PDA

View Full Version : What's the problem with multiple ADR's at the same time?

nikjd68
08-24-2007, 03:08 PM
I don't see the issue. (As a disclaimer, just so people don't think I'm rationalizing my own "bad" behavior, check out entry #131 on the official adr cancellation thread, i.e., my entry)

If a person has multiple ADR's and doesn't cancel them, all that happens is that walk-ins will be able to get a table. No one seems to be able to properly explain why that is such a bad thing.

asmit4
08-24-2007, 03:13 PM
My understanding is that a lot of restaurants simply don't allow any walk in's no matter how many people don't show. So no show ADR's don't mean that tables can be taken by walk in's.

For instance, I tried to book LeCelier (sp?) last month for an October trip. I am new to this and booked late. No spots available for lunch or dinner during our stay. Now if some people have multiple ADR's and don't show, LeCelier doesn't allow walk ins so I could have had an ADR but it was taken by a multiple booker who may or may not be there I spose.

nikjd68
08-24-2007, 03:26 PM
I don't think your info on "no walk-ins" is correct. First, an ADR is not a true reservation. It simply allows you to get a table b/4 those who do not have ADR's i.e., walk-ins.

Every TS restaurant at WDW takes walk-ins.

Mickiethepooh
08-24-2007, 03:45 PM
If you have multiple ADRs for the same time and you don't show they move on to the next ADR person who IS there, and they will continue that way they will not say of Mr. Smith did not show so let's let the Jone's who are walk ups in now.
It also means the Mr Brown who would have gotten an ADR and showed up could not get it because me SMITH is a inconsiderate person.

Allison
08-24-2007, 03:49 PM
Your information is flawed.

Not showing up does NOT open up a table for a walk-in.

It also makes planning harder for those who are trying to schedule in advance. Others can't book a table and know they have a place to eat at a certain time because of someone who isn't even going to show up.

Nancyg56
08-24-2007, 03:52 PM
I don't think your info on "no walk-ins" is correct. First, an ADR is not a true reservation. It simply allows you to get a table b/4 those who do not have ADR's i.e., walk-ins.

Actually they do not. I cannot tell you how many people I saw turned away for TS restaurants in the MK and in MGM on three separate trips.

global_mom
08-24-2007, 04:00 PM
Booking multiple ADRs just seems to be rude and inconsiderate behavior. Most guests can only eat at one place at one time so they know that they can not fulfill multiple ADRs. Those wasted ADRs would still have been in the dining system so that another guest, who intends to use the ADRs, can get them. Delays, sick children, and sudden change of plans certainly do happen which can result in a no-show but simply booking multiple ADRs b/c a guest can not make up their mind is tacky.

honeymo78
08-24-2007, 04:05 PM
In the past, many locations took walk-ups, purely based on the fact that they weren't booked with ADRs and knew there would be room. Most people getting a walk up now either arrive right at opening, or end up at a restaurant that likely had ADRs available if you were to call. The more popular locations actually seem to overbook their ADRs and turn all walk ups away (maybe not always at opening). They expect a certain number of no-shows and have already booked to take this into account. However, if you do cancel that extra or unwanted ADR it will go back into the system for the next person to pick up - I'm not sure what the time frame is for getting it back into the system, perhaps if you cancel only a half hour before your time, it might not open up for someone else. Several times people have reported being turned away as a walk up, yet called dining and got an ADR for within the hour - likely from someone who cancelled.

If you are holding 2 ADRs for the same meal, unless your group splits up, its pretty much going to be impossible for you to make both. If you just don't show up to one, there is no guarantee anyone else will get that table that didn't have an ADR. Most likely it means that instead of someone waiting past their ADR time to be seated, they will get in closer to the ADR time. If you go and cancel that ADR, it goes back into the system and someone can pick it up. When table service dining wasn't so popular and when places weren't booked to the hilt, having double or triple ADRs wasn't such an issue. Almost every restaurant had room for walkups regardless of those with ADRs. For better, or worse, those days are over.

Mom2Evie
08-24-2007, 04:12 PM
I don't see the issue. (As a disclaimer, just so people don't think I'm rationalizing my own "bad" behavior, check out entry #131 on the official adr cancellation thread, i.e., my entry)

If a person has multiple ADR's and doesn't cancel them, all that happens is that walk-ins will be able to get a table. No one seems to be able to properly explain why that is such a bad thing.

You know, I'd really love to eat at Coral Reef with my party of three. I'd love to know a couple of weeks ahead of time that I'll have a place to eat with my family. I've called repeatedly to make a reservation but they never have availability for me. And do you know why? Because you have a reservation there that you might use. That is, if you decide not to use the reservation you're holding for Chefs de France or Le Cellier or Chef Mickey's.

I don't want WDW to be like the airlines... overbook and then bump people to a later time because everybody shows up. I want to know that if I make a reservation, I'll have a table at the time I booked it for. If the trend of booking and ditching continues, that's what Disney will be forced to do.

JimMIA
08-24-2007, 04:13 PM

I don't know where you got the idea that everybody offers walkups, but it's just plain wrong.

Quite a number of restaurants do NOT offer walkups at all, depending on availability. For example, during the holiday season, many Epcot restaurants don't even keep a list because they are completely sold out with CP packages.

Also, when we were in MK in December '05, there were signs up virtually every day saying there was NO TS availability anywhere at MK -- for any meal, at any time, for the entire day. They were turning away hundreds of people every day, and that was in early December...which is not supposed to be a busy time for MK.

With regard to multiple ADRs during the same period -- it hasn't happened to us, but I've heard that Disney Dining checks that...and if they find duplicate ADRs during the same meal period, they cancel them all. I don't know that for a fact, but I've heard it enough to make me think there is some truth there.

JimMIA
08-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Booking multiple ADRs just seems to be rude and inconsiderate behavior. Most guests can only eat at one place at one time so they know that they can not fulfill multiple ADRs. Those wasted ADRs would still have been in the dining system so that another guest, who intends to use the ADRs, can get them. Delays, sick children, and sudden change of plans certainly do happen which can result in a no-show but simply booking multiple ADRs b/c a guest can not make up their mind is tacky.::yes:: :thumbsup2

DznyDreamz
08-24-2007, 04:28 PM
I think it is inconsiderate to retain multiple ADR's for the same time. My family has been trying for months to get into WCC before the nightly campfire and movie. It has been booked solid before 9:30 pm. If one of those people who has an ADR there and also has one elsewhere that they use instead, it is impossible for my family to get to eat there. When I spoke with a CM, I was told the only way to find out about walk up availability is to go all the way to FW and ask. I can't call the restaurant directly and Dining won't know if someone just doesn't show up. So if my family is at Epcot or MGM or wherever, it is a waste to go all the way to FW on the chance that someone may have overbooked or not shown up. Its common courtesy to cancel what you don't intend to use rather then hording all the good seating times for yourself. Decide what you want to use and cancel what you don't for all of our sakes.

MS_mom_1965
08-24-2007, 04:31 PM
::yes:: :thumbsup2

Booking multiple ADRs just seems to be rude and inconsiderate behavior. Most guests can only eat at one place at one time so they know that they can not fulfill multiple ADRs. Those wasted ADRs would still have been in the dining system so that another guest, who intends to use the ADRs, can get them. Delays, sick children, and sudden change of plans certainly do happen which can result in a no-show but simply booking multiple ADRs b/c a guest can not make up their mind is tacky.

:woohoo: :thumbsup2 Tell 'em sister!

Now if any of you have a multiple ADR for Le Cellier for dinner between Nov 17-23 please call and cancel so I can have it!:rotfl:

disprincessjasmine
08-24-2007, 04:44 PM
IMO it's rude and selfish to make mutiple ADRs just so you have "options." It's not fair to other guests who try and make ADRs and are told the restaurants are booked, because other people have made several.

DCDisney
08-24-2007, 04:57 PM
No one seems to be able to properly explain why that is such a bad thing.

Technically it really doesn't matter because they only plan on a certain % of ADRs showing up anyway. If every ADR actually showed up it would be a mad house. On the Dis it's considered bad etiquette but in reality double booking is part of Disney's ADR equation. Even with cancelling ADRs the same day it's questionable if they go back into the system either.

If you do book 2 meals at the same time they will cancel the older meal if it's caught but you can still book a B,L, D each day even if you relaly only plan to eat 1TS. Not that I'm advocating such behavior...

Yvonne

Simba's Mom
08-24-2007, 05:34 PM
IMO it's rude and selfish to make mutiple ADRs just so you have "options." It's not fair to other guests who try and make ADRs and are told the restaurants are booked, because other people have made several.

:thumbsup2 And then when I call for an ADR at the resturaunt I really, really want to eat at, I'm told it's booked (but half of them are from people holding multiple ADRs). So I go ahead and book at someplace I don't really care about, but I don't want to take my chances and not have a place to eat. Meanwhile, someone who isn't going to show up has an ADR at a place I would have loved to eat at. You hear on these boards all the time from people wanting to eat at a particular resturaunt but have been unable to get an ADR.

DznyDreamz
08-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Technically it really doesn't matter because they only plan on a certain % of ADRs showing up anyway.
Yvonne It does matter though to those of us who want to know we have an ADR at a specific restaurant but are unable to get in because people are holding multiple spots. You try explaining to my 6 yr old why it "doesn't matter" that we can't get an ADR at the place that she has her heart set on.

MisMikiNikiLynne
08-24-2007, 05:50 PM

This statement is not always true. We have been told when walking up to a podium that walk-ups are not accepted, I have also seem sighs (at particullarly busy times of the year) that state there are no TS resturants open for walk-ups, ADR's are necessary!

I too, beleive that holding multiple ADR's is rude and inconsiderate of others. Please be fair and decide what ADR you want to use and cancel the other allowing for someone else to use it.

Luv2Roam
08-24-2007, 05:58 PM
Walk ups are just luck of the draw, and not anything like had been even a few years ago. It is not at all uncommon to see walk ups turned away. It is more of the norm those guests are turned away, than they get in.
Walk ups almost have to be at the right place at the right time, or inbetween prime times.
Guests who get seated as a walk up should be very thankful. That does not seem to be the norm. More and more guests are aware they need ADRs, so I think more are booked now than use to be for that reason alone.

evenpar4me
08-24-2007, 06:30 PM
How selfish!

jenins121681
08-24-2007, 07:24 PM

The issue is that holding multiple ADR's so that you have options is just un-ethical and selfish. Some people are having trouble getting any ADR's at all and are faced with probably having to eat all CS meals. That is why it is extremely necessary for people to cancel ADR's that they know they cannot make. Gone are the days of walk ups @ WDW...unless you are extremely lucky and get that once and a blue moon walk up slot.

septbaby
08-24-2007, 08:17 PM

If really believe your own theory is correct then don't make any ADRs, let alone multiple. Just show up since someone else will have double booked leaving an opening for you.

rlduvall
08-24-2007, 08:22 PM
You know, I'd really love to eat at Coral Reef with my party of three. I'd love to know a couple of weeks ahead of time that I'll have a place to eat with my family. I've called repeatedly to make a reservation but they never have availability for me. And do you know why? Because you have a reservation there that you might use. That is, if you decide not to use the reservation you're holding for Chefs de France or Le Cellier or Chef Mickey's.

You are so right. :thumbsup2 You know, I never jump into threads that have the potential to get ugly . . . BUT please, the OP deserves it. This is my biggest pet peeve with visitors to Disney. :headache: Book the ONE TS you desire and LEAVE IT ALONE. Let others have a chance. :mad:

rlduvall
08-24-2007, 08:23 PM
If really believe your own theory is correct then don't make any ADRs, let alone multiple. Just show up since someone else will have double booked leaving an opening for you.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

keys2kingdom
08-24-2007, 09:13 PM
Bad form, as Captain Hook would say!!

Down with multiple ADR bookings, it's just rude.

aubriee
08-25-2007, 02:35 AM

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I assure that is not true. I don't know how many times, in the last two years especially, we've heard the hostess at numerous WDW resorts say they are not taking walk ups. We've seen people turned away at Crystal Palace, CRT, Liberty Tree Tavern, Chef Mickey's, 'Ohanas, Coral Reef, Mama Melrose, Hollywood & Vine, Le Cellier, etc. Walking up and trying to wait for a table was not option. People were simply told that they were not taking walk ups, period. Now again, I've dined in those same restaurants and seen empty tables waiting for those rude people who made multiple ADRs and didn't show up, while the people trying to get walkups outside are turned away. We've also had to wait long past our ADR time, because more people that had ADRs showed up than the restaurant was expecting (and yes we were told this by a CM). Restauraunts overbook even with ADRs, knowing some peole will not be showing up. If everyone with an ADR shows up, the restaurant is in trouble and runs WAY behind. A walk up wouldn't stand a chance.

Funny thing is, you can step away, call WDW dining on your cell phone, and may be able to get an ADR there for within just a few minutes. I did this at Sci Fi last Dec. I tried for a walk up, was told rather rudely that they weren't talking walkups, stepped around the corner, called WDW dining, and had an ADR for Sci Fi for 20 minutes later. As I walked up, the CM started to frown and I told him I had an ADR now. He asked how I did that and I told him 'It's who you know, young man.':rotfl: Le Cellier stays booked up for months in advance and I'd love to see the look on the CM's face if you tried to walk into CRT or PCT.

MNWDWMANIAC
08-25-2007, 06:14 AM

As I was reading though this thread I was heading to this exact idea :thumbsup2 .

If the OP believes their multiple ADR's aren't hurting anyone and we will all be able to walk up anyway then why set ADR's in the first place?

OP - cancel them all and just walk in. No need to explain yourself any further as you have already made the point crystal clear for everyone. Prove your point and show me the money......

Allison
08-25-2007, 07:29 AM
All the people in Epcot on February 17 who were told NO restaurants in Epcot were taking walkups that evening might disagree with you. I was certainly glad I had my LeCellier ADR.

kaytieeldr
08-25-2007, 08:04 AM
I think it is inconsiderate to retain multiple ADR's for the same time. My family has been trying for months to get into WCC before the nightly campfire and movie. It has been booked solid before 9:30 pm. If one of those people who has an ADR there and also has one elsewhere that they use instead, it is impossible for my family to get to eat there. When I spoke with a CM, I was told the only way to find out about walk up availability is to go all the way to FW and ask. I can't call the restaurant directly and Dining won't know if someone just doesn't show up. So if my family is at Epcot or MGM or wherever, it is a waste to go all the way to FW on the chance that someone may have overbooked or not shown up. Okay, just so you know - WCC is at the Wilderness Lodge, not Fort Wilderness. If you want to be close to the Campfire site, you want to make a reservation for Trail's End Buffeteria AT Fort Wilderness. While you could take a boat from WL to FW after dinner, being at FW already is wayyyyyyyyy more convenient. Plus, it's probably easier to get reservations at Trail's End.

Now, a general theory about this whole issue: Conservation/consideration. Take what you want, but use what you take. You can't have dinner tonight at Boma and Chef Mickey's and Le Cellier and 50's Prime Time. Don't make ADRs for all four of them. Pick ONE.

DznyDreamz
08-25-2007, 09:19 AM
I think the point people are trying to make is that if you know you have more ADR's then you are going to use, is it so difficult to cancel what you won't use? In doing so you give someone else the comfort of knowing that they have a guaranteed spot for dinner and can plan their trip accordingly.

If you are so so steadfast that not having an ADR is no problem, then why do you need to hold so many "just in case". You should be walking around with the comfort of knowing you can get into any restaurant at any time since walk ups are so readily accepted.

Do you also hold an entire row of seats in a crowded movie theater just because you like extra space?

Perhaps you would see this differently if the tables were turned and you were the one unable to get an ADR.

nikjd68
08-25-2007, 09:24 AM
I didn't get all the ADR's I wanted. I don't have Le Cellier or California Grill. I am also not crying about it.

The point I am making is that no shows open up tables at restaurants. That lets walk-ins sit down (unless WDW overbooks, but no evidence of that. yet).

I still don't see the big deal.

I also don't see the point of asking me to get rid of my ADR's and prove my point. My point isn't that you don't need ADR's. My point is that people with multiple ADR's at the same time aren't evil.

global_mom
08-25-2007, 09:31 AM
Hey guys - I cant imagine that anyone really thinks that the multiple ADR issue is OK, maybe the OP just had nothing better to do with his time and decided to get on the DIS and stir up some stuff.:rolleyes1

If the OP really thinks that multiple ADRs are okee dokee then the above post sums it up and we can all move on to more worthwhile topics!!:thumbsup2

Got to go call Dininig to finish lining up my ADRs for the next 3 trips.....wish me luck!

DznyDreamz
08-25-2007, 09:33 AM
I didn't get all the ADR's I wanted. I don't have Le Cellier or California Grill. I am also not crying about it.

The point I am making is that no shows open up tables at restaurants. That lets walk-ins sit down (unless WDW overbooks, but no evidence of that. yet).

I also don't see the point of asking me to get rid of my ADR's and prove my point. My point isn't that you don't need ADR's. My point is that people with multiple ADR's at the same time aren't evil. I am not crying about my unattainable ADR's. You asked what was wrong with holding multiple so you should have been prepared for the response. You couldn't possibly believe you are in the majority on this topic.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I personally don't agree with your point of view. I think it is rude and selfish, but thats just me.

pumba
08-25-2007, 09:36 AM
First of all........Please everyone....just calm down and no name calling......this is a good post and we would hate to lock it because of people being rude to each others opinions..

When we went to Disney in APril....we had reservations for two at Le Cellier.....we were not able to add two people to our reservation so we gave it up.....the cm told us that they were booked solid thru the last of July. When we went there we also were told no walkins for the whole night....so that means from five pm when we arrived until they closed.......they have no idea who will or wont show up for their reservations.....SO NO WALK INS that night.....or the two other nights we stopped by......

Please everyone be kind and careful what we say

kaytieeldr
08-25-2007, 10:12 AM

I still don't see the big deal. I'm not sure I see why you don't see the big deal. In your original post you said:
(As a disclaimer, just so people don't think I'm rationalizing my own "bad" behavior, check out entry #131 on the official adr cancellation thread, i.e., my entry)
If Guests were not making multiple reservations in advance, there would likely not be a need for threads like the official adr cancellation thread.
While no-shows may open up tables for walk-ins (and as has been stated multiple times in this thread, and proven by aubriee's experience, even though reservations are booked with the expectation of a certain percentage of no-shows, many locations STILL do not accept walk-ins), making reservations for which one cannot show up prevents others from making ADVANCE dining reservations (aka ADRs) for those same locations.

My point is that people with multiple ADR's at the same time aren't evil. I feel relatively safe in saying that the point of many others in this threas is that people with multiple ADRs at the same time ARE self-centered and inconsiderate. And if anybody on the anti-multi-reservation side is offended by my assumption of your opinion, I apologize in advance!!!

You couldn't possibly believe you are in the majority on this topic. Yep. Even (especially?) Disney - which owns the restaurants*, the system, the policies, and the reservations - is anti-multiple-reservation!

*Well, most of 'em

Pumbaa_
08-25-2007, 10:18 AM
Just a reminder that there are posting guidelines for the DIS.

3. NO FIGHTING/SARCASM: While we'd like to think that a Disney fan site is always lighthearted, there are times when there are disagreements. Let's face it, there are certain topics that can transform any of us into a raging "Donald Duck." When you sense this is happening, we ask that you step away from the discussion before it escalates into a fight. Just like Mom always said about fighting, we don't care who started the argument and we don't want it on the DIS. (Okay, she didn't say the part about the DIS, but you know what we mean.) No attacking others and no sarcasm please. Either will result in an infraction.

Here is a link to the complete Guidelines (http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm#INFRACTIONS).

You can disagree with a poster's position without resorting to personal attacks.

Thank you,

nikjd68
08-25-2007, 10:51 AM
I canceled my ADR's because I thought it was the right thing to do.

But, if someone doesn't cancel theirs and is a no show, then someone will get to use the table. A walk-in. My point, at its most basic level is that there is no difference between someone canceling--assume at the last minute--and some getting the last-minute ADR and someone not canceling and a walk-in getting the table.

I guess my biggest problem with the "evil" crowd is that it seems that on these boards, with a lot of topics, including this one, if you are one degree removed from the party-line, you get crucified.

PrincessTiffany
08-25-2007, 11:06 AM
Please, Please, Please, no one else respond to nikjd68 anymore . . . quite obviously has issues none of us would understand.

global_mom
08-25-2007, 11:12 AM
Please, Please, Please, no one else respond to nikjd68 anymore . . . quite obviously has issues none of us would understand.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

jenins121681
08-25-2007, 11:42 AM

:lmao: :lmao: :thumbsup2

TDC Nala
08-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Wouldn't be an issue if not for the extreme popularity of dining at WDW.

Some restaurants now routinely fill up with just ADR guests, leaving no room for walkins at all. Those with multiple ADRS who do not cancel them have effectively precluded someone else from booking the ADRs - and those precluded may not have the ability to get into the restaurant of their choice at all. A walk-in customer will not get that table - the next party on the ADR list that can be accommodated will get it.

Even knowing this, there will always be some parties to whom their own convenience is more important that the ability of other guests to book dining, and they won't be dissuaded unless Disney chooses to use some form of rule and enforcement about how many simultaneous ADRs one party can book.

NMW
08-25-2007, 02:00 PM

I also don't see the point of asking me to get rid of my ADR's and prove my point. My point isn't that you don't need ADR's. My point is that people with multiple ADR's at the same time aren't evil.

Have you even been to WDW recently? Lots and lots of restaurants were not taking walk-ups in Oct 06. I saw people turned away everywhere and most of our ADR times were on the later side- 7:30-8:30. I suppose if restaurants DID take walk-ups, then your arguement would hold true, but none I saw were taking them.

disneyfav4ever
08-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Because it's rude, selfish, and unfair to others.

Allison
08-25-2007, 05:53 PM

This is where your information is flawed. No shows do not open up tables at restaurants for walk-ins.

lustergirl
08-25-2007, 06:01 PM
ooohhh!!!!!!!!!!popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

Nancyg56
08-25-2007, 06:13 PM

Perhaps not evil but very inconsiderate, I would say. You did not get the ADR's you wanted and are fine with that.You might have gotten Le Cellier is someone was not hedging their bets. Yes a walk up might get the unused SDR, but that does not help the family who is trying to plans their meals to coincide with their plans for the day all the while pleasing their kids, who have their heart set on CP and the Pooh gang. But they can't get that ADR because some overplanner has several ADR's so that they can choose the one that is convenient for them when the time comes.

bentleygirl22
08-25-2007, 06:29 PM

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: agree:lmao: :lmao:

cdrn1
08-25-2007, 07:33 PM

Just go over the trade/cancellation thread and see all the people looking for reservations...knowing that there are tons of people holding multiple ADR's that they won't use. Then say you don't see the issue. It's just really thoughtless.

kaytieeldr
08-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Please, Please, Please, no one else respond to nikjd68 anymore . . . quite obviously has issues none of us would understand. Sigh... Oh, okay, fine... I had a perfectly-written, intelligent, eloquent, Nobel-worthy response all ready to post - but I see your point. Please don't feel guilty that you have deprived the DIS - nay, the world - of my work of art... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: when you're right, you're right.

Luv2Roam
08-26-2007, 08:01 AM
I was at DTD Guest Relations last night. Next to me was a guest looking for a place for the family to dine in DTD. :rolleyes1
The CM was trying, but the only options were to wait until 9:00+ pm at one restaurant or 11:30 at another.
As an eavesdropper, I piped in and told the guest about the RFC Safari Club membership and FOTL. I mentioned at least they could eat! So off they trotted there. (I don't think the CM was too happy with me. But hey -- they needed to some place decent to eat before bed time.)
They were on the DDP, so they would have to pay OOP. And the CM did tell them that. Depending on where in their stay they were I figured they could easily use up an extra TS credit. (Even for breakfast or a signature restaurant.)
I just hope they made some remaining ADRs. :upsidedow
When someone is hot, tired, and hungry, and has a family in tow, I imagine they would use most any means for a decent meal. No one wants to settle for what they have to work around, rather than what they would really choose.
For everyne cancelling an ADR, I imgine there are a dozen others wanting that ADR.

antmaril
08-26-2007, 08:20 AM

My thoughts exactly.

poohbear7
08-26-2007, 09:14 AM
If you have more than one dining reservation at different restaurants for around the same time Disney will cancel the extra reservations.
When I called to make a reservation the Cm told me I had 2 reservations for around the same time and I needed to cancel one. The 2nd reservation was my daughters with the same phone number but it was 2 seperate reservations. She let her keep her reservation I used my daughters cell phone # to seperate her reservation from mine. Mine was for my DH and myself hers was for her and her family two different restaurants. They will cancel extra reservations and you may not know till you are at the restaurant.
Last May they cancelled my daughters because our phone # is the same but my DH and I were eating by ourselves at one restaurant and her family at another at different times as my DH and I wanted to eat later.
I would cancel the one's you don't want so you can eat where you want.

Lady V
08-26-2007, 05:58 PM

The problem is that it is rude and inconsiderate. The problem is that maybe some other family wanted to eat there and now is told there are no openings. Is that second family suppossed to show up just in case family one doesn't show? It is rude and wrong and I personally think if you make a reservation and don't show then you should lose credits for that meal. I think I might email disney about this very idea. (not as if they will care but maybe it will get them talking about possible ways to rectify this problem) Now I have read that they are cancelling double reservations which I applaud.:thumbsup2

JimMIA
08-26-2007, 06:20 PM
The problem is that it is rude and inconsiderate. The problem is that maybe some other family wanted to eat there and now is told there are no openings. "But this isn't about that family! This is ALL ABOUT ME!!!":banana:

castleri
08-26-2007, 06:35 PM
I canceled my ADR's because I thought it was the right thing to do.

But, if someone doesn't cancel theirs and is a no show, then someone will get to use the table. A walk-in. My point, at its most basic level is that there is no difference between someone canceling--assume at the last minute--and some getting the last-minute ADR and someone not canceling and a walk-in getting the table.

There is a difference - Jan 2 of this year I called and was able to get an ADR at MM for about 40 minutes from my call - after a mad dash and luckily finding an MGM bus almost immediately at SSR and then walking rapidly through the park we made it just about on time. At that point people were being told there were no walk ins being taken. During the meal I noted that there were a number of empty tables but they still did not take any walk ins. The no walk in policy was also in effect the previous April when we were there. We ran into the two ADR thing last year also when 3 of us were eating at Japan and the rest were eating at CP. Fortunately they just changed the phone number or we would have been out one of the ADRs.

Just do the right thing

ZuZugal
08-27-2007, 09:44 AM

The only way I can properly explain it is that you think it is okay in your mind and you will probably defend your actions no matter what anyone else posts here.

To the rest of us, it is selfish, rude behavior. Period.

Markstudy
08-27-2007, 04:30 PM
I don't see the issue. ....No one seems to be able to properly explain why that is such a bad thing.
Okay... are you ready to learn? :teacher:

Right now, we get a few Scammers making double ADR's.
(not calling the OP a Scammer, just wanted to stick-a-point....and "rude" is not a strong enough word for people who do do this, you know who you are )

If Disney didn't crack down on these people.... you know what whould happen? :confused3
What if 250,000 people all made double ADR's? Why not triple ADR's :woohoo:

See, if you leave a loop-hole open for long enough...the average Joe starts having to stoop to the level of the Scammers...and then YOU won't even be able to get a ADR at
180 days-out at 7:10am :eek:

Maybe calling someone a scammer is harsh. But what is a scam?
Scams only work when 99% do the "right thing" and only 1% or 2% of the people try to do the wrong thing (at everyone else expenses). With ADR's this could get out of hand very fast. Cutting in line, takes a very rude person. Double booking a ADR from your home is an act anyone can do... the ADR system could be wrecked very easy...if double booking continues to get attention.

If you don't know- right-from-wrong on a topic....try this little test we give to kids- If everyone did it? would it still work? No! So why are you special and think that you should get something that no one else should have? (just because you might not get caught...doesn't mean its not wrong)

disneyfan55
08-27-2007, 11:31 PM
This is my first post on these boards. I came to this site to check on the meal plan. We will be using the free meal plan the end of Sept. and had a hard time making reservations in June when we booked the trip. I remember either reading or hearing that if reservations aren't kept, some type of charge may be made. When making all of our reservations, I kept having to switch nights/restaurants to try to get some of the times/places we wanted. When doing this the person making the reservation was making sure that duplicate dates were not kept at 2 different restaurants. I, too, kept making sure of not double booking. This was 3 months prior to our trip. I couldn't even imagine trying to book now. This will be our about 30th trip to WDW, the first with so much planning. I never had to plan so much for a WDW trip!! I really hope that anyone having duplicate reservations, please keep only one. I think with all the free dining offered and just the meal plan alone has caused the "problem". I'm looking forward to this trip but not to some of the dining times we have. As an aside, we were booked in Japan and WDW reservations called the other day stating that the restaurant wouldn't be ready for our reservation on Sept 26 and rescheduled at 9 Dragons. They did also give a reservation for a VIP viewing of Illuminations. Never did this so I hope it's good. We did end up with a more normal time for dinner 6 pm instead of 8:30. Hopefully double bookers will see the problem this is causing and pick the one they really want and open up times for others. Thanks.

septbaby
08-28-2007, 12:33 AM
ooohhh!!!!!!!!!!popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: That's just wrong! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

stepdisney
08-28-2007, 08:51 AM
I just want to say that there is a difference between not canceling and canceling even if you do it late. Friends of ours had to cancel suddenly and I went over to the cancel thread and was able to help those looking for ADR's get in because our friends were considerate and cancelled . It DID open up ADR's for others. To the OP, I know you don't think that canceling opens up space because Disney over books but it really does. You are looking for proof and the proof is that I cancelled for my friends and rebooked for DISers and the spot was there :thumbsup2 . I hope this is proof enough to encourage other "busy" people who "forget" to cancel to do so. It really does open up space for those who are new or have a surprise trip sprung on them to make ADR's (which is the policy recommended by Disney EVERY TIME I CALL for ANYTHING. :)

Simba's Mom
08-28-2007, 09:43 AM
:stir: I'm thinking that was the OP's intent.:stir:
And they certainly succeeded!