PDA

View Full Version : Child's CS ?

OneBadApple
08-20-2007, 03:09 PM
We decided to add the DDP to our up coming trip this November and have a question.

The plan states that a child must order off the kids' menu, if one exists. Do the kids get a dessert? I thought I read some where that they consider the fruit (grapes) the dessert, which comes with a lot of the kid's meals. And in another thread I thought I read that they can get a dessert. Does any one know which way it is?

ETA: We may be at DTD for breakfast one morning and I was wondering what would my DS9 be able to order from Wolfgang Puck Express? From the menus I see online, it doesn't look like they have a kid's menu for breakfast only for lunch/dinner. Would he have to order off the lunch kid's menu or could he order something off the adult breakfast menu?

brymolmom
08-20-2007, 08:26 PM
You may hear different answers but based on MY experience - it depends. :) Seriously, just ask the question at the CS restaurant (does he get a dessert with that too?) and in some you will likely get something else and in others the grapes will likely be the dessert. But don't worry - that's where snack credits come in - if your child doesn't consider grapes an adequate dessert - just walk out the door to the next ice cream stand and grab a sundae! Yummy! Believe me, between the snack every day and the desserts with TS meals - your child will have plenty of 'dessert-like' food each day.

As for the breakfast - no kids menu question - I believe the correct response is that the child can order off the adult breakfast menu if no child options are offered for breakfast - he/she does not need to order lunch food at 7:00am. :)

Have fun!

bicker
08-21-2007, 06:45 AM
Generally, the child CS does indeed include dessert. It may be some specific included dessert, rather than a choice.

OneBadApple
08-21-2007, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the replies. I'll just be sure to ask before ordering.

brymolmom, I'm from Rochester, too.

Disneynut71
08-21-2007, 11:49 AM
I just got home on Sunday from Disney and used the dining plan.

In the past we have always have gotten desert with my kids meals. This trip it was different. Now they have kids picks. You can choose a meal and two items.

EX- Mac and Cheese and then they can pick two from grapes, applesauce, jello, fries, and a chocolate chip cookie.

They no longer get a desert outside of this. It's not in writting and not all the quick service follows this program.

I was not too happy with the changes and all I heard from on manager was "it's not my policy"

I did see at one place they offered Chocolate pudding instead of the cookie but that was about it.

I did write to Disney once I got home to explain why the change is not written anywhere on the info they gave me. I will update when I hear more.