PDA

View Full Version : Ohana and picky child!

Nursejilly
08-22-2007, 12:21 PM
Hi, we have ressies at Ohana this november and are going to be on the DDP. My DD age 11 is extremely picky and i know she will not want to eat anything on the regular menu! I know she is considered an adult on the plan but i really don't want to waste a TS. Is it okay to just pay out of pocket for a kids grilled cheese for her?? We are thinking of saving 2 of her TS meals and paying OOP for her and then booking an extra ADR so my DH and I can use the TS. Has anyone done this?? I would appreciate any comments!:)

thunderbird1
08-22-2007, 01:32 PM
I really don't think that will work at 'Ohana, because it's a "family style" restaurant. You could pay OOP for her, but it would have to be the full (adult) price of the dinner--they don't have a menu of a la carte items. If she doesn't like the food, I'm sure they would be happy to bring her something like mac n cheese or chicken strips (from Kona's kids' menu) at no extra charge, but there's no way to get around paying regular price for the meal.

At a regular TS restaurant, you shouldn't have any problem ordering her something simple and saving her credits for another meal--people do that all the time. It's just buffets and family style restaurants where it likely wouldn't be worth it. Have fun!

mickeysgirl17
08-22-2007, 02:10 PM
My DD is picky and had a problem with the food at Ohana's. We requested some chicken strips for her and we would pay OOP. Unfortunately, they brought out a huge adult plate and charged us $12 for it!!!! Make sure you specify that you want a child's portion.

Disneynut71
08-22-2007, 02:19 PM
i'm not sure if Ohana does this but just last week we were at Liberty Tree and my son did not want what was for dinner. The server brought him chicken strips and fries and did not charge us extra.

I have only had breakfast at Ohana and it was wonderful.

Nursejilly
08-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the responses! I guess i understand why we would have to give up 3 TS for Ohana...So do you think we could pay OOP for DD age 11 at WCC or Sci-fi?? We have ADR's there as well. The rest of our ADR's are at LTT, Akershus,Biergarten and Crystal Palace (all family style/buffet). I just want to make the most of our DDP and enjoy an extra ADR if i can.:)

thunderbird1
08-22-2007, 04:21 PM
I think you'd be fine ordering for her off the children's menu and paying OOP (keep in mind you might have to pay a little more than the child's price, but they could bring you a bigger portion, and it would still be cheaper than the value of an adult TS credit) at either Sci-Fi or WCC. At WCC, she wouldn't be able to order the skillet (as it's served family style) or eat off the skillet, if someone else ordered it. She would be welcome to share your appetizers and desserts at either place, though.

And make sure you'll actually be able to use up those extra TS credits before you save them. A lot of people have reported paying OOP for (cheap) snacks and breakfasts to save their credits for more expensive items, only to end up not using the saved credits.