PDA

View Full Version : AP Questions

HundredAcreWoody
08-22-2007, 01:16 AM
Hi, all! I just purchased the 215-day So Cal Annual Pass online (with a printable eTicket) and wondered if it was possible to activate it on a blockout day (I'd like to go on the first Saturday in October) and have access to both parks on that day. I already know about not having to pay the extra $30 if you purchase it that day at the Resort, but as this is an advance online purchase, I'm unclear as to whether this would work or not. Does anyone have any experience with this here?

Also, I want to be sure that I have all the necessary cards/documents with me at the AP processing center. What exactly constitutes acceptable "proof of residency"? Is a Driver's License/CA ID card enough or do I need more? (Still living with Mom so don't have a separate utilities bill, but do have bank statements).

Finally, as an AP holder, can I purchase a significantly reduced price 1-day park hopper for a friend?

Thanks in advance! :)

Oh, and what happens exactly after I present my eTicket to the CM at the turnstile? Briefly take me through the "getting your AP" process if you can. Moi!

disneegrl4eva
08-22-2007, 07:59 AM
Hi, all! I just purchased the 215-day So Cal Annual Pass online (with a printable eTicket) and wondered if it was possible to activate it on a blockout day (I'd like to go on the first Saturday in October) and have access to both parks on that day. I already know about not having to pay the extra $30 if you purchase it that day at the Resort, but as this is an advance online purchase, I'm unclear as to whether this would work or not. Does anyone have any experience with this here?

Also, I want to be sure that I have all the necessary cards/documents with me at the AP processing center. What exactly constitutes acceptable "proof of residency"? Is a Driver's License/CA ID card enough or do I need more? (Still living with Mom so don't have a separate utilities bill, but do have bank statements).

Finally, as an AP holder, can I purchase a significantly reduced price 1-day park hopper for a friend?

Thanks in advance! :)

Oh, and what happens exactly after I present my eTicket to the CM at the turnstile? Briefly take me through the "getting your AP" process if you can. Moi!

you know thats a good question...I know that if people have PH passes that they want to use towards an AP they can go on a blackout day but coming into the park without a ticket on a blackout day I dont know...Im curious to find out what happens....

as far as ID...DL is fine...no problem...

and no you cant get tickets for someone at a reduced price:confused3 sorry..

when you give your ticket to the cm at the turnstile they will direct you to the bank where you will go in and show them your id, get your photo taken and then be given your card..easy as pie:goodvibes

DLR29
08-22-2007, 10:38 AM
Actually, I believe you can. You buy the AP at the gate, but you have to enter the park to get it processed, so you do get into the park on a blockout day.

talie95
08-22-2007, 11:45 AM
I think you should be fine. We bought ours in advance too but we bought them at the ticket booths the night before we were planning to use them so we wouldn't have to wait in line the next morning. The next day was a blockout but we were able to enter the park anyway. The CM will tell you to go to the bank to get your AP processed and take your picture. Just your driver's license is all we had to show to provide proof of residency. You can process your AP anytime but it has to be done that day.
As far as buying discount tickets for friends, I'm not sure. You can probably call to find out about that. Good luck!!

DisQueen
08-22-2007, 11:58 AM
You can absolutely activate your AP on a block out day. We did that in December last year. I bought the AP's earlier in the month and we all activated them on the 26th. I suggest you process your pass as early in the day as possible because I've noticed the lines get longer later in the day.

As for a one day ticket...not much luck. You can purchase a discounted, So-Cal resident ticket on the website. Since you purchased your AP, I'm guessing your zip code is valid. We have done this and never has a CM questioned (or even asked for) proof of residency. Local Pavilions/Vons stores also offer one-day tickets at the same reduced price as shown on the website. These tickets also allow you to skip the ticket booth and enter as the turnstiles.

If you plan to add parking to your AP, bring your parking receipt with you and the bank/processing center will apply that day's parking to your parking pass.

Have fun!

tynkrbell1977
08-22-2007, 12:07 PM
Hi there! pirate:

First off, yes you can activate on a block out day and they dont even charge you the $30! =) My sis and I just went and she had her new AP to activate. The CM at the ticket booth used hers as a park hopper. All she had to do was go in and straight to the bank and get her pic taken. Now this was on a Deluxe but I am sure the procedure will be the same. And they allowed her to hop as well. :banana:

All you will need is your ID. Actually I dont think they even asked me for that. Mine was a renewal so they just verified my info with me. But they mainly want it for your address. :hmghost:

Unfortunately you cannot get discounted tickets. I think you get 10% off at select restaurants. No merchandise though. Double check that on Disney.com. The Southern CA may be different than the Deluxe. :sad2:

OK...After you show the CM your E ticket, go through the right tunnel on your way into the park. (The one by the stroller/wheel chair rental). The bank is right past the souvenir stand on your right. If you go 1st thing in the morning there normally isnt a line. They are really quick in there and they will give you your AP with pic on it in about 10 minutes! :mickeyjum

Have fun and enjoy your new pass!!!! =) pixiedust:

HundredAcreWoody
08-22-2007, 04:54 PM
Thank you all for your warm, speedy replies and expert clarity! I feel like less of a Tweedledum right now. :) A shame about the park-hopper, though, but you can't win everything. Much love!