PDA

View Full Version : Picky Eater - Should I cancel Cali Grill??

j_lehr
08-20-2007, 06:51 PM
I am on the DDP so it will be 2 TS credits. I am not having doubts because of the scaled back menu or other rumors but because I am a really picky eater and I just saw some photos of the food. I am afraid that I will leave hungry and have wasted those credits. I will eat steak but I hate peppers, mashed potatoes, most veggies, etc. Will Cali Grill make food to order? Am I better off canceling? If I cancel, will I still find other TS restaurants to take it's place? We arrive at WDW on Sep 29. I tried to recently get an ADR for Ohana's for breakfast and I couldn't. Any advice?

Thanks,
Jessica

comicguy
08-20-2007, 07:06 PM
There are plenty of places to choose from. I would research and have a few in mind for the dates and times to replace the Cali Grill.

I say if in doubt then you should cancel but only after you have made another ADR

Minnie
08-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Personally, I'm extremely picky eater (check out my dining review in my signature) and I cancelled our ADR at the CG.

The only thing on the menu that I would have ate would be the deserts :rotfl2:

Definitely not worth the price. Now someone on here might be able to tell you if they will make food to order.

Such as they have steak on the menu. Will they serve it plain? I'm just not sure as we decided to skip it and go to ones we knew we'd like.

The WCC, O'Hana, Crystal Palace (any meal), Coral Reef (awesome steak), LeCellier and many others are safe for picky eaters. If I can help answer questions about a specific place let me know.

Xiarra
08-28-2007, 09:05 PM
I am on the DDP so it will be 2 TS credits. I am not having doubts because of the scaled back menu or other rumors but because I am a really picky eater and I just saw some photos of the food. I am afraid that I will leave hungry and have wasted those credits. I will eat steak but I hate peppers, mashed potatoes, most veggies, etc. Will Cali Grill make food to order? Am I better off canceling? If I cancel, will I still find other TS restaurants to take it's place? We arrive at WDW on Sep 29. I tried to recently get an ADR for Ohana's for breakfast and I couldn't. Any advice?

Thanks,
Jessica

I too am a VERY picky eater (although, from my wieght you wouldn't think so...:lmao: ). We had gone to the Cali Grill on the Platinum Plan in 2004, and I have to admit, I didn't care for it... neither did my DH and he isn't very picky... But that is us, you may find something that you like. Check the menu before you decide to cancel. I believe All Ears has menus for all the restaurants. We also went to Victoria & Albert's as well on the Plat. DP and that one I left hungry... chicken was not an option on the menu!!!!:dance3:

savannahjean85
08-29-2007, 01:48 AM
i didn't make an ADR here because I am a exetremely picky eater, I looked at the menu (from the link on wdwinfo) and knew no matter how much I wanted to see the view I didn't want to throw the credits away

honeymo78
08-29-2007, 09:58 AM
For what its worth this is our experience at CG with semi picky diners. DH ordered flatbread with just cheese on it for an appy. I think on the menu it came with more than just cheese but we had no problem getting only cheese on it (tasted like pizza). Our server told us they'd pretty much put whatever toppings we wanted on the flatbread even if that combo wasn't on the menu. We both got the filet for an entree but wanted it plain- DH had the sauce on the side (came in a little cup) and I asked for no sauce at all. As for the side that came with it, DH just got the potatoes with no other veggie, and I asked for the side that came with another entree. I'm not picky about dessert so no requests from me but DH got the lava cake that came with some flavored ice cream and he just asked for no ice cream.

We've never had a problem getting a steak without sauce or seasoning or switching our sides to something that comes with a different dish. To the OP, what type of side would you prefer with your steak? If its somewhere else on the menu you shouldn't have any problems.