PDA

View Full Version : SW - This stinks!

boomhauer
08-17-2007, 10:48 AM
We purchased our departing and return flights seperately for December. We've been watching to see if an earlier flight comes out for the Friday we're leaving for the same price. I was just screwing around on their website - If you putin roundtrip, it brings up a $119 flight at 12:30PM. If you only put in one way, that same flight comes up at $159.

$40 would be no big deal, but times 3 people is $120.

No way to change it since we have seperate confirmation numbers.

j_lehr
08-17-2007, 11:07 AM
I have found that it is usually cheaper to get round trip tickets then one way tickets.

boomhauer
08-17-2007, 12:08 PM
I have found that it is usually cheaper to get round trip tickets then one way tickets.

I usually do it that way. I just didn't have the money the week the fares came out, so I wanted to at least get departing out of the way.

I could always call SW, cancel both flights, and rebook online.

kelleigh1
08-17-2007, 12:33 PM
We lucked out. I booked one-way for each leg of our flight (just booked return today) and everytime I've looked at the one-way vs. round-trip, it wasn't any cheaper for the round-trip.

I also figured we'd never get a better deal on our flight down there the Sunday after Thanksgiving so I wasn't going to wait, but we could see a DING for the return the following Sunday. I finally decided to just book that today to secure the flight times that we wanted and at an acceptable fare, so if I DING comes out, I'll just take the credit and be happy.

tjmw2727
08-17-2007, 02:18 PM
I usually price my trips both ways and it often comes out the same or just a bit more to book a one way fare each way. Since I have been very lucky with getting ding's I usually do book the one way since its so much easier to change to the ding fare. That to me its often worth the initial price even if its a bit higher.

TJ

CarolA
08-17-2007, 04:17 PM
There is a way to change it.

Cancel both one way tickets and rebook using the credit. That will leave you the $40 credit for a future flight. Now, that may mess up your "Ding" plan so you have to decide what it's worth to you.

disneyfaninaz
08-17-2007, 05:57 PM
Sometimes you don't have the option to book a roundtrip. For instance, when SW releases flights next week, they will open up my departing date, but not my returning date.

I could wait for a couple of months and try for a roundtrip, but there is a possibility that all the cheaper flights for my departing flight will be gone. So, I guess I"ll get my one-way flight and take my chances.