PDA

View Full Version : Driving from San Diego to Grand Californian...advise?

trampslady
08-17-2007, 11:33 AM
We will be leaving our hotel next Friday morning bound for the Grand Californian. Any advise on the best route. And, we'll need directions from the hotel to the LAX airport, too.

I appreciate any and all information......I LUV my disboards!!

ps....if you've got advise from LAX to San Diego that would be helpful, too. We are arriving at LAX on Thursday morning at 9:10 and I have an engagement in San Diego that afternoon. Then, we are driving back up to Disneyland on Friday morning. Crazy, but fun!

Goofster57
08-17-2007, 12:46 PM
LAX to San Diego
405 South, Merges into the 5 South take that all the way to San Diego.

San Diego to Disneyland
5 North to Harbor Blvd, Right at the off ramp, Left at next signal Ball Road,
Left on Disneyland Drive (second light) to Grand California on left

Grand California to LAX
5 North to 91 West to 605 North to 105 West to Sepulveda Blvd and follow the signs to the airport

Hope this helps should be pretty easy, hope you have a great trip.

disneegrl4eva
08-17-2007, 04:04 PM
LAX to San Diego

San Diego to Disneyland

Grand California to LAX
5 North to 91 West to 605 North to 105 West to Sepulveda Blvd and follow the signs to the airport

I would tend to post a request for alternate routes on the board because in all honesty the 405 and the 5 are imo the 2 worst fwys in southern cali

ACDSNY
08-17-2007, 11:07 PM
LAX to San Diego

San Diego to Disneyland

Grand California to LAX

These are the routes we always use, we just try to avoid peak rush hour times M-F.

DisQueen
08-18-2007, 12:35 AM
5 south is the only route available from south Orange County to San Diego, so you don't have much of a choice. The times you are traveling from LAX to SD and SD to DL shouldn't cause you a problem with traffic. If you take the carpool lane from SD that might help also. The carpool lane has it's own DL exit on the left so you won't need to cross 5 lanes of traffic to exit.

arliepooh68
08-18-2007, 08:38 AM
going north from san dog to anaheim on the 5 you will hit two pockets of stop go, i've yet to avoid it no matter what day or time. . . the first pocket is around del mar, the second pocket is irvine . .. so my best advice, have patience, lots of patience.

ScooterL
08-18-2007, 05:19 PM
going north from san dog to anaheim on the 5 you will hit two pockets of stop go, i've yet to avoid it no matter what day or time. . . the first pocket is around del mar, the second pocket is irvine . .. so my best advice, have patience, lots of patience.
If I leave San Diego by 8:00 in the morning on Saturday or Sunday, I've found that it's clear sailing all the way to Harbor Blvd - barring things like accidents and roadwork, of course. The freeways are pretty clear of "normal traffic" at that time of day, though! (I've made it the 84 miles from my house to the Mickey and Friends parking structure in 1 hour and 10 minutes on a couple of occasions.)

Going up on a Friday...if you leave San Diego after 8:00 (maybe 8:30) you should miss just about all the traffic - maybe a little slowness around Del Mar (just because it's almost ALWAYS slow there during the day) and probably around Tustin in Orange County, but the drive should only take about 90 minutes, and maybe less.

trampslady
08-19-2007, 06:21 PM
Thanks so much for the advise. I really appreciate it. I figure we will probably hit some stuff getting out of LA on Thursday morning, but such is life.