PDA

View Full Version : Door Decorating Ideas ASAP!!!!!!!

TheMickey6
08-23-2007, 12:33 PM
Ok so we are leaving for POP in a couple of days:cheer2: :cool1: and we want to do some door decorating! We've gotten a few Disney stickers... but if anyone has some ideas or pictures of what they have done that would be FABULOUS!!!:goodvibes Thanks so much!:)

cousinbb
08-23-2007, 12:47 PM
My family and I have made mickey heads with glued magnets on the back and we stick them to the door. They are alot of fun to do.

d's do disney
08-23-2007, 01:06 PM
oooh, that sounds like alot of fun. We usually do window clings and sometimes hang lights in the window. Do all resorts have metal doors?

CathrynRose
08-23-2007, 01:07 PM
:thumbsup2
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1551829

Irishhockey
08-23-2007, 01:39 PM
We'll be at ASmu in Sept and have decided to decorate our window and door...

For our door, we're using magnet paper and printing out images with phrases.
We have a picture of Lilo and Stitch eating Ice Cream with "We majored in Vacation" and have another image where we cropped our faces over there's with or nick names. Since we have a theme, we'll add a couple of palm trees and other Lilo and Stitch images/phrases and the occasional color themed paint chips. We plan on having another one with our furbabys that says: "O'hana means family... family means no one gets left behind"

We have gone "all out" for our window decorations... making foam scenes of each park with pictures and what not. Right now we only have our "Meet the princesses," MGM, and Typhoon Lagoon ones. I'll be sure to post pictures when they're all completed.

I think this is such a great way to really get excited about a trip!

Edited to add:
All the value and moderate resorts do have metal doors (exterior facing) and possibly even OKW and SSR. I'm not aware of any magnetic deluxe room doors.

Tonya2426
08-23-2007, 02:44 PM
SSR had magnetic doors. We were there a few weeks ago and I fun decorating our door. As we were checking out a family stopped my Mom and said "what happened to the signs - we liked reading them each morning". That made it much more fun to know that someone other than me thought decorating the door was cute.

This trip I actually printed out my designs on regular paper and bought the laminating sheets and used the magnetic tape (from Michael's) and it worked much better than the printable magnetic sheets - the colors were much more vivid and I didn't have to worry about the colors running if they got wet or it was too humid.

We are staying at ASMusic in October and am looking forward to hanging lights and decorating our window in addition to our door. My Mom (aka wdw travel buddy) thinks I am crazy but she thinks its fun since she its all that computer savvy.

I have heard that it is best to personalize your door signs since some people will steal them. (Its never happened to me but I usually add our names just to be cute anyways.)

Have a great trip!!!

P.S. There is also a forum just for designs (Creative DISigns) which has lots of design ideas for decorations. Just scroll down to the end of the forum list and it should be one of the last ones.

Irishhockey
08-23-2007, 04:04 PM
This trip I actually printed out my designs on regular paper and bought the laminating sheets and used the magnetic tape (from Michael's) and it worked much better than the printable magnetic sheets - the colors were much more vivid and I didn't have to worry about the colors running if they got wet or it was too humid

Excellent tip! Thank you so much... I'm going to go with this idea instead of the magnetic paper!

cheerforchelsea
08-23-2007, 05:09 PM
As many trips as I have made to WDW - I have never seen any doors or windows decorated ---- except for ours :confused3