PDA

View Full Version : Need help with meal deals and ?s

bluegrizzlies1
08-22-2007, 10:27 PM
How good of a deal are these meal deals.

Can I only get them if I stay at DL hotel or a good neighbor or can I book it staying somewhere else.

I had a friend tell me they did it at disneyworld and they loved it saved them money in the long run.

lots of great info on this board I was looking at going dec 8-12 4 days in the park just went in aug 5-9 had a blast wanted to see it at christmas time.

My 2 yr old daughter wants to know when we can go back to ride piartes and the scary house.

Trying to decide if I should book across the street or priceline it I tried the entertainment card at hojo but it was not available at the time.

Anyone know the hrs dec 8-12 has it been posted yet

thanks for any replies

squirrel
08-22-2007, 10:33 PM
I have seen this posted before and it seems the answer is no it is not really worth it for DLR. You get vouchers in dollar amounts and you have to use them in the parks. Also no change will be given so if the item is less than $5 then you either buy something else or loose the difference.

I have heard that it is worth it for WDW. If you do decide to get a dining plan get it for less days than you will be there then you won't have leftover vouchers.

bluegrizzlies1
08-22-2007, 10:40 PM
I was thiinking about getting 3 day plan but be in the park 4 days well half of day but it would count as a day you guys know what I mean.

Yeah thats why I asked because they got it for walt disney world so I wasnt sure if it was good for disneyland.

squirrel
08-22-2007, 10:44 PM
WDW is also bigger and has more dining options.

There are also so many great places to eat outside of DLR that aren't that far away. They are also a lot cheeper than the restraunts in the park.

Mimi's and Millie's near the Hojo's have been mentioned quite a bit on the DISboards. I'm sure you will hear about others!

bumbershoot
08-23-2007, 12:29 AM
It is not at all the same, for DL as it is for WDW. In WDW you get credits, and can order different items and it counts the same. At DL you get monetary-value vouchers and you use them instead of cash. There is almost no savings.

The one benefit of it is that you pay for your meals ahead of time, and that's nice for budgeting.

But like someone mentioned, b/c you get money-value vouchers, if you buy something that is less than the voucher you use, you will NOT get change. If you buy things that cost more than the voucher you use, you will have to add your own cash.

Now, we did consider buying a 3 day dining plan for our 4 day trip, to use it more as extras...so we don't have to pay cash cash cash for every meal and snack. But we decided not to.

I don't know if you can get the dining plan if you have a hotel-only reservation, but I do know you can buy it if you get a package with hotels and tickets, even if it's a Good Neighbor (rather than DLR) hotel. And you can, I was told by several people here, buy less days than you'll be there. It seems they are not dated.

I booked through Costco travel, but also looked at AAA and even directly through disneyland.com...all of them use Walt Disney Travel Company, and all offer the dining plan. If you look at those sites, you can read a bit more about it, and do the math yourself, see if you think it will work for you!

bluegrizzlies1
08-23-2007, 12:34 AM
thanks for the feedback

I was also looking for discounted 4 day hooper passes in aug I got them for 149.00 through travelocity. I did see them for 139.00 through the gay lesbian site. Anywhere else I can get them for cheaper just always looking for ways to save money sometimes you can and other times you bite the bullet and just pay full price.