PDA

View Full Version : I made it.. and had a blast!

PrincessNancy96
08-20-2007, 06:32 AM
Well, we are home..and BAMB didn't need to come bail me out!

Lets put it this way.. they were fighting so much among themselves that I was left alone...but fully entertained! popcorn:: popcorn::

They waste so much time and energy on fighting w/ each other over what there wicked stepmom starts.. The sad thing is this stepmom came into their lives when the kids were older (DH out of college) and tried to convince their dad he didn't need to be in their lives... their dad didn't falter from being their dad and just told her not to be a part of his kids lives if she didn't want to try.. so it's a his family/her family.. She started a lot of stuff which I witnessed and over heard...but it just proves the point why DH and I keep the kids from contact w/ her.

So, in a nutshell w/o too much details.. I(WE)survived.. Was able to dance and have fun w/ my kids and DH..
Drove back towards home.. as I passed Kaddjr's road to her house I waved and hollar SUCCESS! I hope she heard me!
We headed to the hotel, swam that night and the following morning.. Headed out to have lunch in southern part of the state.... to our first soccer game..and WE Won! We won!!! Our boys were awesome!
Headed home for a basketball scrimmage from same DS...and finally got dinner about 9pm last night..and off to bed for school!!!

ddavis860
08-20-2007, 07:07 AM
:thumbsup2 So glad you survived!! Outlaws are such a pain!!!

Congrats on great soccer game too!

Welcome home!! :teeth:

MomOf2DisneyKids
08-20-2007, 07:39 AM
:thumbsup2 So glad you survived!! Outlaws are such a pain!!!

Congrats on great soccer game too!

Welcome home!! :teeth:

yes, big ditto to that!!! :wave: :hug:

aroyer
08-20-2007, 07:44 AM
I wondered how it went- I was thinkin about you! So glad you were able to have fun. And congrats on the soccer game! :cool1:

PrincessNancy96
08-20-2007, 09:11 AM
Thanks! I could bore you w/ all the details even a nutshell version..but it would still be a book! They fight over trival stuff..

AlexWyattMommy
08-20-2007, 09:46 AM
Glad you made it out okay!

Congrats on the soccer game.

We have our first game tonight. Candy league, so we aren't supposed to keep score, but try telling that to the parents. :confused3

kaddjr
08-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Ahhhh...so THAT'S what I heard!:rotfl: Girl, you crack me up!

Glad you had a good time and they left you alone. I know how that feels- my ILs always seem to try to single me out and blame me for quite a bit. That's why it is rare that I attend DH's family functions. The less I am around those toxic people, the better.;)

Crongrats on the soccer win! Did I read that correctly- you went from one end of the state the to the other? And basketball practice already? DS is just getting ready to start football and we usually get about a week or two break before basketball starts.

Are you taking the day to recoup? Just reading about all you did this weekend makes me tired...:rotfl:

PrincessNancy96
08-20-2007, 11:03 AM
We were about near So. Bend...and had to be back down by Bloomington on Sunday...

As for basketball practice... it's just a group of boys who played together last year getting together... for some pick up games w/ some other area groups.. it's been nice.. although there is one mom.. I'm gonna strangle! That lady has a lot of nerve.. and if she told that other mom how short my son was one more time I was ready to pounch.. that's okay.. DS took care of it.. her son went for a layout, that would be LAY UP!...and DS went on a run, cut him off and the boy tried to shoot..and DS swatted the ball right back at him! The mom scream foul.. I very nicely said you might want to read the rules.. as long as the opposing player does NOT have contact w/ the player but only the ball.. that is a legal block and therefore your SON was NOT fouled! She got up and moved and the parents from our team started laughing! I was very matter of fact that she need to get a clue! However, back to basketball practices.. we have try outs for the travel team (which he plays on) in 3 weeks... our first games are in November....but I'm sure we'll do a tourney or two in October!

WE did decide we need a family CD mix of travel songs w/ as much as we are in the van!

BernardandMissBianca
08-20-2007, 11:23 AM
glad you made it home in one piece.

I can just imagine what they fought about, I'm sure it will make for some great memories in the future, NOT!

kaddjr
08-20-2007, 11:27 AM
Didn't you feel like doing this -> :p after educating that mother on what IS a foul?:lmao: And bravo to your DS son for blocking that shot!:thumbsup2

Traveling team huh? I thought it was kinda early for the school's team to be starting. DS has a bud who's mother is coaching their team this year and she has started the two on some drills in preparation for the start of the season. It should be an interesting season. The coach that had the team last year has left, and his son was the "superstar" of the team. It didn't matter if someone was open on the post, the other players would pass it right back out to him so he could make the shot. Well, that's gonna change a little bit this year. The new coach (I know her and her style- she's the one that gave me the corn btw) tends to really teach the kids the WHOLE game, so we will see. They didn't have a bad season last year, but there is a whole lot of room for improvement.

LOL! about the travel CDs! We have several for just such occasions!

MyLittlePiglet
08-20-2007, 11:35 AM
glad you made it through... also glad to know not the only family that has drama one tries to stay out of LOL

Lisa
08-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Why do some people feel compelled to fight over silly things. What a waste of time.

Good that you and your family had a good time despite unpleasant company. Take about making lemonade out of lemons!:laughing:

Congrats to your sons team for winning. Great way to start off the season.:thumbsup2

New England Eeyore
08-21-2007, 08:54 AM
I'm glad you made the best of it and had fun, Nancy!

StitchIsOurHero
08-21-2007, 03:04 PM
I'm glad you survived!! At least in-laws are always good for some entertainment (as long as you can watch from far away!!) :rotfl2:

party of 3
08-21-2007, 03:45 PM
glad to see you had a good time nancy. and made the best of the situation. good for you girl. out-laws are funny huh? nice when you can just sit back and laugh to yourself! and congrats to ds win! you have quite the busy schedule. i think that mix cd is a great idea!