PDA

View Full Version : Planning first trip with kids to DL - Best time to go?

BelleNJ
08-19-2007, 03:17 PM
It's been a while since DH and I have been out to DL and we want to plan our next trip for our kids. They have never been to DL so we want to go at a good time of year. Being that we live about 10 minutes from DisneyWorld we want this to be a great experience for them. What time of year would you recommend with low crowds? Also, which hotel? I'm thinking Disneyland Hotel just because I love it.
Any other suggestions would be great!!
Thanks!!

DLR29
08-19-2007, 03:24 PM
The least crowded time at DL is the same as WDW, early December. Also the decorations are up and some of the rides have holiday makeovers (Haunted Mansion and IASW). The only problems with going when the crowds are low are that a)many entertainment options are only shown on weekends and b) the hours are short like 10-8 or something like that. DCA might be 10-6.

For hotels, there are tons of small hotels that are a closer walking distance than the DLH at a much cheaper price. But if you wanted the Disney experience then by all means book it. It shouldn't be that crowded and the rates are the lowest out of the whole year.

darph nader
08-19-2007, 03:33 PM
Kind of a tough call (for me at least).
Time of year,early-mid May (most attractions,up and running. Cal-kids still in school) or 'maybe' Sept. Of course,this is from the same person who wants to go in Dec,( my DD says the decorations are just too cool)
As far as hotels go,the nicest place at was the Anaheim Marriot.:thumbsup2
Nice rooms,the pool area is great,and my wife and watched the kids swim from the lounge. Of course my son 'won' the room in a contest,and they had their own private shuttle at the time.;)
Nowadays we 'try' and stay at the Camelot Inn,closer than the DLH,and the 4th floor pool is a great place to watch the fireworks.:woohoo:

HydroGuy
08-19-2007, 10:06 PM
Since you have been before I assume you are well aware of the differences between off-season at WDW and DLR. In case memory has slipped, here is some info to keep in mind:

What You Should Know About Off-Season at DLR
www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=18462889 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=18462889)