PDA

View Full Version : Just back from the Beach Club

Colleen27
08-23-2007, 11:41 PM
We just got home from 3 wonderful, fabulous, amazing nights at the Beach Club. I'll be doing a trip report and posting some pics to the BC FAQ over the next couple days, but I thought I'd post a few thoughts here too.

First of all, what a great location! We weren't planning on doing Epcot at all this trip, but decided to add a day to our tickets to walk over and spend half a day there. What a lovely walk!

Our room was on the 4th floor near the quiet pool, with a distant view of Spaceship Earth through the trees. It was a bit of a walk from the lobby, but it was quiet and the room itself was clean and beautifully decorated. I love the Hidden Mickeys in the bathroom wallpaper! The daybed was fine for DS9, who is 4'8" and about 90 lbs, and we did have a full balcony.

Art the Greeter is so sweet! He always had a "Happy Birthday" for DD and gave her an Aurora pin when she told him that was her favorite princess. :goodvibes

And last but most certainly not least, Stormalong Bay was beyond my expectations. It was the whole reason we stayed at BC even though we only planned on doing MK this trip, and it was well worth it. It was open from 9 to 11:30 this week, and we were there to closing 2 of our 3 nights, plus all morning from opening to our 3PM Magical Express departure today. The kids want to go back just for the pool and skip the parks altogether. :rotfl:

All in all, it was a fabulous resort and we're all hoping to get back again soon!

applechips
08-24-2007, 01:57 AM
sounds lovely!! I will be looking forward to your report!

DisneyJimbo
08-24-2007, 09:32 AM
Glad you had a great trip!!!! :cool1:

PamNC
08-24-2007, 09:47 AM
Glad you enjoyed the BC. We were there 7/24 - 7/31 and I share your excitement about the resort. BC used to be our fave, then in 2004 we tried the Poly and I deemed it my favorite, although my husband was "still on the fence." I have to say after this trip, I think BC is back in the #1 spot, with the Poly being a close 2nd.

It's more of a 4-star experience than Poly. And I would say that whether the designation were a 4-star or not at the BC, which it is by the way. You can't beat the location, especially if you're a childless couple. Stomalong Bay is a big reason why we love it. Plus all the dining and entertainment options within walking distance. I told my DH for our next trip I want to stay at the BC again. Maybe if we do a short trip I'll do the Poly but for our main trips, I think I'm Beach Club bound.

PamNC

JCornell
08-24-2007, 04:56 PM
I'd like to read your report, too. We'll be there next Wednesday and can't wait.

byoung
08-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Sounds like you had a great vacation.

kapoof
08-25-2007, 05:42 AM
glad you had a good trip!! bc is one of our favorites too.

libinatorsmom
08-25-2007, 09:11 AM
cool - i want to see the pictures and info - we are staying and BC next may and cant wait.....

bytheblood
08-25-2007, 09:13 AM
Thank you for posting. :goodvibes: I will be visiting the Beach Club for the first time in December and I am really looking forward to it. I am looking forward to your report and pictures as well. :)

precious pixie
08-25-2007, 10:05 AM
Soungs like everyone had a great time! DH and I love the pool there nad Beaches & Cream also of course

simonkodousek
08-25-2007, 10:07 AM
I'm glad to hear you had such a nice stay at the Beach Club! I took a walk around it one afternoon and really liked it, but the location just isn't for us. :)

HockeyMomR
08-25-2007, 10:09 AM
Glad you had a great trip. Y&BC is our favorite. Looking forward to your TR.

Gina35
08-25-2007, 10:16 AM
We absolutely LOVE the Beach Club. We are DVC members and usually stay there or the BW, but this year they were all booked for our week by the time we made our reservations; so we ended up at the SSR (Saratoga). I have to say that SSR was lovely, but we ALL (7) really missed being in that location. Beach Club is our favorite; SAB is the best pool around. The walk to Epcot is wonderful, and it's so nice to just cross the bridge and be in "another country." We had a great trip this year as well, but next time I will definitely make my ressies earlier to ensure getting into BC!! For all of you who are on your way there, I am totally jealous! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!