PDA

View Full Version : Where will new AK DVC building be located?

psu1978
08-23-2007, 08:30 PM
I am curious as to where on the AKL property the new DVC building is going to be built. We are really interested in booking AKL Savanah view in Aug 08, but don't want to end up with "construction view" instead. I have read that the animals were removed from sunset view recently because the construction was bothering them. It certainly would be a bummer to have a savanah view with no animals - isn't that what we pay extra for?

Also, does anyone know the new location of the concierge rooms? I know they have been moved to standard rooms on the 4th floor, but I am interested in finding out exactly where on the 4th floor (which savanah views will they have?). This would be our first stay at AKL and I want to make sure that the construction doesn't cause us to be disappointed.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Sammie
08-23-2007, 08:31 PM
To the left of the exisiting lodge on the same end of the lodge that is now being converted to DVC.

psu1978
08-25-2007, 12:03 PM
To the left of the exisiting lodge on the same end of the lodge that is now being converted to DVC.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but which end of the lodge is being converted to DVC. I thought the entire 5 & 6th floors of both wings were being converted. We are interested in booking concierge savanah (I've read they are all 4th floor savanah view). I would love to be in Zebra Trail with Arusha view. Do you know if there are concierge rooms in this location and would that be too much to ask for? I guess what I really should be asking is....where should I request so that I don't see the construction of the new DVC building?:confused:

I apologize if my questions are naive but we have never been to AKL, and this is probably my only chance to stay there. I just want it to be magical:wizard: Thanks!!!!

BCV23
08-25-2007, 02:54 PM
I'm not sure what Sammie meant by his reply either. I too thought that the entire 5th & 6th were being converted to DVC. Perhaps construction has moved over to the side closest to the new building. Reports before had it on the right side of the lodge.

Anyway, Zebra Trail won't be close to the new building which is on the other side of the lodge....the left as you approach the entrance to AKL.