PDA

View Full Version : Calling all AKL Experts

kribit
08-23-2007, 12:26 PM
I was looking at the AKL Villas and the rooms look beautiful. From my understanding, Disney renovated exisiting Lodge rooms into DVC. Is this accurate? Does anyone know when the actual DVC building(s) are going to be complete for booking. My mom just asked me this am, (thinking I knew everything), and I have no idea about this. I've read completion in the fall of 07, but is that the existing Lodge rooms, or new construction?

Thanks!!

pixie08
08-23-2007, 02:12 PM
Yes Disney is renovgating exisitng rooms into DVC and I believ fall 07 is the date for that. The new building probably will not go up until the sell those shares- this is just my assumption based on how they ran ssr though. A DVC member would be more knowledgable on that- maybe you should post on the DVC board??? I am also anxiuos to see how it turns out!

kikiq
08-23-2007, 02:17 PM
As far I know from just purchasing DVC, the DVC area in the Jambo House is open and DVC members are booking those rooms. The Jambo House renovated DVC rooms WERE scheduled to be completed May 2008 but they are ahead of schedule...maybe by the end of this year. When we were at AKL two weeks ago, there was construction in the are of the new Kadani building. Kadani is scheduled to be completed 2009.

Ratpack
08-23-2007, 02:24 PM
As posted, the rooms that are ready are open to book but are hard to come by as all of us new members are grabbing them up. But it never hurts to try and get one.

kribit
08-23-2007, 03:57 PM
As posted, the rooms that are ready are open to book but are hard to come by as all of us new members are grabbing them up. But it never hurts to try and get one.

That's what I thought. My parents were thinking of coming with us in December and they want to stay at AKL. I thought it would be more convenient to get a Villa, but it sounds as if we'd be competing with DVC members, which we (unfortunately) are not. Someday...I hope.

Thanks to everyone that replied. Appreciated! :)