PDA

View Full Version : Pool Area rules

xipetotec
08-23-2007, 11:11 AM
What is the minimum age for a kids to go to the pool area by themselves? More specifically AKL.

I know one should use common sense, but at the same time, there ARE different rules in different places and I want to make sure we don't get in trouble. Our kids go to the community pool by themselves.

Lilolvr
08-23-2007, 11:16 AM
Just because you are at WDW, doesn't mean you should think your child is safe from things that happen in the outside world. One father and son saved a small girl from being abducted at a WDW pool (I forget the resort) recently.

xipetotec
08-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Wow, I never said that. As I also stated, they are old enough that they go to the community pool by themselves. But I don't know what the actual pool rules are regarding this.

Deb & Bill
08-23-2007, 01:19 PM
I think it is something like 12 or maybe older to be at the pool alone. However, that said, I wouldn't leave my kids alone at a pool.

Jaymie
08-23-2007, 01:23 PM
I have no idea the answer to this one. But I'm sure if you don't get answer before you get there, they have signs posted at the pool.

Lilolvr
08-23-2007, 01:30 PM
Yes, the rule is 12 and under need adult supervision. I wasn't trying to imply anything, just giving a warning to be careful.

Disney Lifeguard
08-23-2007, 05:56 PM
12 and under is the rule and technically you must be in the pool with them.

cinmell
08-23-2007, 05:59 PM
Just because you are at WDW, doesn't mean you should think your child is safe from things that happen in the outside world. One father and son saved a small girl from being abducted at a WDW pool (I forget the resort) recently.

It was at the Swan or Dolphin. I don't rember which one of the two it happened at.

Mayl
08-23-2007, 06:42 PM
no offense but if you need signs to tell you when it is "ok" to let your kids go to the pool alone, you got other things to worry about..

I would never imagine letting my kids at 12 years old, go to a packed disney resort alone..

cara loves the poly
08-23-2007, 08:36 PM
no offense but if you need signs to tell you when it is "ok" to let your kids go to the pool alone, you got other things to worry about..

I would never imagine letting my kids at 12 years old, go to a packed disney resort alone..

well, then you don't have to!

Cool-Beans
08-23-2007, 08:50 PM
no offense but if you need signs to tell you when it is "ok" to let your kids go to the pool alone, you got other things to worry about.. The OP did not ask if it was OK for her kids to go alone, she asked if Disney allowed it. I would never imagine letting my kids at 12 years old, go to a packed disney resort alone..She didn't ask that, either.

Sammie
08-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Actually the rule is children "under" 12 must have adult supervision.

safetymom
08-23-2007, 10:41 PM
The question has been answered. Thank you. I am going to close this before it turns into a debate.