PDA

View Full Version : Took the plunge and upgraded to POFQ

scribega
08-23-2007, 10:08 AM
After week/months of contemplating upgrading from ASMu to POFQ we finally did it yesterday. I read so much on these boards about POFQ and upgrading and how much people like POFQ so we finally did it. The cost difference for us was only about $60 per night.

We showed our daughter the dragon slide on the disney web site last night and she got so excited. We are excited and can't wait.

Any tips for POFQ??

disneydreamer1970
08-23-2007, 10:17 AM
We have decided to upgrade our stay from POP Century to POFQ! The grounds look beautiful and I really can't wait to stay at a resort that it a little smaller and quieter. We are looking forward to our stay too even though it is over a year away!!

Have fun!!

Trish

dlpcarden
08-23-2007, 10:21 AM
I would love to stay at POFQ for our next trip. It just seems much more expensive than a value resort. :sad1:

I know our boys would love the themed pools. I just don't think that we could swing it. But who knows things could change...:wizard:

I'mNoPrince
08-23-2007, 11:14 AM
We switched last Oct to POFQ from POP . We really enjoy POP but POFQ was just a different vibe all around. We are DVC members but try to stay at a Value if it's just a long weekend trip.

Just very friendly and relaxed .Everything is so close at the resort .

The boat to DTD is a great small trip .

I just think you can't go wrong with this resort in anyway. Enjoy your trip. We are still looking into maybe an quick 3day Oct weekend if the fight prices come down enough.And we will try to get POFQ first.

CurvesGirl1081
08-23-2007, 11:19 AM
We stayed at POFQ in December of 2006 for a week and loved it! The only suggestion I would make is to request a room that is close to the dining facilities which also happens to be really close to the pool, and hottub! Otherwise you might be doing more walking than you want, and trust me even in the morning when you are refreshed and ready to go, you will want to conserve your energy for the day!
:dumbo:

yasmina
08-23-2007, 11:20 AM
After week/months of contemplating upgrading from ASMu to POFQ we finally did it yesterday. I read so much on these boards about POFQ and upgrading and how much people like POFQ so we finally did it. The cost difference for us was only about $60 per night.

We showed our daughter the dragon slide on the disney web site last night and she got so excited. We are excited and can't wait.

Any tips for POFQ??

Congratulations! We did (almost) the exact same thing - upgraded from ASMo to POFQ.

It was SO worth the extra money! We met some of the nicest people there - both guests and cms. I made a friend who I imagine will be a friend for life. She and I had so much in common.

Advice? Try the muffalatta sandwich! It was out of this world! In spite of a communication problem w/ the cm (she didn't speak English well and was very soft-spoken, and got mad at ME when I had to ask her to repeat herself numerous times:confused3 ). That was one of the best sandwiches I've ever had!

I'm sure someone will be along to recommend the beignets. I found them to be OK. They tasted good, but I thought they were tough. My teeth hurt after eating them.

You're going to LOVE POFQ!

monikay
08-23-2007, 11:40 AM
Hello! We chose POFQ for 2 reasons. First, I like that it is smaller. Second, the dragon slide! My kids are going to love it. THis is our first WDW vacation to stay on property.:cutie: January can't get here fast enough!!!!:cool1:

thruthelookinglass19
08-23-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm new to the board - and this thread caught my eye!! We just booked our trip last week, we couldn't decide between ASMU or POFQ and our travel agent found us a great promotion - so we are staying at POFQ too!!

We go October 28 - November and am so excited to go to our first MNSSHP!!!

disneydreamer1970
08-23-2007, 11:45 AM
thruthelookinglass19 - Welcome to the board!!! You are going to love it here and will soon be addicted. Welcome to the club!!! :thumbsup2 :banana: :yay:

Trish

thruthelookinglass19
08-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Thanks so much!!! Trust me, I'm already addicted!! It's fabulous to see how many other folks out there are as silly about all things Disney as I am!!!

candykisses
08-23-2007, 11:51 AM
I think all of you will enjoy POFQ.

We just returned last night from a 15 day stay there and we had a wonderful time.