PDA

View Full Version : Which PP concierge location should I request?

Crazy4Disney72
08-21-2007, 11:50 PM
LOL, our November trip started out more budget-minded....we were going to stay offsite at one of the hotels on Harbor right across the street from DL, but the more I thought about it, I really wanted to stay onsite for DH's first trip to DL. I think I figured out (with the help of this board) that we would actually be closer if we stayed offsite, but I really think I would miss the little Disney touches, not to mention early entry, if we stayed offsite. With the AP4 rates being so good, we first booked DLH but then changed to PP because for the same price as DLH, we would have concierge. It's city view, not the resort view we had at DLH, but breakfast for 5 people makes it worth it to not have the great view!

My question to those who have stayed at PP city view concierge before, which floor should I request? I understand that it is totally a request, not a guarantee at all, but if I have a preference it doesn't hurt to let them know! I have read there are 'cabana' rooms on the third floor, supposedly making access to the pool easier, but I'm having trouble picturing how that would be. Can you really go from your patio right to the pool area? If so, this might be the way to go because I know my kids will want to swim. However, does this make the rooms very noisy if they are right by the pool?

Any suggestions? Thanks!

victorandbellasmom
08-22-2007, 12:21 AM
My question to those who have stayed at PP city view concierge before, which floor should I request?
We had boooked a city view concierge room and got upgraded to a DCA view. Had we not been upgraded, I would have wanted a 2nd floor room as it was on the same floor as the concierge lounge.

I have read there are 'cabana' rooms on the third floor, supposedly making access to the pool easier, but I'm having trouble picturing how that would be. Can you really go from your patio right to the pool area?
The cabana rooms have the same pool access as everyone else on the 3rd floor. You don't need an elevator to get to the pool, you just walk out the hotel room door and back through the hallways out to the pool door. The balconies don't have a door that opens to the pool area. You'll still have to leave your room through your hotel room door.

However, does this make the rooms very noisy if they are right by the pool?
As we've never stayed by the pool or in the cabana rooms, I'm not sure how noisy it can get. We had an upper floor room and don't remember hearing the street traffic.
Any suggestions?

bumbershoot
08-22-2007, 12:56 AM
This does not necessarily answer you, but have you seen the thread that talks about paradise pier? It's up in/from the sticky threads, first the "Important please read" thread, then "Hotel Info", and finally Paradise Pier Hotel Info - with pictures (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=8920767#post8920767).

At around the middle of that page, there are a couple pictures from the outside of the cabana rooms. Looks like you *could* just climb over the railings around the little patio, but the question is, would you want to? And how would you lock your room completely if no one else remained in the room?

Hope that helped a little bit!

Crazy4Disney72
08-22-2007, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the replies. Yes, I did read the PP hotel information and saw those pictures, it was actually those pictures that had me confused because it didn't look like you could actually get anywhere from those patios, at least not without climbing over the rails, but I read somewhere, maybe it was a review on tripadvisor, maybe it was somewhere else, I've been reading as much as I can about PP, about concierge level pool access cabana rooms so I wondered if they actually were pool access or not, sounds like they aren't. Being on the same floor as the pool would be nice, but I think being on the same floor as the lounge would be even better, so I think that's what I will request. It would be really nice to be upgraded to DCA view, but if that doesn't happen, convenience to the lounge would be great. Thanks!

disney-super-mom
08-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Each cabana room patio HAS A GATE leading to the pool deck for easy access.:thumbsup2

If you look at the pictures again, you'll be able to see one of the patio gates open.

bumbershoot
08-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Wow, my eyes skipped right over that middle room! Sorry

Crazy4Disney72
08-22-2007, 01:35 PM

So did mine, and I have looked at those pictures many times! It wasn't until I just went back and looked again specifically looking for an open gate that I saw it! Now I'm trying to decide if proximity to the lounge is better or having that little patio for access to the pool. DH is not much for pools, usually it's me taking the kids to the pool and he takes a nap, so going out through the patio wouldn't be an issue, as someone is still in the room. It would also be nice for the two of us to be able to sit outside at night while the kids are in sleeping, so that patio option is looking better and better....LOL, I'm so indecisive! :rotfl:

Thanks for all the replies, and any other opinions, keep 'em comin'!

victorandbellasmom
08-22-2007, 02:39 PM

Me too!!! We went to the pool 3 times during our stay and we never even bothered to look at the balconies.

bumbershoot
08-22-2007, 03:02 PM
DH is not much for pools, usually it's me taking the kids to the pool and he takes a nap, so going out through the patio wouldn't be an issue, as someone is still in the room. It would also be nice for the two of us to be able to sit outside at night while the kids are in sleeping, so that patio option is looking better and better....LOL, I'm so indecisive! :rotfl:

Thanks for all the replies, and any other opinions, keep 'em comin'!

That sounds lovely. Now you have me drooling over the idea. :)

disney-super-mom
08-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Last year we went to the pool everyday (it was 90 degrees in October) and we saw guests out on their patios all the time. One family had younger teenagers (anywhere from 12-15 year olds), who would come and go to the pool then back to their patio for a snack or drink. All the while mom was sitting out there reading a book with her feet up, and I suppose keeping the snacks/drinks in good supply for the kids.

We also saw some couples enjoying a glass of wine one evening out on their patios.

Anyway, the weather was very nice and warm, and those who had cabana rooms were certainly taking advantage of their patios.