PDA

View Full Version : Labour Day Weekend Crowds

imajoseph
08-22-2007, 10:14 AM
I have bought a 2 day hopper pass and am planning to use 1 of the days over the Labour Day weekend and the second day on the following Friday (hoping the crowds will have dissapeared by then)

Which day is the quieter if any , the Sunday or Monday? and what are the crowds like on these days and what am i looking at for average wait times in the parks?

Thanks
Chris (9 days and counting)

DangerMouse
08-22-2007, 10:17 AM
I went Labor Day weekend in 2005 and Monday was much quieter than Sunday. I was actually surprised at how uncrowded it was. Have fun! :thumbsup2

disneylandgeeksx4
08-22-2007, 10:23 AM
I second that opinion. We went the same time in 05. Thats why we're off to do it agin in 11 days!!! The crowds really shrink with the new school year starting. We had the best time ever during this time frame. The Friday might pick up some, but I would think the logic still applies. The locals would still be in school.

arliepooh68
08-22-2007, 08:17 PM
sunday is the family run and kids running events for the 1/2 marathon and monday is the 1/2 marathon itself. . .

any questions ya'll would like me to ask when I go get my volunteer packet for the event????

seobaina
08-22-2007, 08:35 PM
sorry to sound thick here but I'm not from the USA. When are the labor day holidays? Are the kids off for a week, or just the weekend? Thanks

squirrel
08-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Labour Day Weekend is the first weekend in Sept. The children should all be back at school on the 4th this year (Tues.)

Up here in Canada I believe all the children start school on the 4th, unless it is a private school or college/university.

In the USA the children have different start dates depending on where they live. Some start in August and others in Sept.

seobaina
08-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Thank you