PDA

View Full Version : What is up with the lack of service from the GF Concierge

nemofan
08-23-2007, 10:23 AM
I sent a email to the GF concierge on Monday monring and still have heard nothing. We are taking the magical express and our tickets have the wrong dates on them & asked if they could email me my reservations that I have made...no email back!
Not loving the service as of yet!:confused3

milkshake
08-23-2007, 10:31 AM
HI Nemo, We just got back staying concierge and we also took the magical express and had to make some last minute changes to our transfers. The best way to handle that is by calling Magical express directly as they were great at being sure our new plans were taken care of. Here is the number:
I only used concierge for ticket plans, hotel plans, and such. I would take the direct route to insure no problems ... so give them a call directly.
Magical Express# 1-866-599-0951

When ever I sent them an email with a question, usually Calvin from concierge sent a response within 24 hours. I didn't have a chance to meet him since I think he was in the main building and we were at the lodge side.
Have a wonderful trip!
I'm planning on posting a trip report on the trip report page soon!:surfweb:

nemofan
08-23-2007, 10:33 AM
thank you! I cant wait to see your report!

Alicnwondrln
08-23-2007, 11:14 AM
calvin is in the IPo office which is different than that onsite staffs at the lounges themselves. I know when calvin was helping us he was always off monday and tuesday. I never heard from anyone else but him. I dont know how else is helping him. I would send out another emaill or call DME like the other poster said.

Sammie
08-23-2007, 12:50 PM
There is never any excuse for poor service and I don't know what is acceptable turn around for emails but just so you know the IPO offices handle not just one resort but others as well.

So even though you are going to a Grand Floridian guest you are not dealing the concierge staff until you arrive, you are dealing with the IPO staff, which I think is considerally understaffed.

nemofan
08-23-2007, 01:32 PM
I got got a email only took 4 days LOL!

milkshake
08-23-2007, 07:43 PM
I"m starting to do my report little by little because of time but here is a link to my photo page..
file://C:\Documents and Settings\spee\My Documents\Picasa HTML Exports\Disneyworld 2007\index.html

you may have to cut and paste. I've started my trip report on the trip report page
GF Wildlife safari/P & P quick trip.. thanks

Dicecatt
08-23-2007, 08:00 PM
I'm staying Contemporary Concierge, but I've been speaking with Becky, who is located at the GF, and she has been fantastic...she even called me twice despite us emailing, which I find very thoughtful. Maybe you should try asking for her?

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
08-23-2007, 08:02 PM
I agree there is no excuse for bad service from the IPO, however the Grand Floridian IPO Cast Members also handle things for guests staying at the Contemporary, on the Atrium Club and Tower Club floors. So my guess is there is also a back log of guests who are staying there wanting to make requests and etc, along with guests staying in Royal Palm and Sugar Loaf at the Grand Floridian.