PDA

View Full Version : How will Indiana Jones IV affect Indiana Jones The Ride?

brocklesnar69
08-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Do you think that the release of the New Indiana Jones movie in 2008 will effect the IJ ride itself? Will Disney do something special? Will they change parts of the ride all together to add some scenes from the movie?
Think they'll have like an Indiana Jones month?

Any idea how the new movie will effect 'Temple of the Forbidden eye'? pirate:

DLR29
08-19-2007, 06:21 PM
Hopefully, Disney will give it a huge makeover. Maybe update the AA's and add some new effects. I think they could do way more with the rat room than they do and same with the dart room. Get rid of the painted walls and get some cool realistic rock walls with maybe some real darts that shoot out above you. I don't know. I could think of a bunch of cool effects. But realistically, I doubt DL will do anything major. Maybe something like they did with PotC this past year with the new additions.

pixiewings71
08-20-2007, 02:04 PM
I don't think they should real darts, too much potential for someone standing up and getting hit by one. They would have to put them really far up. LOL I do hope they do add some things though, I love Indy, it's one of my favorites!! We rode it so many times our last trip! LOL

mystic_path
08-20-2007, 07:25 PM
I never thought about it but yeah Disney probably would do something with the ride. I have to agree with the rat room and the darts. The ride itself is so awesome but those effects could be upgraded. They do nothing for me.

darph nader
08-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Disney will probably update IJ as fast as they have Star Tours.:rolleyes1

What? Did I say something wrong?:confused3

Luv Bunnies
08-20-2007, 10:49 PM
Disney will probably update IJ as fast as they have Star Tours.:rolleyes1

What? Did I say something wrong?:confused3

No, you didn't say anything wrong! You're totally right!

I think Star Tours needs an update far worse than Indy!!!!

JenDisneylandlver
08-20-2007, 11:20 PM
Well it's true that after 3 new Star Wars movies they didn't touch Star Tours, so it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't do anything with Indy.

The Pirate movies were so popular for Disney, I think that's why POTC got a bit of a work over.

Took
08-21-2007, 10:11 AM
Well it's true that after 3 new Star Wars movies they didn't touch Star Tours, so it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't do anything with Indy.

The Pirate movies were so popular for Disney, I think that's why POTC got a bit of a work over.

Popularity certainly has something to do with it, as does "sequelitous" (where good first movies get tainted with bad sequels). Several of us HATED the new Star Wars movies and so no associated ride update for them was OK. Some of us also anticipate a crappy (as in "I'm too old for this") IJ IV movie, so no updates might be OK there. Now if they want to update just b/c technology is better now and they could make a good ride better, more power to them!