DisneyScuba

Things might work differently at the Contemporary since it's so close to the Magic Kingdom?

mickaholic4077
08-25-2007, 11:46 AM
I say just ask for a parking pass. Before you go,ask your brother what his license plate number is so you can give the CM that number if they ask for one. If he's doing a rental,just tell them that your car is a rental and you have no idea what the number is.

rcraw45425
08-25-2007, 11:49 AM
CR parking is at a premium right now with the construction/demolition at the North Wing. They have closed off that parking pretty much entirely. When we stayed there in May we had to scramble to find a place in the front self park. There is parking over by the south wing but for the life of me we could never find the entrance. :( Maybe you could say that you don't have a car but your brother will be providing transportation. You may also want to post this on the transportation board, I think tht some of the posters there are WDW employees, maybe they can answer. ANother option would be to call the resort and ask.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
08-25-2007, 12:34 PM
We leave in 3 days (!) for a week long stay at the CR. WE will not have a rental car. Last night my brother booked a room at Shades of Green for 3 nights of our stay. It is pure coincidence/luck that he will be in FL and on leave while we are there - especially since it may be another year before we are able to see him again.

Anyways...to the point...can I give him my CR parking pass so that he can drive over to the resort the mornings he is there and then we take park transportation together? This would be preferred over meeting him at the park or having him go to the MK and then to the CR.

Thanks.I am sorry to tell you that this can not be done. My family and I were staying at the Contemporary earlier this month and they have changed the rules with the Resort parking passes. The Resort parking passes now say the name of the guest who booked the reservation there and when you return they match the name on the pass, to the names on you're KTTW cards. Since you're brother is not staying at the Contemporary he would not have a KTTW card, so it would not work.

I Love Pluto
08-25-2007, 12:49 PM
We stayed at Pop last month. My name was on my parking pass.

dijid
08-25-2007, 01:22 PM
Thanks. I'll know not to expect to be able to do this, but it can't hurt to ask. Worst they can say is no!