PDA

View Full Version : It's official....finally booked package & Camelot

daffidyll
08-16-2007, 04:47 PM
I've finally booked our package through Disney and have decided to go with the Camelot Inn.

When I called the number shown on Disney.com I asked the guy who answered what the best way to book would be (I'm in Australia)...right from the start he didn't seem overly welcoming of a phone call and to my question he said I'd have to go through E commerce. When I asked what that was he kind of sighed like exasperated and said kind of snooty like "where you do it over the internet...I'll transfer you" and he did....to a recording.....GRRRR......

Took me a bit to figure out what to do then....didn't want to call back and get that guy again....but finally just hit the 'book now' button online even though I still had tons of questions. Luckily it came up with 'if booking outside the U.S. call this number and so I did......

Got a WONDERFUL FRIENDLY FANTASTIC guy, Barry, who was awesome. Just so different than the first guy...felt easy asking him all my ridiculous questions though at first he had me panicked when he said "we don't have the Camelot available for your dates....but then he found it YEA YEA....er....I think anyway....having never stayed there I'm hoping I made the right choice anyway.

I also had emailed BEI-HOTELS (which own Camelot and Tropicana) and have dealt with another really nice guy, Art Reyes who has been really helpful as well. He said to just let him know once I made my booking and he will make sure I get the room I want (I'm specifically after a king bed/sofa bed room). He also said he would accept our RACQ card (like the U.S. AAA card, discount wise). I did end up going with Disney though for all the extras you get with the package plus it did still end up being cheaper by $150 overall. Just wanted to mention names in case anyone else ever needs to contact anyone....these were 2 very helpful people!

Soooo, I am finally finally done with hotel decisions....what a relief!!! Even just talking with the Disney guy made me feel like I was almost there....hung up the phone and my DD and I did a little dance around....yeah, I acted like my 3 year old!

Sorry for the long babble!

daisy_77
08-16-2007, 04:55 PM
:cheer2: Congrats on getting your package booked! I am sure the Camelot will be wonderful! The pics that I have seen are all really nice.
You are going to Disneyland!!:yay:

bumbershoot
08-16-2007, 04:57 PM
Yay, congratulations!!!!!

I hope that Barry talks to that first guy you talked to, so he knows that international guests need to call a certain number.

And it sounds like you'll get the room you wanted, yay!

DLovinFam
08-16-2007, 05:53 PM
Congrats! Sorry about the first guy, but I'm glad you were able to talk to a couple of other gentlemen that were friendly and helpful!

When are you going?

daffidyll
08-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Thanks everyone.....We're going in March.....oh such a long way away! Am looking forward to your trip report Daisy77.....and if you just happen to pass an empty king mini suite and have your camera with ya (ok, I know that's crazy!)....BTW....forgot to say I loved that you posted those pics of the shirts you made and the link to that website! She just made me 5 transfers....they are so awesome!