PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone booked a Grand Floridian photo session?

sheilag
08-25-2007, 07:22 AM
I'm curious to know if others have had the experience, and how it went. Please share any experiences and/or tips.

sheilag
08-26-2007, 05:19 AM
I take it no one has done this yet? Apparently, you can load it onto your Disney photopass. I was just curious to see if it worked well... guess I'll be a guinea pig on this one.

Disneyaunt4
08-26-2007, 06:13 AM
WHen are you going? I will be very interested to hear how it was.

sandybobandy
08-26-2007, 06:51 AM
Nope, but I plan to do it for our trip next month. Looking forward to it :)

*WDW*Groupie*
08-26-2007, 08:03 AM
We have one booked for Thursday before our dinner at Narcoossee's:banana: :banana: . Still a bit confused about how this works, but I will find out soon enough!!!!

Leigha
08-26-2007, 08:08 AM
I'm confused on the price. Is it about $45 and then of course add the cost of the photo pass on top of that??

bradk
08-26-2007, 08:20 AM
there have been reports that if you pre-order the photoCD for $100 and bring evidence of such, they'll waive the $50 fee

Tinkerbell_Tiffany
08-26-2007, 08:23 AM
anyone have more info? number?

bradk
08-26-2007, 08:36 AM
from my photopass primer at http://www.stitchkingdom.com/photopass :

NEW! You can now arrange for a private photo session with a Disney PhotoPass photographer at the Grand Floridian Resort. The session includes around 40 photos taken around the picturesque resort and its beach. Pricing is either $49.95 for a PhotoPass card containing your photos which can then be added to your disneyphotopass.com account or $124.95 which will get you a PhotoCD with your images. If you choose to get the PhotoCD, you can save your receipt and CD and exchange it later on during your vacation for a new PhotoCD containing all of your PhotoPass images. The only catch is you won't be able to make enhancements to any of the photos. The only way to be able to make enhancements without purchasing another PhotoCD product is to buy the $49.95 package and then add it to your PhotoPass account online. Call 407-824-1700 to make arrangements or for additional information

Note: It's been reported that if you pre-order the PhotoCD via the link below for $99.95 and bring proof, the sitting fee will be waived.

juttawdw
08-26-2007, 09:07 AM
I just booked it, when you pre purchased the photo pass cd, you get the shoot for free.

Tinkerbell_Tiffany
08-26-2007, 10:39 AM
just booked it! yay!

lisaj
08-26-2007, 02:51 PM
I just booked it, when you pre purchased the photo pass cd, you get the shoot for free.

Hi when you phoned did you just tell them your pre-payment code to book? I have already got my code but not yet booked a photo session. How far in advance can you book? Might give them a ring next week. :goodvibes

renessa
08-26-2007, 03:07 PM
When I booked they told me that they were only booking a month out, but let me book Sept 26 around Aug 20. So maybe all of Sept??

They didn't ask me for my pre-purchase code, but I'm going to print the email and bring it with me in case I need it.

js
08-26-2007, 08:33 PM
Can anyone please tell me can you request and actual date/time for your photoshoot? My mother is taking my dd to Disney next August for her 8th grade graduation gift and staying Concierge at the GF.

My mother doesn't remember or take lots of pictures and I think this would be great for them while there.

If I can request the specific date/time, I could request this for a "down" day.

Thank you very much.

Skylarr29
08-26-2007, 09:02 PM
Can anyone please tell me can you request and actual date/time for your photoshoot? My mother is taking my dd to Disney next August for her 8th grade graduation gift and staying Concierge at the GF.

My mother doesn't remember or take lots of pictures and I think this would be great for them while there.

If I can request the specific date/time, I could request this for a "down" day.

Thank you very much.

Yes, you do schedule a specific date and time.

mom2taylorandemily
08-26-2007, 09:13 PM
I think I need to do this for my trip at Christmas, it would definitely make a great Christmas Card picture. Is the preorder CD just a test item or is it going to be around for a while, because I'd like to go on and order it now for my trip in Dec.

RNR&TOT
08-27-2007, 12:54 AM
I'm thinking of doing this in January -- does anyone know what time the first appointment in the morning is? I would love to do this BEFORE the parks open one day.

madenon
08-27-2007, 05:05 AM
JS; yes it's on appointment.

RNR&TOT; the first option they offered me for my trip (only 8 more days to go) was ANYtime I liked, starting from 8.00 am and not mentioning an ending time for the evening. At that point they only had a 7 pm appointment for the day I wanted, so I was free to pick whatever I liked.

aj2hall
08-27-2007, 06:28 AM
I just called for our Dec trip and they're not booking appointments yet. The CM suggested I call back in 3-4 weeks.

Matthews4Disney
08-27-2007, 09:43 AM
Does anyone know where they might be taking the pictures? How are you planning to dress your kids - would you go casual or dressy? Maybe a simple white dress for girls and a white polo and khaki shorts for boys? What do you think? I might go ahead and pre-pay for the Photopass CD b/c I know we are going to get it anyway. That way I could get this photo session hopefully for no additional charge. Has anyone confirmed on the phone with a CM that they waive the shoot fee if you have that receipt? Thanks in advance for any advice/info!

madenon
08-27-2007, 09:54 AM
Matthew; they shoot on the ground of GF or if it rains; inside GF. I was told to come about 15 minutes early, so we could discuss where we wanted to take the pics etc. She mentioned the beach, staircase, garden etc. as options.

She told me to wear whatever I liked, but that stripes, polkadots, busy prints etc. wouldn't come out as nice. Also she found that casual dressing looked the best with the GF/GF ground as background, but again she assured me to wear whatever I prefer.

They've confirmed me exactly what you want to know. I pre purchaged the photopass cd and I was told this was not a problem, it could be put on there without any costs, but I was to bring a print of the email for them to be sure I was paying in one way or another. (in this case by pre-paying) This way you can also still edit the other pics from the parks etc. which you wouldn't be able to if you bought the photopass-cd right then and there at the GF.

The girl I talked to was very nice about it all, very enthousiastic and very helpfull. Without me asking she even went as far as to tell me how to get to the GF in the quickest way from CBR (where I'll be staying), how to get to their desk etc.

So in a way it's a free bonus as long as you allready planned to get the cd! Allthough if you ask me, it's a very smart way to lure people who were doubtfull about buying a photopass-cd into now buying one.

I think your idea for dressing the kids sounds great. Allthough the white shirt might be asking for it with a 16 months year old. Even if you change him right then and there, they'll find a way to get some durt on it somehow. Maybe change that to a nice shade of blue? As far as I can see from your avatar blue does suit him. Also I would think about dressing them in something that'll look nice on the pic, but the can also wear at the park if you plan on hitting them afterwards. Saves you a trip to your home-resort. With small kids you'll be carrying one set of change anyway, no need to make it 2 because you dress them all up and you lugging them around a park and being carefull not to get durt on them or wrinkles in it.

Matthews4Disney
08-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Matthew; they shoot on the ground of GF or if it rains; inside GF. I was told to come about 15 minutes early, so we could discuss where we wanted to take the pics etc. She mentioned the beach, staircase, garden etc. as options.

She told me to wear whatever I liked, but that stripes, polkadots, busy prints etc. wouldn't come out as nice. Also she found that casual dressing looked the best with the GF/GF ground as background, but again she assured me to wear whatever I prefer.

They've confirmed me exactly what you want to know. I pre purchaged the photopass cd and I was told this was not a problem, it could be put on there without any costs, but I was to bring a print of the email for them to be sure I was paying in one way or another. (in this case by pre-paying) This way you can also still edit the other pics from the parks etc. which you wouldn't be able to if you bought the photopass-cd right then and there at the GF.

The girl I talked to was very nice about it all, very enthousiastic and very helpfull. Without me asking she even went as far as to tell me how to get to the GF in the quickest way from CBR (where I'll be staying), how to get to their desk etc.

So in a way it's a free bonus as long as you allready planned to get the cd! Allthough if you ask me, it's a very smart way to lure people who were doubtfull about buying a photopass-cd into now buying one.

I think your idea for dressing the kids sounds great. Allthough the white shirt might be asking for it with a 16 months year old. Even if you change him right then and there, they'll find a way to get some durt on it somehow. Maybe change that to a nice shade of blue? As far as I can see from your avatar blue does suit him. Also I would think about dressing them in something that'll look nice on the pic, but the can also wear at the park if you plan on hitting them afterwards. Saves you a trip to your home-resort. With small kids you'll be carrying one set of change anyway, no need to make it 2 because you dress them all up and you lugging them around a park and being carefull not to get durt on them or wrinkles in it.

Thank you for all of the great info! I am trying to determine which day I should make the appt. for and then I will call tomorrow. I really appreciate all of the details you gave me. Now to plan what they will wear! You're right, blue looks great on DS b/c his eyes are blue...and they would both be dirty fast in all white for sure! :rotfl: Are you doing kids only or are you planning to be in some of the pictures, too? I wonder if there is an extra charge if mom and dad are in some of the pics too? This will make a great souvenir. We are remodeling a house right now (moving this weekend - yay!) and our foyer has a Disney theme. We are going to have lots Disney vacation vacation photos, so it sounds like these GF would be beautiful enlarged and framed for our foyer! :goodvibes

sandybobandy
08-27-2007, 04:31 PM
I got just about the same information as posted above-arrive 15 minute early, solid colors look best, we can do pics inside or out depending on weather.

I scheduled ours for 6pm and the CM said that was a great time as it'll be dusk and the outdoor pictures should look awesome.

So excited!!

It'll just be me and my husband. We'll probably do most together shots but some individual.

Matthews4Disney
08-27-2007, 04:34 PM
I got just about the same information as posted above-arrive 15 minute early, solid colors look best, we can do pics inside or out depending on weather.

I scheduled ours for 6pm and the CM said that was a great time as it'll be dusk and the outdoor pictures should look awesome.

So excited!!

It'll just be me and my husband. We'll probably do most together shots but some individual.

GREAT! I am excited to hear that isn't just for kids. I'm thinking some family photos will be awesome. Do you know if there is a price difference depending on how many people are in the photos? We will have two in some, four in others. Also, thanks for the tip about dusk. How pretty!

madenon
08-27-2007, 04:34 PM
Kids only would be a bit hard for me to do, unless I rented somebodies kids. :lmao: I haven't got any kids and this is a solo-trip so this photosession will be a totall ego-trip. ;)

If you want some of the kids alone and some of the family (how about a couple of only you and partner? Moms and dads tend to forget those but years from now you'll love these couple-pics and so will the kids), that should be fine within the amount of frames they shoot. Afterall, if you can pick the different backgrounds (she said grounds as in multiples, and was very clear about that) and the position you want to be in, there should be no problem with wanting some frames with kids only, some with the whole family etc.

I'm hoping for it to make a beautifull souvie also. Haven't had a proper one-on-one done since about 1999, so it's so overdo! The girl I talked to was so definately loving doing this and talking about what would suit the indivual, if the one doing the session is anyway like that, the pics should be great.

sandybobandy
08-27-2007, 04:38 PM
I wonder if we all spoke with the same CM? The girl I spoke with was suuuper magical and couldn't have been more sweet.

Oh! When I inquired though about the pre-paid photopass, she did tell me to bring along the promo code or whatever but also mentioned at this time there is no additional fee (So the $99 prepaid pass would include the photo session) but hinted that could always change and maybe they'll charge $25 on top of the photopass. Guess we'll find out!

sandybobandy
08-27-2007, 04:39 PM
I'm thinking of doing this in January -- does anyone know what time the first appointment in the morning is? I would love to do this BEFORE the parks open one day.

8am-8pm is what I was told. But the later in the evening, the less opportunity you have to do outdoor shoots due to the sun going down.

Hope that helps!

allisonswonderland
08-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the updates!!! I have enjoyed reading about them. I also called and was told the same and if it changes from appts being booked a month out - please let me know!!!

lisaj
08-28-2007, 09:00 AM
Has anyone got the phone number please? definitely like this idea.

shelli132
08-28-2007, 09:04 AM
Has anyone got the phone number please? definitely like this idea.

The number is (407)824-1700.:)

Mrs. Pan
08-28-2007, 09:21 AM
How do you preorder the photopass?

Tinkaroo
08-28-2007, 01:27 PM
from my photopass primer at http://www.stitchkingdom.com/photopass :

I want to make sure I have this right.

From your explanation, it is only if we purchase the PhotoPass CD at the GF (in conjunction with this package), that we would not then be able to edit any of the PhotoPass pics (GF sitting and otherwise).

However, if we purchase the PhotoPass CD normally (or pre-order), we would be able to edit the pictures with no problems once home, because we would just add the card # from the GF sitting to our account?

We have a large family trip planned for early December (16, and probably the only time this will ever happen), and DH and I were already considering hiring one of the Disney professional photographers for a photo session of everyone - this would be a much cheaper option!!!! :goodvibes

Does anyone have any idea - are these just your typical PhotoPass folks over at the GF (thus YMMV on the quality of the pics), or are these truer "professionals"?

madenon
08-28-2007, 01:33 PM
I want to make sure I have this right.

From your explanation, it is only if we purchase the PhotoPass CD at the GF (in conjunction with this package), that we would not then be able to edit any of the PhotoPass pics (GF sitting and otherwise).

True

However, if we purchase the PhotoPass CD normally (or pre-order), we would be able to edit the pictures with no problems once home, because we would just add the card # from the GF sitting to our account?

True for the park-pics, don't know about the GF ones. One extra though; pre-purchanged, you wouldn't have to pay a sitting fee for the GF. Not buying before you go, nor at GF would cost you a sitting fee of $49,95. Don't know if this would be waved if you decide to buy the photo-cd afterwards. The thing is; they want some kind of way to make sure you at least pay for the costs -or some extend of it- of the one-on-one-session. With you buying the cd afterwards, they have no proove whatsoever but your word you'll buy it.

Does anyone have any idea - are these just your typical PhotoPass folks over at the GF (thus YMMV on the quality of the pics), or are these truer "professionals"?

Couldn't help you on that one, maybe someone else can? If not; I'll be back on the 13th of september and will be able to tell you some more by then. It'll take some time to get the pics (pre-purchaged the cd), but that should be WAY in time enough for you to judge yourself before your trip.

GoofItUp
08-28-2007, 01:53 PM
Just an FYI -- I just called and booked out photosession for 6:00 p.m. & the woman on the phone told me they go as late as 9:00 p.m. We pre-purchased the photopass cd which I told her and she didn't mention any additional charges. Now I'm trying to pick out what to wear! We're going to do this on one of our "off" days just before going to the Poly to eat at Ohana's. I really like the khaki bottoms/white tops idea. No shoes. I think that would look so great on the beach at dusk! And since we're only going to dinner afterwards, it wouldn't matter if we're dressed up just a bit.

Tinkerbell_Tiffany
08-28-2007, 03:30 PM
goofitup, glad to see you were able to get your appointment! :)

kkproulx
08-28-2007, 04:40 PM
Subscribing so I read this later.....:goodvibes

peyjax
08-28-2007, 04:58 PM
Thank you Sheilag so much for posting this question! I had never heard of this and it was exactly what I was looking for. Two years ago we went with my sister and took our photos on the beach. I was just thinking last week that it would be nice to get our pics done somewhere nice that was outside of the park, but with the photopass type + quality. I just finished booking our session. This is what makes the dis so great!!!!!!!!!:love: :love:

Disneyaunt4
08-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the info everyone,will be calling tomorrow to make an appointment:thumbsup2

WeLuvTink!
08-28-2007, 06:58 PM
We got a shoot at 4 PM on 9/5 and can't wait! :banana: I told the castmember we had pre-purchased the photo-cd and she said that the photo session won't cost us anything in that case.

mom2taylorandemily
08-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the info everyone,will be calling tomorrow to make an appointment:thumbsup2

What is the phone number to call, I need to add it to my "To Do" list. We are going in Dec. and they aren't making those appointments yet according to a PP. Thank you if you have it.

pixiemel
08-28-2007, 08:39 PM
This is such a great idea-we'll be due for good family portraits by next June!
If you pre-purchase the photopass, does that mean that you can print all photopass pix PLUS all portraits from the GF sitting?? Are any prints included in the GF sitting without the photopass?? Thanks!!:goodvibes

sue and co
08-29-2007, 02:06 AM
Ok - I think I understand but I'm a bit slow.

I can prepurchase the photo CD before we go and will get an e-mail with confirmation and a code for when I am ready to get the CD (after the trip). As we go in December I can book in November for a GF session which will be free or may cost $25 and they will take a selection of photos of us all - all together, just kids, just DH & I etc. I can also have photos done at all the parks on to the same photopass account. When I get back I have 30 days from the first photo (so 7 days really because we are away 21 days) to edit them add them all to the CD and arrange for it to be sent?

If this is right it is a brilliant deal and surely will quickly become overbooked - or am I missing something?

Thanks

Sue

Leigha
08-29-2007, 05:32 AM
Has anyone asked how long you get to spend with the photographer? I wonder how many different settings you can choose. I guess it depends on what time will allow??

Skylarr29
08-29-2007, 05:55 AM
Has anyone asked how long you get to spend with the photographer? I wonder how many different settings you can choose. I guess it depends on what time will allow??

I think I read somewhere that it was about 20 minutes.

madenon
08-29-2007, 06:00 AM
Sue, you seem to understand perfectly. :) More info from; http://allearsnet.com/news/dd.htm

Grand Floridian Portrait Sessions Offer One-On-One Photo Moments

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- There's a new occasion to "say cheese" at Walt Disney World Resort: during individual portrait sessions now available at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

Guests who desire a more one-on-one photo experience during their Walt Disney World vacation can book a shoot at the majestic Victorian-style resort where a Disney PhotoPass photographer escorts the group through some of its most picturesque backdrops. Consultations are available prior to the shoot to discuss wardrobe, session location and theme options.

Guests can create a portrait package that suits their individual needs with two current offers: a single sitting ($49.95), and a package that includes a sitting and a PhotoPass CD with all of the digital images taken by theme park photographers during a guest's vacation ($124.95). For more information or to book a portrait session, visit Disney's PhotoPass desk on the second floor of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa or call 407/824-1700.

Pixiemel; you're right! You can print BOTH if you pre-purchage the CD. If you buy it at the GF, you should be able to let them add the parkphoto's, but you can't add borders etc. like you could at home.

If you DON'T want to by the CD, you'll pay $49,95 for just the GF pics.

lisaj
08-29-2007, 02:21 PM
The number is (407)824-1700.:)

Thanks Shelli:goodvibes

sparmeland
08-30-2007, 07:57 AM
This form was very helpful! Thanks to everyone for posting. I think I will book a photo session for my next trip. I was going to buy the CD anyway :)

shelli132
08-30-2007, 09:42 AM
Thanks Shelli:goodvibes

Your welcome! Please let us know what you think of the photo session when you get back. :flower3:

sparmeland
08-30-2007, 10:30 AM
I just called about a potential photo session for my November trip and it seems like they will be making some changes. When I asked if It was included with my preordered photopass CD. She said that it was a new program and that they would be making some changes so she couldn't answer any questions at this time.

She also said that "at this time" they were only taking reservations 30 days in advance, but seemed to think that this might also change. So she advised that that I call back again mid-sept for my November trip.

She was able to answer questions about the length. She said 20-30 minutes and for us (only two people) she said that we could expect 50-60 photos. She also said for lighting they try to do most their photos outdoors weather permitting.

She also said that they were getting a lot of reservation, which makes me think the idea is taking off.

I don't want to be the pessimist, but I think that it may not be included in the photopass CD for long.

Tinkerbell_Tiffany
09-13-2007, 04:20 PM
I am back and did the session, the photos turned out great!
did not have any problems at all using my reciept they didnt even take the numbers down off my reciept, they just looked at it and said thank you. it is definately worth doing.

Matthews4Disney
09-13-2007, 06:17 PM
I am back and did the session, the photos turned out great!
did not have any problems at all using my reciept they didnt even take the numbers down off my reciept, they just looked at it and said thank you. it is definately worth doing.

I'm so glad to hear that you loved it! Would you mind to post a couple of your pictures so we can see how they turned out? Were yours done indoors or outdoors? Any tips we should know?

momoflizandains
09-13-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm going to see if we can have this done in December. It sounds GREAT!

WeLuvTink!
09-13-2007, 07:30 PM
This was great and considering it was free (I pre-paid for the PhotoCD) you can't go wrong. Our family of four had TONS of photos taken all over GF, inside and out - even on the beach. They even did individual photos, husband-wife, 2 kids, 1 kid 1 parent, etc.

Photographer said they'd only been doing it a month, and they had been swamped with calls after Disney issued a press release 2 weeks ago.

I agree with the others that this deal is TOO GOOD TO LAST LONG. We would have easily paid for this, however.

Matthews4Disney
09-14-2007, 07:47 AM
This was great and considering it was free (I pre-paid for the PhotoCD) you can't go wrong. Our family of four had TONS of photos taken all over GF, inside and out - even on the beach. They even did individual photos, husband-wife, 2 kids, 1 kid 1 parent, etc.

Photographer said they'd only been doing it a month, and they had been swamped with calls after Disney issued a press release 2 weeks ago.

I agree with the others that this deal is TOO GOOD TO LAST LONG. We would have easily paid for this, however.

This sounds so great! Would you mind to post a couple of your pictures so we can see how they are done? Thanks so much for the info!

Tinkerbell_Tiffany
09-14-2007, 08:28 AM
I got them to work! YAY!
here are just some of the GF pictures we had done.
ENJOY!

http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/8790/4ccd2490e240497981e0f6ahq7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/416/4d326c3a806d470ba00f1fddl6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/2330/35391eaa9730to6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/2330/35391eaa9730to6.817f75688f.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=528&i=35391eaa9730to6.jpg)
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6543/a69f39232d3d4fbaa08a9e6xl5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6543/a69f39232d3d4fbaa08a9e6xl5.085474c128.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=528&i=a69f39232d3d4fbaa08a9e6xl5.jpg)
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/1763/acb174c7b83a41268986ff1js6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/1763/acb174c7b83a41268986ff1js6.7232de73bd.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=503&i=acb174c7b83a41268986ff1js6.jpg)
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/5880/f377502d2f4843ea942d920fv8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5923/photopassej2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/9388/photopskn5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/9388/photopskn5.9d25d45d52.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=519&i=photopskn5.jpg)

allisonswonderland
09-14-2007, 11:28 AM
I just checked again for Nov appt - and they still said 30 days out. Tiffany your pics turned out great!

matt&jakesmom
09-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Tinkerbell Tiffany: The pictures of you and the family are wonderful. I like how you went with the same color in shirts, adds a lot more to the pic. Your boys are cute.

I'll have to keep this in mind for our trip next year.

Heather Mason
09-14-2007, 12:25 PM
subscribing!

Skylarr29
09-14-2007, 01:10 PM
I don't think it is exactl 30 days. I called for the 12th of October on the 12th of September (after calling before and being told it was too early) and he said they didn't have the sheet and to call back next week... that would be less than 30 days.(If they even make my ressie then)

madenon
09-14-2007, 01:56 PM
I did my session last week, and Karen was lovely. We did shots inside and out and she really tried to think along with me. When I told her I wanted some pics with my wheelchair but also some without (yes, I'm a snobby vain person and don't like the looks of the chair) she really got into it and more or less went like "oh we can do this and this and this and this and this and oh let's go do this and that". I pre purchaged the CD and just finished it online today, so it'll take some days before the pics are here and unfortunately I couldn't copy+paste them from disneyphotopass.com . Just a heads up; I take horrible photographs, I'm so not photogenic it isn't even funny. And although I kept that reputation with this session also, she also got some really nice shots in there which in my case isn't easy.

For those not knowing what they want yet; don't worry! If you come to the desk early enough -or there's nobody booked after you, which was the case for a lot of days during my trip!- you've got all the time in the world to look at photo's they took of other families to get some great ideas. And I must say; the pcis of families that wore the same colourschemes looked so nice!

kimisabella
09-14-2007, 03:38 PM
I just booked today and for the week of 9/24 they only had a couple of afternoon appointments left scattered among the different days of the week. I had to take a 1:00 pm appt on thurs the 27th, not my first choice, but I really want to do this.

Pennykay
09-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Does anyone know if two people sharing the photo CD can both take advantage of the free sitting fee?

DreaminDisney
09-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Tickerbell Tiffany I think the pictures of your family are really nice!

I just spoke with a nice girl from GF and she said as of 9/16 the price of this if you pre-order the photopass CD (and have proof/confirmation) photo session will cost 24.99. Still a great deal!! So I have to call back 30 days prior to the date of session to make appt.

mom2mek
09-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Does anyone know if there is a limit to how many people can be in the photo shoot? We have a family reunion so there will be 8 adults and 8 kids. This would be so great! Thanks. Love the pics, by the way and would love to see more from others!

Sara

quietgirll
09-14-2007, 11:21 PM

I just spoke with a nice girl from GF and she said as of 9/16 the price of this if you pre-order the photopass CD (and have proof/confirmation) photo session will cost 24.99. Still a great deal!! So I have to call back 30 days prior to the date of session to make appt.

i just called and booked this today for 9/24, and was told as long as we had our email confirmation for the prepaid photo cd, there was no additional charge...

DreaminDisney
09-15-2007, 07:20 AM
i just called and booked this today for 9/24, and was told as long as we had our email confirmation for the prepaid photo cd, there was no additional charge...Hmm, maybe she meant as of 9/16 (booking for 10/16) it would be 24.99.?? Who knows. Glad there is no additional charge for you. Maybe she was wrong and there won't be a charge if you pre-purchased CD. I prepaid for ours yesterday:)
Have fun and let us know how pics turned out:wizard: Have a great vacation:goodvibes

mom2taylorandemily
09-15-2007, 08:50 AM

i just called and booked this today for 9/24, and was told as long as we had our email confirmation for the prepaid photo cd, there was no additional charge...

Well, now I'm confused. :confused3 I was hoping it was free. :sad2: We would have gotten the CD pre-purchase anyway (as it is a great savings), but I hope that my GF photo session is still free. Even if it isn't, I guess 25.00 is ok, but I sure like free better. We are going in Dec. and they aren't taking ressies for those dates yet, so I will have to wait and see.

allisonswonderland
09-15-2007, 10:55 AM
When I called I asked for info - she did not give me pricing but i did not ask either, she did not mention a charge. That basicly makes it not free for prepaid and ppl. That really is not fair, it should be a 25 dollar fee across the board not just for prepaid ppl. I do not care to pay 25 extra for the pics but if it is only because I planned ahead and prepaid for the cd then I have a problem.

quietgirll
09-15-2007, 10:11 PM
When I called I asked for info - she did not give me pricing but i did not ask either, she did not mention a charge. That basicly makes it not free for prepaid and ppl. That really is not fair, it should be a 25 dollar fee across the board not just for prepaid ppl. I do not care to pay 25 extra for the pics but if it is only because I planned ahead and prepaid for the cd then I have a problem.

my understanding (from something i read on another board) is that as of oct 1st, even if you have prepaid for the cd, the charge will be 25, and for those who havent ordered the cd, it would be the 50 dollar charge that is currently quoted in the press release. i assume it is because it has become such a popular thing, and right now, they arent making the money they anticipated making off it...:confused3 not for sure, i havent called back to verify the oct 1st thing, again, just what i read on another board :)

katiemomoftwo
09-16-2007, 02:12 PM
I just called and made our appointment for Tuesday the 18th. As of today the 16th, there is a $25 charge for the session if you have pre-purchased the photopass cd otherwise it is $50. I love pictures! Now hopefully my kids will cooperate.
Katie

DreaminDisney
09-16-2007, 02:30 PM
I just called and made our appointment for Tuesday the 18th. As of today the 16th, there is a $25 charge for the session if you have pre-purchased the photopass cd otherwise it is $50. I love pictures! Now hopefully my kids will cooperate.
KatieThis the exact info I got too. Thanks for posting. Let us know how it all went and have a great vacation!!:wizard:

allisonswonderland
09-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Ok so they are charging a sitting fee now basicly? I thought it was just for the ppl who pre paid. I guess for once the masses have come out to be smarter than disney.

dsneygirl
09-17-2007, 11:13 AM
We did this shoot the first week of Sept. It was great. I think we got 40-50 photos. We went all around, inside and outisde. Some with just DH and I some all together, and some of just DS. I think it was about 20-30min. We booked early 10am so we weren't all sweaty.

Soccer Princess
09-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Okay so if I pre-purchase my Photopass CD this week for my December trip, I can still get the GF photo shoot for $25 instead of $50? I know they just changed it from free to $25, so if they change it from $25 to the full $50, will I have to pay that, or since when I pre-ordered it was only $25, just pay the $25 for the photo session?

DreaminDisney
09-23-2007, 05:08 PM
Okay so if I pre-purchase my Photopass CD this week for my December trip, I can still get the GF photo shoot for $25 instead of $50? I know they just changed it from free to $25, so if they change it from $25 to the full $50, will I have to pay that, or since when I pre-ordered it was only $25, just pay the $25 for the photo session? If you pre-purchased CD, bring email confirmation that you pre-purchased it and the photo shoot will be 25.00.

allisonswonderland
09-25-2007, 09:59 AM
Does anyone have new photos they can share?

texasteacher35
09-25-2007, 03:37 PM
I just booked mine this morning for 10/25 and there is now a $24 sitting fee, even if you pre-ordered the cd...it will not be free any more! Not a big deal, I think it will be worth it! I am so excited to get the photo session, since we are staying at the GF for the 2nd time! The picture quality is awesome. I just saw my friend's pics the other day and they were GREAT!!!!!!!!!

megveg
06-03-2008, 01:40 PM
I havent gotten the CD yet, but I snagged these through print screen I LOVE them!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn282/megveg/Disney%2008/LOVE.jpg
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn282/megveg/Disney%2008/cuteee.jpg
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn282/megveg/Disney%2008/hehe.jpg

taken last week! we had a 4pm sitting! it was wonderful!