PDA

View Full Version : ADR times..too early???

chicknoodle99
08-22-2007, 02:07 PM
We are going Sept 3-8 and have ADR's for the four days we are there. The problem is that we could not get anything that was "dinnertime" and it was either before 4p or after 9p.

Here is what I have:

Tues, Sept 4th Wispering Canyon Cafe 2:40pm - lunch
Weds, Sept 5th Coral Reef 2:50pm - lunch
Thurs, Sept 6th Fantasmic dinner pkg - Hollywood & Vine 4:30pm - dinner
Friday, Sept 7th Ohana 4:00pm - dinner

I was told the dinner at WCC and CF are not that much different than dinner. Has anyone had to eat early like that and found it to work out okay with your touring schedules? My DD is 2 1/2 and she will need to nap during the day so we will go EMH early and maybe nap around noonish to be back at the parks for 2:30pm meal.

Has this worked for anyone else? I am sure that we are not the only ones with early ADR's but I am getting more and more concerned as we get closer.

I also know there are some restaurants that are not as popular therefore they are easier to get into at a later time. Should I keep my ADR's or try to change to a not-so-popular restaurant?? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Stephanie

Family5LovesDisney
08-22-2007, 02:17 PM
We are going Sept 3-8 and have ADR's for the four days we are there. The problem is that we could not get anything that was "dinnertime" and it was either before 4p or after 9p.

Here is what I have:

Tues, Sept 4th Wispering Canyon Cafe 2:40pm - lunch
Weds, Sept 5th Coral Reef 2:50pm - lunch
Thurs, Sept 6th Fantasmic dinner pkg - Hollywood & Vine 4:30pm - dinner
Friday, Sept 7th Ohana 4:00pm - dinner

I was told the dinner at WCC and CF are not that much different than dinner. Has anyone had to eat early like that and found it to work out okay with your touring schedules? My DD is 2 1/2 and she will need to nap during the day so we will go EMH early and maybe nap around noonish to be back at the parks for 2:30pm meal.

Has this worked for anyone else? I am sure that we are not the only ones with early ADR's but I am getting more and more concerned as we get closer.

I also know there are some restaurants that are not as popular therefore they are easier to get into at a later time. Should I keep my ADR's or try to change to a not-so-popular restaurant?? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Stephanie

Your two very late lunches will be tricky with your DD's nap schedule. If you are staying at the Wilderness Lodge, your Whispering Canyon might work out. If not, it may take you a while to get there if you are only using Disney transportation.

I think your two early dinners will work out fine.

famsen
08-22-2007, 02:21 PM
I'm in the same boat as you. We are going the last week Sept/first week of Oct. We decided to add the Dining Plan about a month ago and started making ADRs at that time. The only available times are either before 4:00 or after 8:00pm. We've got Chef Mickey's dinner on our first night for 8:50pm and dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe at 2:40pm :scared1: ! Those are ridiculous times for us but was all we could get. The other ADRs we got aren't much better. I wish I could have had better times but I didn't know we would be on the plan 180 days ago when we could have started booking. Heck I don't even think I even had our whole vacation booked 180 days ago!

zaxmom
08-22-2007, 04:41 PM
My family seems to always eat "dinner" around 4:00 or so on days off and vacations. It is usually our only real meal of the day, though. Of course, those are the days I really get to sleep in. One CM suggested 4ish as a good time because you can still see a parade usually and you will be in the restaurant when those late pm thunderstorms hit.