PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Leaving tomorrow night... ME question!

MissKristinaLianne
08-23-2007, 06:07 PM
Heyy!! We are leaving to POR for a week tomorrow night!

Our flight leaves YYZ around 8:55pm then arrives in MCO around 11pm ish. We're flying Air Canada so we have magical express...

QUESTION:
Since we are arriving so late will ME deliver the bags right to our room or will they hold onto them and deliver them early Saturday morning?

... just wanted to know so I can pack some extras in my carry on (just incase) cause we got a Chef Mickey's ressie first thing Sat morning (11:00am).

What do you guys think?? ...Anyone had previous experience with this?

MAGICinMYHEART
08-23-2007, 06:13 PM
I would that extra clothing in a carry-on, last week while we were at WDW several guest complained that they had not received their luggage from ME and they didn't have late flights. They both received their luggage sometime the next day.

tigger & mickey
08-23-2007, 06:28 PM
Pack extra in your carryon. Luggage is usually delivered to your room 3 -4 hours after arrival and they usually hold luggage till the morning unless specifically requested.

milkshake
08-23-2007, 06:29 PM
We liked Magical Express but didn't get our luggage till 4 hours after we arrived. I packed what we might need in a carry on (toothbrushes, small tooth paste) change of light clothes and swim suits. It was nice not having to worry about our luggage but if you want it sooner than that, I'd handle your baggage yourself. I'm sure they will hold it if requested so you don't get disturbed in the middle of the night or you can request it to be delivered right away. Good luck and have a wonderful time.

hematite153
08-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Our flight leaves YYZ around 8:55pm then arrives in MCO around 11pm ish. We're flying Air Canada so we have magical express...

QUESTION:
Since we are arriving so late will ME deliver the bags right to our room or will they hold onto them and deliver them early Saturday morning?

If I were you I'd pack enough in your carry-on to get you through to the next day. That way you'll have options. (Don't forget to separate things like toothpaste to pull out in a baggy for security.)

However, I have heard other people say that when checking in at ME after 10pm they are sometimes sent back to get their baggage because ME cannot guarantee getting it through that day. I do believe that I read about one person who was able to ask for it to be collected and delivered the next day. I have also read a variety of times for the collect-your-own luggage start-time.

Have a magical trip!

ILYSWAK
08-23-2007, 08:29 PM
You can also take your baggage on the bus with you - if so, do not put the tags on the luggage. You will need to get it off the carousel

MissKristinaLianne
08-23-2007, 08:34 PM
stupid questionnn maybe...

but we already put the luggage tags on... could we just p/u our luggage at the carousel???

cindy17
08-23-2007, 08:38 PM
You must take off the yellow tags if you want to pick up your own luggage at the carousel. If the baggage handler sees the yellow ME tag, it goes to a separate place and does not go on the carousel.

Have a great trip! I'm jealous! :)

simonkodousek
08-23-2007, 08:42 PM
I would pack some pajamas and one pair of park clothes in a carry-on bag if you are arriving so late. ME doesn't deliver too your room too well. We arrived at 10 AM and didn't get our luggage until 8 PM. :(

septbaby
08-23-2007, 08:52 PM
I would just let ME take the bags. You're landing at 11pm after a long day and travel. Pack what you'll need for sleeping, etc. I'd tell ME to hold the bags until AM and I'd call for them when I woke up. By the way 11am isn't first thing so there is plenty of AM time to get your bags and head over to Chef Mickey's!

My mother considered getting her bags, then I explained she'd have to carry them up the steps if we got a 2nd floor location at CBR. ME is just fine now!

LBelle
08-23-2007, 09:35 PM
We always collect all of our luggage at MCO. Not that I don't trust ME, just like having all our stuff with us from the get-go. It's really no hardship when you use wheeled luggage. The ME driver will store them all under the bus and then you'll have one less thing to worry about at the start of your holiday!!!

Have a great trip! :woohoo:

We are arriving on Sunday!!!! :banana:

kaytieeldr
08-24-2007, 09:52 AM
ome ME/air travel luggage tips:

- Always always always always pack a carry-on (heretofore referred to as CO) with: valuables, medications, travel documents, and whatever items you will need for the first 24 hours at your destination. While it may take Magical Express several hours to deliver your checked luggage, the airlines misdirect over three million pieces of baggage per year.
- A personal observation – it’s interesting how many people trust the airlines to transport their luggage hundreds or thousands of miles, but don’t trust DME (which uses GPS tracking on its delivery trucks and scans each tag five times and knows where each piece is once DME has possession of it) to move it twenty mile.
- Most frequently when luggage takes more than three or four hours, it’s because the airline sent it somewhere else; the passenger isn’t aware of this because by registering, checking in, and using DME, that service takes over responsibility for locating and delivering said misdirected luggage. However, passengers/Guests tend to blame DME if their luggage is late because, well, many aren’t aware of this – or that if they hadn’t used the luggage portion of DME, they’d be at the airport first futilely watching the baggage carousel circle endlessly, then stop without producing their suitcase; then they’d be in the Lost Luggage office fighting hordes of others in the same situation, filling out forms and stressing the urgency of their personal situation over that of all others…
- Yellow-tagged luggage never makes it onto the carousel. It’s all pulled before any luggage enters the airport. If you put the yellow tags on your luggage, it will not appear on the carousel and you will not be able to change your mind and pick it up yourself. Period.
- Guests who arrive properly prepared (see “always always… item”) should never need to go back and pick up their own luggage, at any time. According to a DME CM (see the Transportation Board), luggage IS delivered to Walt Disney World all night, albeit less frequently because, well, there’s less luggage to deliver at 1 AM than at 1 PM for example. Guests arriving late and not wanting to be awakened should take three steps: (a) Tell the CM while they’re checking in that they’d like their luggage held until morning; (b) Call Bell Services/Luggage Assistance from their room and repeat that message; and (c) Place the “Privacy Please” card in the key slot of the room door.

NHDisneyKid
08-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Just a heads up on my previous ME experience...The last time we arrived at 11:00 pm, Sept. '06, when I booked ME, the CM told me that the baggage handlers don't pull bags past 11:00 and that we would have to grab our own bags and bring them over to the bus. This definitely may have changed in the past year, does anyone else know? :confused3

I Run Long
08-24-2007, 10:32 AM
I have no information to offer you since we are going for the first time in 9 days. I just wanted to wish to the best vacation ever!!pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

honeymo78
08-24-2007, 10:47 AM
In March we had a flight that arrived around 10:30 or 11pm. DME took care of our bags and we called early the next morning (7ish) and bags were promptly delivered to our room.