PDA

View Full Version : WL previous smoking rooms question.

chickenskin
08-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Now that all WDW resorts are completely non-smoking there is a chance a non smoker might get what was once a smoking room. We are non-smokers and wondered if anyone has recently stayed in what was once a smoking room and if they could still smell the after effects? I'm sure Disney went to lengths to clean those rooms but you know how cigarette smoke is and can linger forever. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Babboo
08-23-2007, 09:30 PM
You can never clean cigarette smoke and residues out of walls, woodwork, fabric. No amount of cleaning and deodorizing will get it all out. Tar is an extremely sticky goo that permeates everything it encounters.

The smell might be diminished - but it lingers. In the cases of severe allergies it can / will still cause problems.

We have made very specific request with our reservations that we cannot be in a former smoking room because of DS's allergies.

MAGICinMYHEART
08-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Over on the Wilderness Lodge FAQ Thread we haven't received any reports back on these rooms. For your information the smoking optional rooms were all located in the Far North Wing on the 6th floor, Wood and Courtyard View rooms only. These would be room # 6000-6034 so stay away from these rooms if assigned.

chickenskin
08-24-2007, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the info. I'll email my TA now.

stacy6552
08-24-2007, 12:34 PM
We just stayed in the villas last month. We had a very nice room, very clean, and fresh smelling, and I have a hyper-smoke-sensative nose. I suspect it might have once been a smoking room, because the "non-smoking" sign on the door was a new style that I had never seen before (unlike any of the other places we have stayed). Now that could totally mean nothing, but if it was once a smoking room, its totally smoke free now.

ransom
08-24-2007, 12:37 PM
All rooms at the Wilderness Lodge (not villas) were recently completely refurbished, so at most they have 1-2 years of having been smoking rooms. So it's quite possible that the traces are few and minor and only detectable by extremely sensitive people.

grimley1968
08-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Remember that WL underwent some extensive rehab in most of its rooms recently. Did that coincide with making WL completely smoke-free?

If so, that may have been an opportunity to completely gut the formerly smoking rooms and replace any materials that would have absorbed smells. If it was only a small number of rooms, that would be relatively easy for them to do, versus doing an entire wing or more.