PDA

View Full Version : I have a 5:30 ADR at Kona - I want to see Wishes <m>

mjkacmom
08-20-2007, 01:09 PM
from the Poly beach at 8:00 - is this timing good? Also, we're 5 adults (well, one is 11), and 4 children, and will have 2 tables. DH and I are on the DDP, but not my parents. We'll have 2 adults at each table - will it be possible for DH and I to sit at the same table, but have one of the TS credit used by one of my folks? We'd still be paying 2 meals OOP, but I'd like to split up the appy's and desserts. Does this make sense? For example, if DH and I are at the same table using TS credits, we'd get 2 appy's and 2 desserts, and I'd rather split with him, and have my folks get an appy and dessert to split.

Praying Colonel
08-20-2007, 01:22 PM
You should be finished in plenty of time to view Wishes at 8. In fact, I suspect you'll have to kill some time beforehand. Last year we checked in around 8:05 and were finished in an hour, then shopped around and checked out the pool for about 45 minutes before Wishes at 10.

I think you're going to have a hard time letting your parents use a TS credit, but I'll let others guide you further on that.

2manypets
08-20-2007, 06:21 PM
You can definitely spend 45 minutes or so window shopping at the Polynesian. Wylands Gallery is gorgeous and makes me drool every time I go in. Also you could grab a hammock, if they're up, while you digest.

scrapperjill
08-21-2007, 01:41 AM
I think the rules say you can't give your credits away.... However when we were on the DDP the last time we went our server didn't pay any attention to who was who and who was on what reservation....therefore there is a good chance that they wouldn't even notice. You'd still be paying for two meals oop no matter who's meal it actually was. As for desserts and appitizers....heck...if your mom or dad wanted to take a "taste" of the one you ordered then what's wrong with that??? Okay...maybe it's just out side the guidelines... :rolleyes1 I don't think your parents will be able to order their meals (appitizers or desserts) under your credits....you'd have to do the ordering....and even slid the items to them.

Last time we went with the DDP we had a larger group...and ended up getting two tables quite a bit....We found it was nice to have an 'adult' table and a 'kids' table. Of course that depends on the ages of your kids...ours were 6-12. But if you did that letting your parents nibble on your appitizers and desserts would be ALOT easer.

estherhead
08-21-2007, 06:14 AM
Why can't you just hand them your appy & dessert? I would just order my TS the way my parent's wanted me to & then take it to them. Of course, I used to be a server & have been known to walk my own glass to the drink counter & stand there till someone fills it up too. But for me this seems simplest as it would be on your receipt & no bother to the server at all.

mjkacmom
08-21-2007, 07:44 AM
LOL - I actually thought about just walking food over - and I could also make sure my 11 year old dd is at their table (we have done kids tables before, but at more casual restaurants - I have 2 four year olds). Not having them on the DDP will be saving our group $, as I'm planning on having the 9 of us share the 7 CS credits (it's really just too much food for 7 of us, especially with 5 children, who are used to sharing meals at restaurants). My mom and I stayed at the Poly almost 20 years ago, when I graduated from college - it'll be fun to see it again.