PDA

View Full Version : Plaza Inn & Firworks...Lots Of Questions

bouncy54
08-20-2007, 07:41 PM
The Plaza Inn is at the end of Main Street and to the right...right? (I've never been there before)

I'm thinking of using my Disney VISA points for a dinner there on Sunday, Nov. 11th. How much time do you think we'll need for a late dinner there on a holiday weekend evening? Will it take an hour? - 2 hours? - to be served and eat?

You see...I was thinking of trying to time our dinner so that when we're finished, it would be time to get a spot for the fireworks. Being that the hub is so close to the restaraunt, we'd at least be in the right area.

Last Veteran's Day weekend, the fireworks were at 9:25, so I thought I would make a PS for around 7:30 or 8:00 that night.

I know this has been asked and answered dozens of times already, but hey...I worked all day and I'm feeling lazy right now...:rotfl: When should I make my PS?

Re: the fireworks...Do they let people stand all around the entire hub or do they rope off areas so people can get to the other lands? If they do rope off areas, where and when?

From looking at the Satellite photo of DL, I see there are trees in the center of the hub. Other than standing right behind those trees...are there other areas of the hub that we should avoid because of a bad view of the castle?

If we stand in the hub, just to the right of the entrance to the Pavillion Inn, will we be able to see everything?

Ok...I guess I'm done for now. I could probably think of another dozen or so questions, but I have at least that many to ask about Fantasmic...later. That will be a whole other thread. :rotfl:

iceskatejen
08-20-2007, 09:29 PM
Plaza Inn is a cafeteria in the afternoons and evenings and does not take PS except for breakfast and the birthday parties. So, you'd need to get there by 8:30ish, have someone in your party snag a patio table (you can't see the fireworks from inside the restaurant), and the rest go get the food.

bouncy54
08-21-2007, 05:52 AM
Plaza Inn is a cafeteria in the afternoons and evenings and does not take PS except for breakfast and the birthday parties. So, you'd need to get there by 8:30ish, have someone in your party snag a patio table (you can't see the fireworks from inside the restaurant), and the rest go get the food.

Oh. Because it's listed as a full-service establishment and they serve real meals there, I just assumed they would let you make a PS. :confused3

iceskatejen
08-21-2007, 08:49 AM
I've never seen Plaza listed as full service. It's a QSR--quick service restraunt. Even at breakfast it's a buffet. Yes, it does show as taking PS, but only for breakfast (characters) and the b-day party.

bouncy54
08-21-2007, 09:16 AM
I've never seen Plaza listed as full service. It's a QSR--quick service restraunt. Even at breakfast it's a buffet. Yes, it does show as taking PS, but only for breakfast (characters) and the b-day party.

Thanks for the information. So...can anyone answer my questions about the hub and fireworks? Thanks.

iceskatejen
08-21-2007, 09:37 AM
There are roped off areas--the walkway immedietely in front of the castle remains a walkway as does that entire walkway between frontierland and tomorrowland. I know they make another behind the hub and then one through the hub. You can stand in the street areas for the most part (just not in the roped off walkways). Also, the walkways become one-way only. The ropes start going up around 7ish--after the second parade. The hub is roped by 7:30.