PDA

View Full Version : Easiest way from DAK to Pop?

DJ's Mommy
08-19-2007, 11:42 AM
We have a 6:30 ADR at Boma :banana: for Saturday 1/26. Will we have to take the bus to DTD from AKL and then transfer to a bus to POP? If WS is open until 9 that night, would it be easier to take the bus to Epcot to get to Pop? I have never stayed at Pop before and don't know which is the closest / less commute time? Anyone know?

helenk
08-19-2007, 01:07 PM
I would not go to DTD and then back to the POP. Your best bet using Disney transportation would be to take a bus to MGM or Epcot. The fastest way would be just to take a cab from AKL to the POP.

dudspizza
08-19-2007, 04:44 PM
I agree with the cab choice. It is by far the shortest and quickest way to get back to POP. Going to DTD or a park is going to take forever... especially if you get there around closing time.

Duds

DJ's Mommy
08-19-2007, 08:15 PM
My problem with the cab choice is...I am traveling with DS, who will be 5 years old at the time of our trip. I am always afraid to have him in a car with no booster...unless it is provided....

dudspizza
08-19-2007, 11:22 PM
My problem with the cab choice is...I am traveling with DS, who will be 5 years old at the time of our trip. I am always afraid to have him in a car with no booster...unless it is provided....

Personal preference, I guess. The laws in Florida simply state a 5 year old needs to be buckled in. My youngest DD is on the bigger side and when she was 5 we choose to NOT bring a booster seat. We had a rental car and never once felt we were putting her in danger... that said, it is personal preference. I got my kids out of boosters as soon as they were tall enough, yet I have friends who kept thier kids in boosters through 3rd grade! Again, personal preference.

Here is Florida's law.
All children 5 years of age or younger must be properly restrained no matter where they are sitting in the vehicle. Children through age 3 must be secured in a separate carrier or a vehicle manufacturer's integrated child safety seat. For children aged 4 through 5 years, a separate carrier, an integrated child safety seat, or a safety belt may be used. (FL Statute 316.613).

Duds

standleyent1
08-19-2007, 11:50 PM
If you are staying at the POP you could take the bus to AK and then take another to AKL when you leave AKL you can then take a bus to Epcot and then a bus back to POP. You don't want to go to DTD because it is completely on the opposite side of the property and would take forever. Have fun!!pirate: