PDA

View Full Version : Official Christmas Season Opens 11/16/07?

bouncy54
08-17-2007, 10:50 PM
DIS, as well as other forums, are saying that the official starting date for the holidays this year is Nov. 16th, and that Believe fireworks begins that night. (the 16th) :santa:

Maybe...just maybe...we'll get the best of both seasons even if I did flub things up by accidently booking the beginning of our vactation over Veteran's Day weekend. ;) Surely they'll have some kind of fireworks over Vet's weekend.

I could get lucky enough to see both the "Remember" & "Believe" fireworks. :cloud9:

Of course, the weather could always mess things up. :rotfl:

funnygarcia
08-18-2007, 08:06 PM
I went over Veteran's weekend once due to a convention... I fell in love with the Believe Holiday fireworks on that trip.. just magical.

Also, decorations were up.. cookie frosting was in process, HMH, Small World Holiday. The only thing NOT running was the holiday parade.

The days before the weekend were just fine crowd wise, at least you get to see the holiday events without the holiday crowds around Christmas!:scared1:

lillybug
08-19-2007, 11:07 AM
:woohoo:

We arrive on the 16th! :santa:

CableKC
08-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Can someone fill me in on what is different about DL during Christmas?

I have seen ( on the Travel Channel on TV ) how WDW decorates the park as well as the hotels.

Do they decorate the DL hotel as well as the park itself?

XTinabell
08-21-2007, 07:18 AM
That's cool! We start our 10 day November trip on the 13th so I guess we'll likely miss the Remember fireworks but believe fireworks are outstanding. That'd be really awesome if you get to see both.

mariezp
08-21-2007, 08:26 AM
Can someone fill me in on what is different about DL during Christmas?

I have seen ( on the Travel Channel on TV ) how WDW decorates the park as well as the hotels.

Do they decorate the DL hotel as well as the park itself?

Yes, they do decorate ALL over the resort. Decorations galore! It is beautiful! Plus, some things at Christmas time are Christmas music, carolers on Main Street, special candy flavors and seasonal treats, Christmas tours, Christmas parade, characters in Christmas costume, shows, cookie decorating and reindeer at Big Thunder Ranch & Santa too, Small World light show, and so much more. The coolest thing of all is the SNOW on Main Street.

It is an especially magical time to go!