PDA

View Full Version : Poly & Internet service?

DBFLUKE
08-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Does anyone know about the internet service @ the Poly? Is it wireless? Do you need a earthnet cable from home? Does it cost, if it does how much? Most of all I have seen pictures of the rooms safe, it says that a laptop would fit, but from the looks of the picture that I saw it could be a tight squeeze. Any info would be helpful. We leave in 4 days & are debating on wheather or not to bring the laptop.
Thanks

Poly Pal
08-24-2007, 08:03 PM
Sorry, it is not wireless at the Polynesian. The cable is in the closet in a pouch tied to a clothes hanger. I think ours was on the hanger with the laundry ticket. Yes there is a charge, maybe $9.95 a day?

I do not think a laptop would fit in the safe, but I've never tried it. Perhaps someone who has can confirm.

Have a great trip!:goodvibes

DBFLUKE
08-24-2007, 08:04 PM
PolyPAl
Thank you

Poly Pal
08-24-2007, 08:13 PM
You're welcome! The Sox are up 6 to 1 if you do not have the game on.

BTW, I think that the safe at the Polynesian might not be deep enough for some laptops. Height and width wise might be o.k. and I know I've been able to lock my laptop in similar type room safes in other hotels (on business - no laptop, Blackberry or voice-mail on vacation!!!)

Have a fun trip. You are going soon, right? -DOH! Just re-read and you are leaving in 4 days...that warrants a big

ALOHA

simonkodousek
08-24-2007, 08:26 PM
Does anyone know about the internet service @ the Poly? Is it wireless? Do you need a earthnet cable from home? Does it cost, if it does how much? Most of all I have seen pictures of the rooms safe, it says that a laptop would fit, but from the looks of the picture that I saw it could be a tight squeeze. Any info would be helpful. We leave in 4 days & are debating on wheather or not to bring the laptop.
Thanks

The internet service at the Polynesian is wired, an ethernet wire is included. The service costs $9.95 for one day. Our laptop didn't fit in the case, but it is rather large. Smaller laptops would fit. :)

DBFLUKE
08-24-2007, 08:47 PM
GO SOX. MY HUSBAND WAS WATCHING THAT & THE PATS. THANKS AGAIN FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS. I COULD DO WITHOUT THE COMPUTER FOR DISNEY BUT MY HUSBAND CAN'T BE WITHOUT HIS E-MAIL. i GUESS HE SHOULD OF BOUGHT A BLACKBERRY. dO YOU KNOW IF THE POLY HAS A BUSINESS CENTER WHERE YOU COULD USE A COMPUTER W/INTERNET ACCESS?
THANKS AGAIN
ALHOA

ShesAPirate
08-24-2007, 10:51 PM
My laptop fit in the safe at Pop -- standing up on it's side. I can't imagine the safes at Poly are any smaller, so you should be okay.