PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary in Oct of 2008

koho
08-23-2007, 12:56 PM
I am planning a trip to WDW and thinking about staying in the Contemporary. But when I tried to pull up dates in October of 2008 the web site said the resort is all booked up. All the other resorts seem to be open. Anyone have a clue to why the Contemporary would be completely booked already?

Thanks,
Mark

ilvdisney1234
08-24-2007, 08:53 PM
The same thing happened to me when I tried to book something during the first three weeks of August 2008. I called AAA and they checked with Disney - Disney said that there are conventions at the Contemp those weeks and rooms are blacked out for the conventions. Disney told the AAA agent that the rooms would open up anywhere from 1-6 months from now and that I should call and check the status every month.

Lives4Disney
08-24-2007, 09:04 PM
I am planning a trip to WDW and thinking about staying in the Contemporary. But when I tried to pull up dates in October of 2008 the web site said the resort is all booked up. All the other resorts seem to be open. Anyone have a clue to why the Contemporary would be completely booked already?

Thanks,
Mark

October is a BIG convention month. There is a golf tournament going on, the Gartner Symposium ( which is HUGE), and more that I don't know about. Gartner is at the S/D & most attendees stay there and at the Epcot resorts, but when DH would go we would choose to stay at the CR. At the CR, we'd constantly see people with conference name badges on and several golf guys around, too.

I agree, just keep checking. Things open up all the time.:thumbsup2

Good luck!

Lives4Disney :)

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
08-24-2007, 09:04 PM
I agree that it must have something to do with a convention. However since October 2008 is a long time from now, if you keep checking eventually some rooms at the Contemporary will open up.