PDA

View Full Version : Towncar v. Magical Express

cmmills2
08-17-2007, 09:36 AM
What would you do if spending the money was no option and getting to the resort (BCV) fastest was your one and only concern.

(arriving at MCO on saturday 9/1 at 10:30 a.m.)

1. tiffany towncar

2. magical express

(also, can you not use magical express on arrival BUT use it when departing?)

thanks, as always!!

Jestocost
08-17-2007, 09:49 AM
If you follow the DME rules, it's probably--on average--a wash as far as how fast you get to the resort. In most cases, the time savings you gain by taking a town car (no waiting at the DME check-in, no waiting for a bus to fill, guarantee of going straight to your resort) are offset by the time spent waiting at baggage claim, which you need to do if you take a town car but don't need to do with DME.

And, yes, you can use DME just for the return trip to MCO.

cmmills2
08-17-2007, 09:52 AM
thats what i figured...

we took ME a few years ago (on a thursday late-morning at the beginning of august) and, as i remember, it was great.

i think my concern now stems from the thought that a saturday would be much more crowded....

but, i have no clue!!

DisneyNotes
08-17-2007, 10:26 AM
We, too, are arriving on a Saturday and I've been assured by posters here that we are in good shape and ME will still be efficient.

kaytieeldr
08-17-2007, 12:27 PM
But if Saturday's more crowded (assuming you mean 'busier at the airport'), then the DME buses should be filling faster and dispatch that much sooner. I agree, it's a wash.

DisneyNotes
08-17-2007, 02:56 PM
But if Saturday's more crowded (assuming you mean 'busier at the airport'), then the DME buses should be filling faster and dispatch that much sooner.

That's a good point.

CleveRocks
08-17-2007, 04:06 PM
Yup, if speed was my only concern then I'd have to flip a coin.

Choose on the level of service you want and how much you are willing to pay for it.

Hopefully
08-18-2007, 10:29 AM
I agree with the others, if time is the primary consideration, I think it is a wash. We have driven to Florida, used a Town car service with a grocery stop, rented a car and used DME and wegoshop.com for food and beverage delivery.
DME and wegoshop.com is by far my favorite method of getting to WDW now.
I love the convenience of grocery delivery and I love not having to go to Baggage Claim. This is the most stress free start to a vacation, IMO.
Have a Great Trip!

DisneyNotes
08-18-2007, 01:07 PM
I'm glad to hear that. Stress-free is what I'm after!