PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Caribbean drops

RallyMonkey
08-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Hi!
My kids and I went on POTC last night for the first time since June. I've been on this ride dozens of times over my lifetime. You know the second shorter drop in the ride? It was fully lit up and you could see the drop ahead of you and everything. Tell me that I am not crazy and that the second drop used to be pitch black, too! Did they just recently change this or am I nuts?

wendypooh22
08-22-2007, 04:10 PM
I totally agree with you! I remember going thru all of the drops as well as the "cave" section in the dark.... Since the refurb, the second drop as well as the part up until the pirate quarter's scenes are also lit up...

Jennifer03
08-22-2007, 04:52 PM
You're not nuts. I just went on the ride this past June since they redid it, and I saw the second drop as we were approaching it.

Master Mason
08-22-2007, 05:12 PM
I think it was from the extra lighting in the whole cave area that allows you to see the second drop, I always remebered knowing where it was, just couldn't see it as well before.

I don't mind the capt jack stuff, but to me it was a much better ride back in the 70's and early 80's

flipturngirl
08-22-2007, 05:34 PM
I remember going on it last year and being able to see it lit up... i thought that it was odd

NVDisMom
08-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Maybe they are trying to appease the crowd who insists on using flash in there.:rotfl2: I'm kidding! I liked it better dark too.

tracer
08-22-2007, 06:18 PM
Yup we too noticed the change. DS1 likes it better because he can prep himself and it doesn't scare him as much. pirate:

arliepooh68
08-22-2007, 09:14 PM
the flash is one thing, it is a few seconds, truly don't mind that, try getting in a boat with a nimrod wearing the freakin glowy things . . . needless to say he did not listen to anyone, I had a migraine getting ready to kick in when I finally got off the ride, I sat sideways in the opposite direction with my eyes closed for majority of the ride. . . complained to the CM. . . they apologized profusely and let us ride in our own lil boat. . . kind of nice.

what I truly laugh at is the people that honestly think a flashwill help them get a pic of, blonde moment here, the dude in the fog with the tentacles. . . I know BLONDE big time moment. . .